手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第3集 谁是奶酪背后的男人

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

This is courtordered mediation.

这是一次法院命令的调解
It's not optout mediation
不是可以退出的调解
or Idon'tfeellikeit mediation.
你们喜欢与否无所谓
We know that but what can we do?
我们知道,但我们能怎么做
We can't negotiate with a stone.
我们总不可能和石头谈条件吧
Yes but you can lower your ask.
是的,但你们可以降低索赔金额
Given the set of facts I'm looking at
根据我所了解到的一系列事实
well it's way to high.
这个金额太高了
And the law is far from clear as to...
而且法律也没有明确...
Then let's go to court.
那我们庭上见
Look the judge doesn't want to clutter up his docket.
听着,法官不想打乱他手上的案件
That's why he empowered me to keep you here
所以他授权我与你们调解
as long as I want to reach a compromise.
只要我坚持调解,你们就不能退出
And I will.
我会坚持的
So show me some movement.
所以,请让我看到你们的行动
Our client wanted to sue for $38 million in punitive.
我们的委托人希望索赔3800万美元
We got her down to 14.
我们让她降到了1400万
That is movement.
这就是行动
But where is theirs?
但他们的行动呢
Think about a new ask.
再考虑一个新的金额吧
I need you to raise your offer.
你们得提高出价
Oh come on.
得了吧
Given the set of facts I'm looking at
根据我所掌握的一系列情况
well it's way too low.
赔偿金额太低了
And the legal issues... What about their ask?
而且法律问题... 他们想要多少,
$12 million for what was clearly an accident?
对于一场明显的意外事故索赔1200万?
$14 million.
1400万,
Oh my God. It keeps going up.
天哪,越要越多
No it was always $14 million.
不,一直都是1400万
Exactly because they won't move.
正是,因为他们不会让步
That's Will Gardner's M.O.
这就是威尔·加德纳的惯用伎俩
He gets his opposition negotiating with themselves
让对手自己说服自己让步
so he can just sit back and...
他们只要坐等...
Okay the good news is
好消息是
they've agreed to an increase in their offer.
他们同意提高赔偿
Really?
是吗
Yes $100000.
是,提高10万
As a goodwill gesture.
作为善意的表示
But it's linked to an equivalent reduction in your ask.
但也需要你们相应减少索赔金额
We're not meeting in the middle.
这算谈不拢了
You are meetig in the middle.
你们必须谈拢
Everyone's meeting in the middle or I keep you here.
每个人都必须谈拢,否则就继续调解
This was an unfortunate accident...
这是一起不幸的意外事故
Wait a minute.
等一下
I know Celeste works under the mistaken impression
我知道莎丽斯特有个错误的观念
that if she says something enough times
她以为,如果她把某事重复足够多遍
it'll make it true
就会变成真的
but this wasn't an accident; this was fraud.
但这事不是意外,是欺诈
Deposition 101 page 58.
证词101条,58页
"But wasn't this an accident ma'am?" Answer...
"这不是一次意外吗,女士"回答是...
No an accident is unintentional.
不,意外是指无心之失
What your client did to me was intentional.
你委托人对我做的事是故意的
You sound angry ma'am.
听上去你很生气,女士
Do I?
有吗
I guss I am. I...
我猜是的,我
Would you like to take a break Maggie?
你需要休息一下吗,玛姬
Can we get you anything for your pain?
用我给你找点止疼的东西吗
Thank you Mr. Gardner.
谢谢你,加德纳先生
Why don't we let Maggie raise her hand when she wants to take a break
让玛姬在她想休息时,举手示意就好了
instead of continually vocalizing her pain into the record?
不必一次次对着镜头强调她的疼痛
Wow Celeste. Cynical much?
莎丽斯特,讽刺吗
Only since your fifth interruption. Thank you
在你第5次打断后,谢谢,
but I don't need a break.
但是我不需要休息
She doesn't need a break Will.
她不需要休息,威尔
Can I continue now?
现在可以继续了吗
It's up to you.
取决于你
This was all caused by an accident four years ago wasn't it?
这都是由4年前的一次意外引起的,是不是
I was in a car accident.
那时我出了车祸
It caused DDD degenerative disc disorder.
造成退行性腰椎间盘病变
It's misaligned vertebrae discs.
腰椎间盘移位
And Dr. Farland the man you are suing my client
而法兰德医生,你起诉的被告,我的委托人
suggested an operation.
建议手术治疗
He did.
是,
He said I needed an SCS a spinal cord stimulator.
他说我需要使用脊髓电刺激器
A device like this?
像这样的设备?
Our client was given a chance to choose
法兰德让我方委托人
which model to have surgically implanted
从食品药物管理局许可的12种模型中
from a catalogue of 12 FDAapproved models.
选取一种进行手术植入
But she didn't choose any that's the defense's point.
但她没有选,这就是被告方辩解的关键
Yes but I expected him
是,但是我指望他
to pick one of the FDAapproved devices.
从食品药物管理局许可的设备中选一个
I was never told there was another option.
我从没被告知还有其它选择
And what happened after the operation Maggie?
手术之后发生了什么,玛姬
The pain was gone.
疼痛消失了
I was ready to worship Dr. Farland.
我正准备敬仰信任法兰德医生
But then the pain came back?
但是后来疼痛又出现了?
Yes it was like a deal with the Devil.
对,就像和魔鬼打交道
It came back three times worse.
疼痛比过去严重了三倍
But that's not why you brought suit.
但这不是你起诉的原因
No. About a month after my operation
对,大约在手术后一个月
I received an itemized bill for the SCS.
我收到了一份脊髓电刺激器帐单明细
On it was listed the manufacturer and the inventor.
上面标明了制造商和发明者
And who was the inventor?
谁是这个发明者
My doctor Dr. Farland.
我的医生,法兰德医生
And this device he invented
他发明的这个设备
it was not FDAapproved?
没有经过食品药物管理局的认证?
That's right.
是的
He just implanted it in me like I was a guinea pig.
他把它植入我体内,拿我当小白鼠
I want to sympathize
我表示同情
I do but you can't keep asking for $14 million.
真的,但你们不能坚持要1400万
Maggie has three children.
玛姬有3个孩子
She is in constant pain.
她遭受不断的疼痛
Her life has been shortened by a decade.
她的寿命缩短了十年
Her husband left her
丈夫弃她而去
and she's being kicked out of her house
她被赶出家门
all because she can not hold down a job
都是因为她不能保住工作
or offer spousal companionship.
也不能尽配偶义务
Now if that happened to me
如果这种事发生在我身上
from a doctor who experimented on me without my knowledge
医生在我不知情的情况下,拿我做实验
I'm sorry but I would be asking for twice as much.
对不起,但我会索要两倍的赔偿
Good job. Keep on him.
干得好,继续攻他
And everyone the mediator's threatening
大家听好,调解员扬言
to keep us here through the weekend
周末我们也要在这儿参加调解
and I think he means it so make arrangements.
我想他是说真的,所以早做打算
We might have a slight edge in mediation.
我们在调解中可能占有轻微优势
The mediator seems sympathetic.
调解员看上去对我们抱有同情
Really? Will that matter?
是嘛,这管用吗
Not really.
也不算
We're heading to trial either way
不管怎样我们都要上庭审
but it shows our argument's working.
但至少证明我们的论理有说服力
What's up there? I just got a call.
那边情况如何,我刚接到一个电话,
Someone who needs crisis management.
有人需要危机管理服务
One of our clients?
我们的某个客户?
No someone impressed with the Florrick rehabilitation.
