手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 影视学习 > 大风哥Wind带你看电影学英语 > 正文

第8期 生肉|《小妇人》

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

如您喜欢本栏目,想获得更多相关精品内容,可以在可可英语APP内搜索“看美剧《小谢尔顿》学英语”课程,让我们一起边看美剧,边提升自己的英语水平!


视频配套文本

Josephine. Yes?

乔瑟芬 什么事

Josephine. Yes? Here.

乔瑟芬 什么事 我在

Is there a reason you stopped reading Belsham?

你为什么不读波尔沙的书了

I'm sorry. I'll continue.

对不起 我继续读

You mind yourself, deary. Someday you'll need me

你留心点 宝贝 将来你会需要我的

and you'll wish you had behaved better.

到时候你会后悔当初怎么不表现好点

Thank you, Aunt March, for your employment

马奇姑妈 感谢你雇佣我

and your many kindnesses,

以及你的许多善举

but I intend to make my own way in the world.

但我打算自力更生

Well.

这个嘛

No. No one makes their own way.

没有人可以自力更生

Not really.

都算不上

Least of all, a woman. You'll need to marry well.

更不要说女人了 你得嫁给好人家

But you are not married, Aunt March.

但你就没嫁人 马奇姑妈

Well, that's because I'm rich.

那是因为我有钱

小妇人 300 240.jpg

And I made sure to keep hold of my money.

而且我还把钱握得牢牢的

Unlike your father.

不像你父亲

So the only way to be an unmarried woman is to be rich?

所以女人不结婚的唯一方法就是当有钱人吗

Yes. And there are precious few ways

对 而女人赚钱的

for women to make money. That's not true.

方法少得可怜 不对

You could run a cathouse.

可以去开妓院

Or go on the stage.

或者去当戏子

Practically the same thing.

基本上是一回事

Other than that, you're right.

除此之外 你说得对

Precious few ways for women.

女人赚钱的方法少得可怜

That's why you should heed me. Yeah, so I can get married.

所以你才应该听我的 是 好嫁出去

No. So you can live a better life than your poor mother has.

不 好让你比你可怜的母亲生活得更好

But Marmee loves her life.

但妈妈热爱她的生活

You don't know what she loves.

你才不知道她热爱什么

Your father cared more about educating freedmen's children

比起照顾家人 你父亲更关心

than he did about caring for his own family.

教育自由民的孩子们

Yes, but he was right.

是 但他是对的

It's possible to be right and foolish.

人有可能既是对的又愚蠢

I don't think so.

我不这么认为

You're not paid to think.

我不是花钱雇你来思考的

I know you don't care much about marriage now.

我知道你现在不想结婚

Can't say I blame you.

我也不怪你

But I intend to go to Europe one more time

但我想再去一次欧洲

and I need a companion,

而我需要一位伴游

so how would you like to be the person I take?

你想和我一起去吗

I'd like that more than anything.

我求之不得

All right, then read.

好 那就读吧

And don't sneak around.

别再溜走了

I don't like sneaks.

我不喜欢偷偷摸摸的人

欢迎关注微信公众号:甩掉字幕社群

重点单词   查看全部解释    
precious ['preʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 宝贵的,珍贵的,矫揉造作的
adv.

联想记忆
companion [kəm'pænjən]

想一想再看

n. 同伴,同事,成对物品之一,(船的)甲板间扶梯(或扶

联想记忆
intend [in'tend]

想一想再看

vt. 想要,计划,打算,意指

联想记忆
heed [hi:d]

想一想再看

n. 注意,留心
v. 注意,留心

联想记忆
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆


关键字: 电影 英语学习 生肉

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。