不,是对福瑞克复职欢欣鼓舞的人
Now I'm starting to feel like a slacker.
现在我开始觉得自己是个懒虫
Eli is starting to clock more billable hours than us.
伊莱的计费工时,现在都开始超过我们了
Who is it one of the airlines?
是谁,航空公司吗
I heard a jet went off the runway at O'Hare.
我听说奥黑尔机场有架喷气机偏离跑道
No but I might be able to sign them.
不是,但我有可能签下他们的案子
I can decide for both of us?
我的决定能代表我们俩吗
Yes. Just keep me in the loop.
是的,让我知情就好
Cheese.
奶酪
Cheese?
奶酪
Yes. We represent the Wisconsin State Dairy Guild
是的,我们代表威斯康星州乳业行会
and we need your help.
我们需要你的帮助
With cheese? Yes.
关于奶酪? 是的,
A certain kind of cheese or all cheese?
某一种奶酪还是所有品种
There was an outbreak of listeriosis
4小时前
in a Chicago grammar school four hours ago.
芝加哥某小学爆发了利斯特菌病情
News reports say the outbreak
新闻说突发病情
was traced to bacterialinfected cheese slices.
与被细菌污染的奶酪片有关
Five children are hospitalized
5名儿童送院
four teachers are ill
4个老师染病
and we're getting alarmed calls from government officials.
我们接到了政府打来的电话
Patrick! Lydia!
帕特里克,莉迪亚
Does the guild have a contract with an existing PR firm?
行会是否与哪家公关公司有合同在身?
Keyser & Associates.
凯塞尔公司
They're working on an "Eat Cheese" Campaign.
他们正为我们做"享用奶酪"的推广活动
Not anymore. You hire me I am one voice.
那是过去时了,你雇我,就不能雇别人
Tell me that's ok we're going forward.
你同意的话,我们再继续谈
I'll have to get permission. That's fine for now
我要先请示上级,眼下这还可以,
but I need someone here who doesn't need to get permission.
但我需要能拍板的人来跟我谈
Monthly retainer of $60000 a month.
固定费用为每月6万
Hourly still applies. You'll find that's competitive.
但小时付费仍然计算,价格很合理
Fine. Get me everything on listeriosis
好的,去查利斯特菌病的资料,
anyone who will speak out against cheese.
以及公然反对食用奶酪的人
And I'll need more investigator time. Get Kalinda.
我需要更多的调查人手,把凯琳达调给我
She's on the mediation.
她在跟进调停案
Not anymore.
那是过去时了
60 a month...
每月六... 60...
Wwait hold on.
等一下
...may also be tainted.
...也遭到污染,
It was just after recess.
事情发生课间休息后
The culprit the most innocent of foods.
而罪魁祸首竟是看似无害的食物
Cheese.
奶酪
This cell phone video Oh dear God.
这段手机视频,我的天哪,
shot by a cafeteria worker
由一位餐厅工作人员拍摄
captures several students becoming gravely ill...
拍到了许多孩子病发的过程
We're worried this is gonna keep people from purchasing cheese.
我们担心这会让人们不敢购买奶酪
You think?
仅是担心吗
Cheeseburgers and grilled cheese sandwiches...
奶酪汉堡,烤奶酪三明治...
You'll have to hire Lockhart/Gardner
你们要雇洛克哈特&加德纳律所
as temporary counsel.
作为临时法律顾问
Actually we have outside counsel.
事实上,我们已经有法律顾问了
Okay I can explain myself for now
我现在还有时间给你解释
but when things move faster
但等着事态恶化后
you're going to have to just trust me.
你们必须毫无保留地相信我
Currently everything we say and do can be subpoenaed
我们眼下说的做的,都可能被呈交法庭
for civil or criminal trial.
作为民事或刑事案的证据
And believe me with news like this
相信我,有这样的新闻在前
you do not want that.
你绝不希望如此
We need to be able to speak
我们的谈话
under cover of attorneyclient privilege
需要律师与当事人保密特权的保护
which Diane provides and we need it now!
而戴安就能提供,此事刻不容缓
Go ahead get permission.
打电话,征求上级同意
Hi Walter. Still there?
沃尔特,还在听吗
We also need to hire Lockhart/Gardner
我们还需雇洛克哈特&加德纳律所
as temporary counsel.
作为临时法律顾问
...as we learn more.
...待我们得知更多情况,
And get me the CEO of Heather Farms
给我联系欧石南庄园公司的CEO
before he talks to a reporter.
赶在他向记者说话前
Here he comes now.
他来了
You just tell him what you told me.
你把刚刚告诉我的对他再讲遍
What's wrong? Is everything all right?
怎么回事,没出什么问题吧
I don't know. I got a call from someone at the Vindicator.
说不清,我接到《维护者报》一个人的电话
She asked if I had an opinion about the results
关于对法兰德医生医疗调查的结果
of the medical investigation of Dr. Farland.
她问我有何看法
I don't understand. It's a year off. I know.
我不明白,这早了一年,我知道,
She said the FDA expedited it.
她说食品药物管理局加快了进度
She got an early look and they're siding with Dr. Farland.
她提前看到了结果,对法兰德医生有利
It may not be true.
这不一定是真的
It doesn't matter.
是真是假无所谓
Any rumor of an investigation that goes against us hurts us.
只要有这样的流言传出,就对我们不利
Did this reporter say when she wanted a comment?
这个记者说她什么时候要回复
This afternoon.
今天下午
She has to go to press Monday with the leak.
她说周一就要把消息公布
Here's her number.
这是她的电话
She's the Metro editor.
她是本地新闻版的编辑
Kate Hanson I know her. Let me give her a call.
凯特·汉森,我知道她,我跟她联系
She'll be easy to stall.
可以拖住她
Thank you for doing this.
谢谢你的帮助
Once more around the park.
再带他去趟公园
So what do you think?
你怎么看
I think we have a gun to our head
我觉得现在的情况很悬
and can't wait for trial.
不能拖到庭审
We have to get a good deal in mediation.
要在调解中拿到好价钱
Damn! Be right there.
他妈的,我一会儿上去,
Owen can you do me a favor?
欧文,能帮我个忙吗
Diane we...
戴安,我们...
I'll call you back.
一会再打给你
I think the mediator's lying to us.
我觉得调解员在对我们说谎
I think you're right.
我也这么觉得
Two hours and a bottle of wine
两小时,加一瓶红酒
we can settle this.
我们就能解决
Just this? Why not the Middle East?
就本案吗,为何不连中东问题也一并解决
It's game theory with imperfect information Will.
我们这是不完全信息下的博弈,威尔
Why don't we make it perfect?
我们为何不交流一下
I thought you liked imperfect.
你不是就喜欢不完全嘛
Poker over chess.
扑克比象棋更有趣
You sure you're on the right floor?
你确定你没下错楼层?
I'm serious.
我是认真的
We used to settle a lot of things in the old days.
我们以前这样解决了不少案子
We used to unsettle a lot of things too.
也有很多搞乱的
I'm going into my room now.
我要回房了
You haven't heard our case yet. It's a good one.
你还没听过我方的论据,很有说服力的
Then I can't wait. Goodbye Celeste.
我都等不及了,再见,莎丽斯特
My number.
我的电话
When you're ready to negotiate.
你准备跟我谈,就打给我
The whole weekend.
整个周末吗
Maybe not the whole one.
可能不用那么久
It's hot right? The nights are hot?
很热,是不是,晚上很热吧
Oh steaming.
蒸笼似的
Sultry with the scent of jasmine forbidden love.
到处弥漫着茉莉香气,禁忌之恋
Coat no coat?
要不要外套
No coat.
不用
You're fine with this right?
你来帮我没问题吧
I just need someone with the kids through Sunday
我只是需要周日有人陪着孩子们
Sure. The fun uncle.
当然,搞怪叔叔
I'm the fun uncle.
我是很会陪孩子的
You and Will in a hotel room. Yes
你跟威尔,在宾馆共处一室,是的,
Will me four lawyers
威尔,我,另外四个律师
six of their lawyers and a mediator
对方六个律师,还有一个调解员
You and Will check out the hot tub.
你跟威尔享受起鸳鸯浴
In a businessman's hotel.
那是个商务酒店
The best sex I ever had was in a businessman's hotel.
我最飘飘欲仙的一次性事,就是在商务酒店
Oh okay. Can we not go there?
好了,打住行吗
You are so funny.
你真搞笑
You are the most prudish wanton woman I know.
你是我认识的最会装正经的荡妇
Hey. What was that?
你刚才是什么表情
What? Nothing. I have to go.
没什么,我要走了
But you were about to say something.
但你刚才明明要说什么的
You won't get in a fight with Peter right?
你跟彼特不会打架吧
He's picking up the kids for dinner Saturday night.
他周六晚上会过来接孩子吃晚饭
I didn't mean it
刚才说你是荡妇
about the "wanton"
只是说着玩的
Alicia talk to me.
艾丽西娅,跟我谈谈
Owen I would if I had the time.
欧文,有时间的话我会的
You have to wait for the elevator
你反正要等电梯
so talk to me here.
那就跟我谈谈吧
Okay.
好的
You're sleeping with Will
你跟威尔有一腿
which is why you left your husband.
所以把你老公踢了
Oh come on.
说实话吧
I'll call you later.
再联系
Gretchen Battista.
我是格雷琴·巴蒂斯塔
No Kate retired three months ago.
不,凯特三个月前退休了
I'm her replacement Mr....
我接替了她,你是...
Gardner.
加德纳
Yeah so you'll be getting a package
在大概一个小时后
in about an hour or so Ms. Battista.
你会收到一个包裹,巴蒂斯塔小姐
Just ignore it.
无视就好
Oh I already got it.
我已经收到了
My parents drink Scotch.
我父母爱喝苏格兰威士忌
They'll be really grateful.
他们肯定很感谢你
And what might you need?
你想知道什么
You contacted my client
你联系我的当事人
for a comment on the FDA investigation.
问她对食品药物管理局调查结果的看法
I thought I might help.
我想我能给你回答
You wouldn't happen to be fishing for what I might know
你不会是想套我的话吧
would you Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
I might be.
这可说不准
I just find it odd that you'd be
我只是觉得奇怪
the only reporter leaked an FDA decision.
你是唯一一位泄露管理局决定的记者
Maybe I'm just a better reporter.
也许因为我是个有能力的记者
And maybe you have a source that's lying
也许是你的消息源在撒谎
and trying to undermine this negotiation.
只为了破坏我们的谈判
So come in for an interview and you can offer some context.
那你来接受下采访吧,提供点信息
Okay. How about lunch on Monday?
好的,周一一起吃午餐如何
Oh you mean after my deadline? Oh I don't think so.
在我给的最后期限之后吗,那可不行
How about in my office in one hour?
一个小时后,在我办公室如何
Two hours.
那就两小时后
I thought we had agreed this morning to lower your ask by $100000.
我记得今早我们达成共识降10万
Yes and we reevaluated our position
是的,但我们重新评估了一下情况
and we're staying with our original ask.
我们要恢复到原来的要价
I'm glad you think it's funny.
很高兴你认为这很有趣
I thought we were making progress.
我还以为我们有进展了
Oh we are making progress.
的确有进展了
Mr. Gardner has a tell.
加德纳先生有个特点
When he's in trouble he doubles down.
当他遇到麻烦,他就会加码
So we're lowering our offer.
那么我们要降低出价
You don't think the issues here
你不认为这些事很严肃
are too serious to treat like gambling?
不能像赌博一样对待吗
No gambling is too serious to treat like these issues.
不,赌博比这些事严肃多了
We're lowering our offer.
我们要降低赔偿金额
You all right?
你好吗
No.
不好
Okay.
好吧
Yeah.
你好
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Will wants me to get some inkling of their bottom line in mediation.
威尔让我想办法探知对方的调解底线
Why? Eli needs your help.
怎么了,伊莱需要你的帮助,
Heather Farms outside Bloomington.
布鲁明顿郊外的欧石南庄园公司
The USDA is investigating this listeria outbreak
国家乳品协会正在调查利斯特菌病的爆发
and they tend to be slow.
他们的调查速度会比较慢
Well which takes priority cheese or mediation?
那么哪一件优先调查,奶酪还是调解
Both.
都一样
All right got it.
好的,明白
I expect mediation to extend through the weekend at least
我预计调解至少能持续过这个周末
so um I will be...
那么,我会...
There is no Heather Farms.
没有什么欧石南庄园公司
It's just one division of Karpwell Foods.
那只是卡普威尔食品公司的一个部门
And I don't care.
我不在乎这个
I'm not your rabbi sir.
我不是你的老师,先生
I'm merely trying to keep your cheese
我只是要尽力避免你家的奶酪
from damaging the image of all cheeses.
毁掉所有奶酪的形象
Well I'm sorry you feel that way but I do care.
很遗憾你这么觉得,但我真的在乎
It's not even clear that we're responsible.
甚至是否是我们的责任都不清楚
I mean what else did these kids eat?
我是说,那些孩子还吃什么了
That's what I want to know.
这是我想知道的
Oh yes that's a great line of defense.
这真是为自己辩解的好台词
With images like these
有这样的画面
people love to hear that the kids are really the problem.
人们真是愿意听你说,孩子自己才是问题所在
Do you know who Tony Hayward is?
你知道唐熙华是谁吗
Do I...
我...
Yes he's the CEO of British Petroleum.
知道,他是英石油的CEO
No exCEO of BP.
不,英石油的前CEO
The man who many think oversaw the destruction of a brand.
很多人认为他促成了一个品牌的毁灭
So first thing's first we work on your attitude.
那么首先,我们先要纠正你的态度
Excuse me? I think we need to work on...
什么,我认为我们需要...
Look I don't have time to argue with you.
听着,我没时间和你争论
The first rule of managing a crisis:
危机管理第一条规则是
the top man answers the questions.
老大出面回答问题
That is the only reason you're here
这是你在这里的唯一原因
that is the only reason I am talking to you.
这是我现在和你谈话的唯一原因
So in ten minutes time you're giving a press conference
十分钟后,你要出席记者发布会
where you'll order all your cheese products off the shelves.
你要宣布,把你家所有奶酪制品撤架
We need a split screen of that image with you looking strong
尽管这些画面很不利,但你必须显得很坚毅
wrong tie get him a red tie
领带不对,给他拿条红领带来
then you'll apologize for any missteps
然后你要为所有过失道歉
and say the buck stops here.
说没有其他人的责任
Actually he can't do that.
事实上,他不能这么做
Actually he can and he will.
他能,他会这么做
No legally he's in a very vulnerable spot.
不,从法律上来说,他处境堪忧
He can't be out there apologizing and taking blame.
他不能出去道歉揽责任上身
He's gonna get sued no matter what.
不管怎样他是惹定官司了
Yes but the size of the suit is still in question.
是,但官司的规模还不一定
I don't care about the size of the suit Diane.
戴安,我不在乎官司的规模
Yes Eli but I do.
是的,伊莱,但是我在乎
I'll just sit here then.
我就光坐这儿行了
Diane you're only here as window dressing.
戴安,你在这儿就是装饰门面的
You're only here to keep us from getting subpoenaed.
你只管确保这里进行的谈话可以保密就好
No I'm here as their lawyer. You're working the images...
不,我是他们的律师,你管形象
And the images take precedent right now.
现在形象大于一切
Eli listen to me... He won't have a business unless he...
伊莱,听我... 他想继续做生意,就必须...
Nice to meet you Mr. Protopapas.
很高兴见到你
Dr. Farland was stopping by for lunch.
法兰德医生顺路过来吃午饭
But if you have any questions...
不过如果你有任何疑问...
Ms. Serrano could I speak with you?
塞拉诺女士,我能和你谈谈吗
This is really inappropriate. We were having lunch.
这非常不合适,我们在吃午饭,
It's been on the books for weeks.
这是早就约好了的
I am not listening to any evidence off the record ma'am.
女士,我不会听任何记录以外的证据
And I am not offering any. I'm standing on the record.
我并没有啊,我根据的都是记录在案的
So is the plaintiff.
原告也是
And they offer a convincing case.
他们提供了很有说服力的论据
An easilyrefuted case.
是很容易被推翻的论据
Mrs. Reeves is responsible for her own condition.
里夫斯夫人应为她自己的状况负责
How do you figure?
你怎么知道
Deposition 200 page 14.
证词第200条,14页
It's so key I know it from memory.
这条特关键,我都能背过
Question: If there's nothing wrong with your device Doctor "
问:医生,如果你的设备没问题,"
how did it malfunction?"
怎么会出故障呢"
It didn't malfunction.
它没出故障
Even the best SCSs
即使是最好的脊髓电刺激器
are prone to lead migration.
也可能会出现导线移位
And a lead is...?
意思是?
Oh sorry.
抱歉
When the electrical leads don't stay where intended.
如果电导线没有待在应待的地方
It's usually not serious
一般不很严重
but in the case of Maggie it became quite serious
在玛姬的个案中,却变得非常严重
because the problem went undetected for so long.
因为问题很长时间都没被发现
That's what caused the infection
所以引起感染
which caused the permanent damage to her spine.
而感染又对她的脊柱造成了永久性损害
And why did it go undetected?
为何一直没发现
Well I prescribed hydromorphone for any topical pain from the surgery
对于术后局部疼痛的患者,我会给开氢吗啡酮
but Mrs. Reeves I'm sorry to say this
但是里夫斯太太,我很抱歉这么说
but she continued to use the painkiller long afterward.
她此后很长时间一直继续使用这种止痛药
So if Mrs. Reeves hadn't overmedicated herself
那么如果里夫斯太太没有过度用药
she would have noticed the infection
她就会注意到感染问题
and come to you for her SCS adjustment?
并且来找你调整她的脊髓电刺激器了?
Yes.
是的
I'm sorry Mrs. Reeves
我很抱歉,里夫斯太太
but it's true.
但这是事实
Oh come on.
算了吧
Why not blame the victim for having pain in the first place?
干脆怪罪受害人的疼痛本身算了
Yes but is it true?
是,但这是真的吗
The device malfunctioned the pain returned.
设备出了故障,她又开始疼痛
Only then did Maggie take the painkillers.
她这才开始吃止疼药
Celeste reverses it so she can make it
莎丽斯特本末倒置,使得看起来就好像
seem like the painkillers caused the problem.
是止疼药引起了问题
If I can get her up to eight million will you say yes?
如果我让她抬到800万,你们会同意吗
Is she offering eight million?
她提出800万了吗
Will you accept it?
你们会接受吗
If you're asking for our bottom line then no.
如果你是在问我们的底线,那么不
We can't give you our bottom line
我们不能给你底线
or they'll use it against us.
否则他们会利用这个对付我们
Where's Kalinda?
凯琳达在哪儿
I thought she was looking into their bottom line.
我以为她在探他们的底线呢
I'll call. Where are you going?
我给她打个电话,你去哪儿
To meet a reporter.
去见个记者
Tonight school officials are reassuring parents
今晚,校方向家长保证
that all cheese has been removed from the school lunch menu
就目前而言,学校的午餐已经
for the time being.
把所有的奶酪撤掉
It's not yet clear whether cheese at neighboring schools
现在还不清楚此地区附近的学校
and stores in the area may also be tainted.
和商店的奶酪是否也受到了污染
Grace!
格蕾丝
Stop eating the pizza!
别吃披萨了
Really?
当真
You were the bad one?
当年你是坏孩子?
Well yeah I was.
是的
Don't I seem like I was the bad one?
难道我看起来不像吗
So in what way bad?
那么,怎么坏法呢
Mm no you don't want to hear this.
不,你还是不知道的好
No I do want to hear this.
不,我确实想知道
Ecstasy.
嗑摇头丸
Driving my car into a lake stealing stuff juvie.
把车开到湖里,偷东西,少管所
And Mom?
妈妈呢
She was perfect.
她很完美
Homework done room clean never did drugs.
按时作业,清扫房间,从不吸毒
Never did anything.
绝不逾矩半步
She's still like that.
她现在还是老样子
She was a good sister.
她是个好姐姐
Always covering for me.
总是保护我
You guys have a good mom.
你们俩有个好妈妈
Grace's tutor.
格雷斯的家教在这里
Hello! Hello. Can we turn it down?
嗨,能把音量调小点吗
Sorry.
抱歉
We're almost done.
我们快好了
So you're the uh the tutor?
你是她的家教吗
Uhhuh.
是的
What subject?
教什么科目
Uh physics.
物理
And just science.
和理科相关的
Really?
是吗
Where do you go to school?
你在哪里上学
Uh U of C.
芝加哥大学
And um...
那...
What's this?
这是什么
We're making a video.
我们在做视频
We're done with all my homework.
作业已经做完了
Uhhuh. Got it.
知道了
Understood.
我懂的
Oh my God.
我的老天
Pretty...
这些动作...
provocative stuff.
非常挑逗
It's just street dancing.
只是街舞罢了
Yeah just freestyle.
是的,自由奔放
Dad slept with somebody else.
我爸还和别的人上过床
Dad. He slept with someone other than the hooker.
我爸,除了那个妓女,他还和别人上过床
He...
他...
How do we know?
你是怎么知道的
He told me.
他告诉我的
That's why Mom kicked him out.
这是我妈把他赶出去的原因
You didn't know that?
你不知道吗
I didn't know that.
我不知道
What are they saying?
他们怎么说
They think it was an improper cleaning of the culture vats in Line Six.
他们认为是6号生产线上的发酵缸清洁不当
You sound like you don't agree.
听上去你不同意这说法
Well I clean Line Six with peroxyacetic acid
每次发酵结束,我都用
and quaternary ammonium after every culture.
过氧乙酸和季铵为六号生产线消毒
They're not gonna find listeria there.
他们不可能再那里检测到利斯特菌
Where else could listeria come from?
利斯特菌还可能来自哪里
We keep these units accurate to one degree either way.
我们将这些设备精确调整到同一温度
I don't think it was a refrigeration problem.
我认为不是冷藏的问题
So what do you think?
那你觉得是什么问题
I think it used to be an easy job to find the source.
搁在以前,找问题缘由很轻松
Now you got some of these cheeses
但如今这些奶酪
they're a blend of three or four lines from three or four companies.
是经过三四家公司的三四条生产线,生产出的
So all I can say is good luck.
我能说的就只有祝你好运了
Damn. Are you sure?
该死,你确定吗
Uh Eli you know this is a good thing right?
伊莱,你不觉得这是好消息吗
It looks like your client isn't responsible for the listeria.
看上去你的委托人不必为利斯特菌负责了
Kalinda this is not the law.
凯琳达,这可不是打官司
I'm not looking for innocence I'm looking for certainty.
我要的不是无罪判决,而是确定性
The whole point is to bury this story with an apology
事情关键就是,用道歉结束这次事件
then move on.
然后翻过这一页
So you want our guy to be guilty?
那么,你希望责任在他?
No I want it to be over.
不,我想让这事结束
I don't want to train another CEO
我可不想明天再教其它公司的CEO
from some other company tomorrow to take the blame.
怎么承担过错
He can't say this. He has to say it.
他不能这么说,他必须这么说,
No he can say "I offer my deepest
不,他该说,"我对这些受害家庭
sincerest sympathies to the families."
深表同情"
And "I'm doing everything I can
然后,"我正在尽我所能地
to trace the source of our missteps." No.
追查我们发生过失的原因"不行,
"The source of the outbreak...
应该是"食物中毒爆发的原因"
Really? Really Diane?
真要这样吗,戴安
He can't say anything that sounds like an admission...
他不能说任何听上去像认罪的话
Really?
真的吗
I am doing everything I can
我正在尽我所能地
to trace the source of the outbreak.
追查食物中毒爆发的原因
Heather Farms is committed to finding the root of this...
欧石南庄园正致力于找出这起事故根源...
So why should I hold your story?
我为什么要压住这个消息
Well the Scotch for one.
第一我送了你苏格兰威士忌
And because it's not true.
第二那个消息不是真的
It's not true that Dr. Farland's being investigated?
法兰德医生被调查这事,是假的?
No it's not true the investigation is going Farland's way.
调查结果对法兰德有利,这是假的
And you know this how?
你是怎么知道这个的
I know this because I can see who has an agenda.
因为我知道谁有动机
In this case the defense. Heads up.
也就是被告方,当心,
Why should I care?
我为什么要在乎这个
Because I can make you care.
因为我会让你在乎的
Okay.
说来听听
I'll give you complete back channel on the case.
我会提供你这件案子的完全内幕
Uh as pulseracing as that is
虽然这很令人动心
get me back channel on this.
但我要这个的内幕
Your computer?
你的电脑吗
Mm no the cheese thing.
不是,是奶酪事件
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
The listeria outbreak.
利斯特菌大爆发
All the sick kids some were hospitalized...
那么多孩子中毒,还有些住院了...
Eli Gold is part of your firm right?
伊莱·戈德是你们律所的吧
I'll delay my story
我会延迟报道发表
you get me the back channel ticktock on the crisis managing.
你要给我这次危机管理的详细内幕
I'll have to talk to Eli.
我得和伊莱谈谈
Well then it wouldn't be a back channel would it?
那就不是内幕了,不是吗
Get me something behind the scenes.
给我一些幕后的消息
Let me see what I can do.
我会尽力
Oh and by the way uh
还有
it's not the FDA investigation that's concluding.
这事并不是食品药物管理局的调查结果说的
What do you mean?
什么意思
The call I got was about the State's Attorney.
我接到的电话是关于州检察官的
Turns out
结果是
they decided not to bring fraud charges against Dr. Farland.
他们决定不以欺诈罪名指控法兰德医生
May I help you?
有什么我可以帮你的吗
You may.
有,
I need information about a fraud investigation.
我需要关于某桩欺诈案调查的信息
Are you sure?
你确定吗
Am I sure I have nothing to offer you about our fraud investigation? I am.
我是否确定提供不了欺诈案调查的信息?对
We just need to know if this leak to Gretchen Battista
我们只想知道泄露给格雷琴·巴蒂斯塔的
was faked Cary that's all.
这消息是否为假,凯里,就这些
And if it was then we need to get her to hold her story.
如果是假的,我们就得让她压住这消息
I understand.
我明白
I still have nothing.
可是我还是没有信息
How have you been?
最近过得好吗
Oh come on.
得了吧
Kalinda you can fake somebody else but you can't fake me.
凯琳达,你可以骗过其他人却骗不了我
What am I faking?
我在假装什么
Interest concern friendship.
假装对我感兴趣,关心我,和我是朋友
And what if I'm not?
要是我没在装呢
Then let's be friends.
那我们就成朋友了
But I still don't have anything for you
但是关于这起欺诈案调查
about this fraud investigation.
我还是没有东西能提供给你
Check with Matan; it's his case.
去找马坦吧,这是他的案子
Hmm he's no use.
不,他没什么用
Because he doesn't want to sleep with you?
因为他不想和你上床吗
But you do?
但是你想是吗
I'm merely making an observation.
我只是在评论一件事
And what observation might that be?
什么评论
You tend to use people's feelings to further your investigations.
你会利用别人的感情,帮助自己的调查
You think that's what I did with you?
你觉得我这么对你了吗
I think I have to get back to work.
我想我该工作了
Cary whatever I felt I didn't invent.
凯里,我对你从没有伪装什么
That's great to know Kalinda.
很高兴知道这点,凯琳达
Now I have to get back to work and I think you do too.
现在我要继续工作了,你应该也是
Yeah.
好的
The CEO questioned the need to recall all cheese products
这位CEO驳称,回收所有奶酪制品并不必要
suggesting that the listeria victims themselves
同时暗示食物中毒的起因
could have been responsible for the sickness.
可能在受害者自己
I don't know that much about it at this point
现在我还不知道详细情况
but II would love to know what else those kids were eating
但我希望知道孩子们还吃过什么
because I don't think it's just the cheese.
因为我认为不会只吃了奶酪
Excuse me.
借过
Look I think it's a little premature at this point...
我认为现在谈这些为时过早
What the hell?
搞什么鬼啊
What the hell?!
你搞什么鬼
What did you say?
你说了什么
What did you say?
你说了什么
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
II said exactly what you told me...
我完全是按照你说的...
"I don't know enough but what else did these kids eat"?
"我还不太清楚,但孩子们还吃过什么"?
You know what you do when you don't know enough?
你知不知道,自己不懂的话,应该怎么做
You shut the hell up.
就是闭上自己的臭嘴
I didn't say that.
我没那样说
With a garbage bag in your hand?
手里还拿了个垃圾袋
What are you Chico and the Man?
你想当小丑吗
Oh that that was in the morning before I met you.
那是早晨的事,当时我还没见你
The press was in front of my house.
记者都围在我家门口
They're playing it like you just said it.
他们播得就像你是才说的
They can't do that.
他们不能这样
Oh where do you live Fairyland?
活得现实点吧
Of course they can do that.
他们当然能这样
Okay Eli what now?
好了,伊莱,现在怎么办
Well he's burned as a spokesman.
他的形象已经毁了
You're going to have to get
你得迅速把
all the cheese off all the shelves in Illinois.
伊利诺伊所有奶酪全都撤架
No I don't think that's possible.
我认为这是不可能的
He just blamed the victim. It just became possible.
他对受害者的指责,让这成为可能了
Owen thank you so much.
欧文,太感谢了
I've been in mediation all day couldn't get away.
我整天都在参加调解,抽不了身
How are the kids?
孩子们怎么样
Good.
很好
Grace is bonding with a shy dance teacher
格蕾丝和一个羞嗒嗒爱跳舞的家教黏在一起
and Peter told Zach that he slept with another woman.
彼得告诉扎克他和另一个女人上过床
What?
什么
Oh Grace is bonding with a...
格蕾丝和那个...
No what did Peter say?
不是这个,彼得说了什么
Oh yeah he told Zach your son that he Peter
他告诉扎克,你儿子,他,彼得
was at fault for you kicking him out
之所以被你踢出家门
'cause he slept with somebody else
是因为他和其他人有染,
and so now I'm wondering who that somebody else was.
所以现在我很好奇那个人是谁
Zach told you this? He did.
这是扎克告诉你的? 没错,
And what did Zach say to him?
那扎克怎么回答他的
To Pe nothing.
回答彼...没说什么
I think he just took it in.
估计他就是听在心里了
So who who is it?
那个人是谁
I have to go back to work. Come on
我得回去工作了,拜托,
Alicia work is like this new avoidance tactic for you.
艾丽西娅,你永远都拿工作当借口
Is Zach all right?
扎克没事吧
Zach's fine.
他没事
Zach... he's he's wondering how you are.
扎克在担心你怎么样
How... how are you?
你还好吗
I've got to get back to work.
我得去工作了
There you are.
你来了
Kuhn?
库恩(一种纸牌游戏)
Yep I think you were up by 32 last time we played.
我记得上次你赢了32
Nine years ago?
9年前吗
That's right you always hated my memory thing.
没错,你老是嫌我记性太好
One Cheerio ante?
赌一颗爆米球?
Two inflation.
两颗,通货膨胀了
So I heard you got married.
听说你结婚了
Twice.
两次
Heard you didn't.
听说你没结婚
You were always bad at bluffing.
你还是不怎么会唬人
Who's the lady friend?
你那位女朋友是谁
The...? The lawyer.
哪位... 那个律师,
I get a strong possessive sense there.
我能感受到那股强烈的占有欲
You're not going to say?
你不坦白交代吗
I say either way you'll use it in negotiations.
不管我怎么说,你都会拿来当谈判筹码的
Call.
跟,
So how do you know Gretchen?
你怎么认识格雷琴的
Gretchen?
格雷琴?
The reporter. Through your firm?
那个记者,通过律所?
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Hmm so are we gonna play cards all night
我们是要玩一晚上的牌
or are we gonna negotiate?
还是进行谈判
How about both?
同时进行如何
You lose this hand
这把你要是输了
you convince your client to take my deal.
你就说服你的委托人接受我的条件
I lose this hand
要是我输了
I convince my client to take your deal.
我就说服我的委托人接受你的条件
What deal?
条件是什么
$10 million.
1000万偿金,
And if I lose?
我输了呢
She takes $500000.
50万
So that's your bottom line huh $10 million?
所以1000万是你们的底线?
I miss you Will I really do.
我很想你,威尔,真的
Why did you drop out?
你当时为什么放弃了
I didn't.
我没有
Moved on.
我前进了
To...?
然后...
Adulthood.
变成成年人了
As I remember we did some pretty adult things ourselves.
我记得我们做过不少成年人的事情
Come on one bet.
来吧,一局定胜负
We settle this like adults.
像成年人一样解决问题
No mediator.
面对面
Your lady friend will be so impressed
如果你拿着1000万出现在她门口
when you show up at her door with $10 million in your hand.
你女朋友一定会喜出望外的
No thanks.
不了,谢谢
Oh come on.
拜托
Where's the old Will?
以前的威尔哪里去了
Embrace the risk.
孤注一掷嘛
No thanks.
不了,谢谢
Wuss.
没种
Too bad you would have won.
真不幸,你本来能赢的
Anything?
有进展吗
They want to pay $500000
他们想的是50万
but they're willing to go to $10 million.
但他们的底线可以接受1000万
You're kidding? Nope.
你开玩笑吧,没,
We were willing to take $5 million.
我们原本500万都能接受
The only bad news is I don't think she planted
唯一的坏消息是,格雷琴的消息
the story with Gretchen
不是从她那儿来的
but I can't tell.
但我无法确定
She's a good bluffer.
她很会虚张声势
Anything else?
还有其它的吗
Yeah she's gonna try to play you.
有,她打算从你入手
In what way?
怎么打算的
Jealousy.
让你吃醋
Using your past?
用你的过去?
To what end? Rattle you
目的呢,激怒你,
get you to admit the bottom line just for the kick of it.
让你说出底线,满足她的好胜心
So you and her huh?
你和她是吧
Two years.
两年
I just don't see it.
真看不出来
I was a different person.
我变化很大
And she's the same? Oh yeah.
她还是老样子? 是的,
Well...
那么...
What if I play jealous...
我是不是应该假装吃醋
...for the mediator?
演给调解员看呢,
Maybe you should.
也许可以
Tantric sex.
养性健身术
No sex sex.
不,直接性就好
No no tantric sex.
不不,养性健身术
You have to eschew frictional orgasm
我们要克制肉体高潮
for a higher form of ecstasy.
追求更高层次的享受
No can't we have a little frictional orgasm?
就来一点点肉体高潮好不好
We don't touch we don't undress.
我们不摸,不脱
We talk about our childhoods
我们可以聊聊各自的童年
anything but sex.
除了性,什么都行
Delaying gratification is to increase gratification.
迟些性满足,会带来更大的性满足
Yeah but I've spent the last three hours doing laundry
没错,但我这3个小时一直在洗衣服
and the kids are gonna be home in a couple of hours
而孩子们几小时后就要回来了
so I don't really have time for delayed gratification.
所以我真的没有时间迟些性满足
They're home early.
他们提早回来了
Oh Owen.
欧文
Hello. What a surprise.
你好,吓了我一跳
Uh how are you?
你好吗
Jackie how... funny.
杰姬,这么巧啊
Yes so Peter asked me to pick up Zach and Grace.
彼得叫我来接扎克和格蕾丝
I hope you don't mind I have my old key.
希望你别介意,我有这里的钥匙
Oh hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
My name is Finn.
我叫芬恩
Uh Finn's a friend of mine from school.
芬恩是我在学校的朋友
Jackie you're a little early.
杰姬,你来得有点早
Yes well I thought I'd clean up.
是,我是想来打扫打扫
It always gets so messy here.
这里总是很乱
But um why don't I come back later?
但,我还是待会再来吧
No no sit down talk with us.
别,坐下来和我们聊聊
You must have incredible stories to tell about your life.
你这个岁数,一定有许多精彩绝伦的经历
Finn Jackie's early.
芬恩,杰姬来早了
She needs to go.
她得走了
No no thithis is a perfect moment for us to learn about her past.
不用,这正是我们了解她过去的好时机
Tell us about your childhood.
给我们讲讲你的童年
My childhood?
我的童年?
Yes.
是的
Where should I start?
该从哪说起呢
Chicago was very different when I was a girl.
我少女时代的芝加哥和现在非常不同
No mommy will help you.
不,妈妈会帮你
No Mommy will.
她会的
I have to go.
我得挂了
Goodbye.
再见
Kids?
孩子?
Boy and girl.
一个儿子一个女儿
You think this mediation is hard?
调解和那俩小鬼头比根本不算什么
I'm really sorry about all of this.
真抱歉让你这么为难
Hey they're all tough.
这种案子都不好搞
We just have to remain human.
但是,我们良知不能丢
How do we do that?
这该怎么做
Find a box for this
把事情搞定
and keep it in that box.
别再往下了
Thank you.
谢谢
No change that you're gonna find
我们是不会再让步了
We are not paying a cent above her medical bills.
除了她的医药费,我们多一分都不会付的
Then let's go to court.
那就法庭上见
You failed Will.
你失败了,威尔
Just face the fact. Okay stop.
面对现实吧,都打住,
How did I...?
我怎么会...
The point of bringing you two together is to talk not to shout.
让你俩面对面是为了交谈的,而不是吵架
I know what it looks like when he fails
他每次失败的作风我是清楚的
and he is failing.
这次他输定了
Alicia talk to him.
艾丽西娅,劝劝他
Excuse me?
你说什么
I'm just saying Will and I talked last night...
我只是说,威尔和我昨晚谈过了
Celeste... What?
莎丽斯特,怎么,
And we were trying to negotiate a deal
我们试图把条件谈妥
but clearly his ego got in the way
但很明显他的自负导致我们谈不成
and I used to be able to talk to him.
我以前能和他谈话的
I can't talk to him now
但现在我和他说不清楚了
so you'll have to talk to him. Celeste what are you doing?
所以你得劝劝他,莎丽斯特,你在干什么,
I'm talking to her.
我就是和她说说
I'm just saying that Will and I got together
我只是说,以前威尔和我在一起
we had a productive session that's all
是富有成效的,就这样
and I was thinking we should do that again.
我本觉得,应该再次好好合作
Okay I think we've taken a turn towards the personal
我觉得事态开始转向私人恩怨了
and what I think we should maybe...
我觉得我们应该...
Excuse me.
失陪了
Okay you want to be productive?
你想富有成效是吧
Let's be productive.
那咱就来富有成效一把
You already tried the blamethevictim defense
你们已经试过虚构受害者过量服用止痛药
with your painkiller O.D. Fiction.
来为自己辩解
That didn't work. Who's saying it didn't work?
没有奏效,谁说没奏效,
I am.
我说的
Well we'll prove the opposite in court.
那我们就在法庭上证明你错了
No you won't.
你证明不了
I know the judge. He won't allow it.
我了解那法官,他不会许可的
So maybe you should raise.
也许你该提高赔偿金
Jason Doyle.
杰森·多伊尔
Zuggler Med project manager.
祖格勒制药公司的项目经理
Deposition 207 page 13.
证词第207条,第13页
What's this? The backup plan?
又在搞什么,你们的B计划吗
"Question: So you believe you were within your rights "
问:那么你坚信你有权利,
"to manufacture this SCS device
制造这个脊髓电刺激器设备,
"and Dr. Farland was within his rights
法兰德医生有权,
to implant it in his patient""
为其病人植入此设备"
Of course.
当然
According to the FDA's own rules.
这符合食品药物管理局自己的规定
But Mr. Gardner seemed to imply
但加德纳先生
that Dr. Farland was Josef Mengele.
似乎将法兰德医生,比作了约瑟夫·门格勒,
Josef...?
约瑟夫
The...
那个...
That's okay.
没关系
FDA rules say
食品药物管理局规定
that you were within your rights to manufacture this device correct?
你们有权利制造此设备,对吗
Yes. They allow manufacturers like ourselves to decide
是的,他们允许我们这些制造商
which devices need to be submitted to them for approval.
决定哪些设备需要申报许可
And if a new device is merely a minor modification
如果一个新设备只是进行了小改进
then according to FDA guidelines
根据食品药物管理局的准则
it doesn't need approval.
不需要申请许可
Ms. Serrano's reading is surprisingly selective.
塞拉诺女士可真会选择性阅读
Why don't you keep going?
怎么不继续读下去
What is this?
这是什么
That? It's a BR1. It's a spinal cord stimulator.
这是BR1是一种脊髓电刺激器
And this is FDA approved?
获得食药局的许可了吗
Yes.
是的
And you claim that Dr. Farland's SCS
而你声称,法兰德医生的脊髓电刺激器
is a minor modification of this?
只是这一款的小改进?
Yes. That's why we didn't need to submit it to them for approval.
是的,所以我们无需申报许可
So then what is this?
那么,这个又是什么
That's Dr. Farland's SCS.
这个是法兰德医生的脊髓电刺激器
So you're saying
所以,你是说
that this is a minor modification of this?
这个只是这个的小改进?
Ira you can't judge these with a layman's eye.
艾勒,你作为门外汉不能任意评断
Medical professionals
为法兰德医生
who manufactured Dr. Farland's device concluded
制造这个仪器的医学专家
that these two devices were similar.
认定这两个仪器是相似的
These two?
这两个吗
Yes.
是的
In fact I anticipated
事实上,我料到
Mr. Gardner's bringing this issue up again
加德纳先生会再提到这件事
so I had a study done
所以我邀请享誉盛名的
by the respected Benzor Labs in Quantico Virginia.
弗吉尼亚匡提科本佐尔实验室进行了研究
What's it say?
上面怎么说的
That it's a minor modification.
说它的确是小改进
The mediator's on our side.
调解员站在我们这边
Yup. Nice job by the way but
是,得说一句,干得漂亮
he still was impressed by this.
不过,他还是被这个打动了
Okay so we have to get someone to say it was vastly modified.
好,那么我们得找人来证明它们相差巨大
We need Kalinda.
我们得找凯琳达
I want to repeat this is only a precaution.
我要重复声明,这只是防范未然
We are removing all Karpwell cheese from circulation.
我们将把所有卡普威尔奶酪下架
Yeah. Gretchen I'm kind of busy right now. What do you need?
格雷琴,我现在很忙,有何贵干
So you're the man behind the cheese
你才是奶酪背后的男人
Eli is that right?
伊莱,是这样吧
I'm the...
我是
Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
An unnamed source.
一个匿名的信息源
And what else did this unnamed source tell you?
那个匿名的信息源还告诉了你什么
He said you're crisis managing for the listeria outbreak
他说你负责利斯特菌爆发的危机管理
and that you investigated Heather Farms
你调查了欧石南庄园
and the outbreak's not from there.
爆发源不在那里
...the political revival
帮助曾受丑闻困扰的,
of scandalplagued State's Attorney Peter Florrick.
州检察官彼得·福瑞克东山再起
He is also known for being a tough infighter.
他还以擅于政治角斗而着称
Though never confirmed Eli Gold was also thought
尽管未经证实,但普遍认为伊莱·戈德
to be the architect of an ugly racial attack on his opponent.
还是对对手进行种族主义恶毒攻击的策划者
So why is this wholesome brand hiring a spin doctor
那么,为什么这个符合卫生标准的品牌
known for rehabilitating scandalized politicians?
要雇用一个帮扶丑闻政客的政治化妆师呢
Are you there Eli?
还在吗,伊莱
Hello.
在吗
Eli Gold...
伊莱·戈德
Any comment?
有何评论
...one of the first political campaign managers
...首先知晓媒体力量的,
to understand the power of social media...
竞选经理之一
I'm not part of the story.
这新闻没我的事
Oh. I'm sorry Eli.
对不起,伊莱
You just became part of the story.
你已经牵扯进来了
So pull up a chair.
找个凳子坐稳了
...makes him a highly sought after crisis manager...
...使他成为炙手可热的危机管理专家...
It's not all bad Eli.
这并不全是坏事,伊莱
It is all bad.
糟透了
You become the story
你上新闻
it deflects from your client's guilt.
可将视线从客户的罪责上转移开来
I become the story it makes my clients look guiltier.
而我上新闻,则让我的客户看起来罪加一等
Who leaked it Diane?
戴安,是谁泄密的
Eli it's a fool's game to look for a leaker.
伊莱,找泄密者毫无意义
Gretchen knew we checked Heather Farms.
格雷琴知道我们查过欧石南庄园
She knew it was clean.
她知道那家工厂没问题
I told two people about that you
我只告诉过两个人,你和凯琳达
and Kalinda but Gretchen said the leaker was a he.
但格雷琴说告密者是个男的
Did you tell Will?
你告诉过威尔吗
Oh he went to the kids' vigil.
他去为孩子们祷告了
I thought you said he was burned.
你不是说他形象已经毁了吗
He was.
是的
You're changing the subjec
你在转变话题
I am. So you tried to unburn him?
是的,于是,你要挽回他的形象?
You haven't seen this yet?
你还没看过这个吧
Oh my God.
天哪
It's wonderful isn't it?
太棒了,不是吗
People love humility.
人们喜欢谦卑的人
Tony Hayward needed a pie in the face.
托尼·海沃德需要的,就是一张馅饼砸在脸上
You didn't.
不是你干的吧
Oh set it up? No. That was just luck.
我安排的吗,不,是走运了
I thought he'd just get booed.
我还以为,他也就挨挨嘘呢
I'm proud to be here today.
今天能来这里,是我的荣幸
I don't care in what condition.
不管情况如何
Among those attending the prayer service
欧石南庄园公司的CEO沃尔特·科纳米
was the CEO of Heather Farms Walter Kermani.
也来参加了祷告
I'm good at my job Diane
戴安,我对自己的工作很在行
but I can't have leakers.
但是我不能允许有泄密者
It's unprofessional.
这很不职业
Will didn't leak.
威尔没有泄密
So you're here to give up.
你是来投降的
Ten million and we won't accept a penny less.
1000万,少一分都不行
Really?
真的吗
You and your lawyer friend cook something up?
你和你的那个律师朋友,编出故事来啦
It didn't work for you to blame the painkiller.
你把责任推给止痛药,没有奏效
It didn't work for you to blame the victim
把责任推给受害者,没有奏效
so minor modification.
只能在"小改进"上做文章
That's what your case rests on now.
这是你们现在的依靠
Dr. Farland's SCS is merely a minor modification
法兰德医生的脊髓电刺激器
of existing SCSs.
只是对原有仪器的小改进
Have some pastrami Will.
威尔,吃些熏牛肉片吧
Let's leave all this boring medical talk behind.
暂时不要讨论无聊的医学话题了
The problem is medicine is a lot like politics.
问题是,医学就像是政治
And all we had to do was follow the money.
我们所要做的就是追逐金钱
She never was jealous was she?
她根本没有吃醋,对吧
Your lawyer friend.
你的那个律师朋友
That was all a piece of playacting?
那只是在演戏吧
Dr. Farland your man of healing
法兰德医生,你们的白衣天使
invented an SCS to make money.
为了赚钱发明了一种脊髓电刺激器
30% on every device implanted.
每植入一个,都有三成利润,
Oh. Sorry. Sorry.
对不起
Who was that? Kalinda.
这位是谁,凯琳达,
Here's a copy for you.
这份给你
What is this?
这是什么
Farland's patent application.
法兰德的专利申请书
Yeah I know.
我知道
It's a good read though.
写得很好
The problem for you is
你的麻烦是
Dr. Farland had to insist on its originality.
法兰德在申请书里强调了仪器的独创性
I get it.
我懂你的意思
You don't have to lord it over me.
你不用再对我逞威风了
No I won so you have to listen.
不,我赢了,所以你得好好听着
Dr. Farland had to insist on the originality
法兰德医生必须强调仪器的独创性
of his device to file a patent.
才能申请专利
"This SCS is a truly original development "
这个脊髓电刺激器,
"in severe back pain management.
不是对现行市场上其它产品的,
It is not a mere modification."
小幅改进"
How nice of him to use those words.
他用这些词真是太体贴了
"...of existing SCSs on the market.
"而是对治疗背部疼痛具有独创性的拓展,
"Therefore patent.." I can read.
因此,专利..." 我识字,
You're not going to be a sore loser are you?
你不会输不起吧
Eight million dollars.
800万美元
Ten. By today.
1000万,今天就要
No.
不,
Eight. That's more than you thought you'd get.
800万,已经比你预计的高了
I'll talk to my client.
我和客户谈谈
I need a new home.
我需要找一个新地方
You need a...? New home.
你需要... 新地方,
My firm is going under.
我的律所快不行了
Monty & Columbech?
MC律所?
Breaking up.
正在解体
Litigation's going one way acquisitions another.
诉讼部和并购部,分道扬镳了
How many in litigation?
诉讼部有多少人
Me. Eight other topflight lawyers.
我,还有其他8个顶级律师
We need a home.
我们要找个地方
I'll check with Diane.
我会和戴安商量的
I miss you.
我想你了
Ira?
艾勒
So it looks like we'll make a deal.
看来我们要谈成了
I heard.
我听说了
I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work.
辛苦了,谢谢你的付出
You don't have to thank me.
你不用谢我
I wasn't the one who played them.
我不是耍他们的人
We...
我们...
That's not why we won.
那不是我们胜出的原因
You won because of the facts.
你们赢了,是因为事实如此
You got your client rich
你们使客户获得巨额赔偿
because you played them... and me.
是因为你们耍了他们,还有我
That's not fair.
这么说不公平
It is fair.
很公道
It may not be polite but it is fair.
听起来很刺耳,但这是公道话
Don't worry about it.
不要为此烦心
If I needed a lawyer I'd probably hire you too.
如果我需要律师,我可能也会雇用你
Very nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你
Hey Mom.
妈妈
Just wanted to see how you were doing.
就是来看看你怎么样
How's your thing?
工作怎么样
It was good.
不错
I don't know.
我不知道
I go back and forth on work.
工作时好时坏
Same with Dad.
爸爸也一样
I want to do something very oldfashioned.
我要做一件非常老式的事情
I want to kiss you on the forehead.
我要吻你的额头
Is that all right?
可以吗
Sure.
当然可以
Tucking in is too much.
盖被子就免了
Right.
好吧
Sorry.
不好意思
Love you.
爱你
I'm getting boring.
我变得无聊了
Getting?
变得?
I'm serious.
我是认真的
I used to be... interesting.
我以前很有趣
I spent the entire day
如今我一整天
doing laundry and watching daytime TV.
都在洗衣服,还看日间电视
I saw the clothes.
我看到那些干净衣服了
Thank you.
谢谢你
I mean when did this happen?
什么时候开始变成这样了
You're the one out having sex with your boyfriend.
你成了那个出去和男友翻云覆雨的人
Owen... And I'm the one at home with the kids.
欧文,而我则成了在家带孩子的人,
And it's much appreciated.
我很感激你
Are you gonna get hurt by this guy?
你会被这家伙伤害吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I have no perspective.
我不能预测未来
You should have rebelled in high school.
你高中时应该多做些叛逆的事
Then you wouldn't have to do it now.
现在就不用再经历叛逆期了
Is that what this is rebellion?
这是因为叛逆吗
Or love.
或者是因为爱
It's not love is it?
不是因为爱,对吧
No.
不是
Good.
很好
'Cause that would make it very complicated.
如果是因为爱的话,那事情就复杂了,

重点单词   查看全部解释    
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
inappropriate [.inə'prəupriit]

想一想再看

adj. 不适当的,不相称的

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使确信,使信服,说服

联想记忆
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
deposition [.depə'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沉积物,沉积作用,免职,[律]宣誓作证,证言

联想记忆
covering ['kʌvəriŋ]

想一想再看

n. 覆盖物,遮避物 adj. 掩护的,掩盖的

 
fraud [frɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 骗子,欺骗,诈欺

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。