手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 福尔摩斯探案全集 > 福尔摩斯探案之血字的研究 > 正文

血字的研究(MP3+中英字幕) 第22期:警察栾斯的叙述(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
This conversation had occurred while our cab had been threading its way through a long succession of dingy streets and dreary byways.
在我们谈话的时候,车子不断地穿过昏暗的大街和凄凉的小巷。
In the dingiest and dreariest of them our driver suddenly came to a stand.
到了一条最肮脏、最荒凉的巷口,车夫突然把车停了下来。
"That's Audley Court in there," he said, pointing to a narrow slit in the line of dead-coloured brick.
"那边就是奥德利大院,"他指着一漆黑色砖墙之间的狭窄胡同说,
"You'll find me here when you come back."
"你们回来时到这里找我。"
Audley Court was not an attractive locality.
奥德利大院并不是一个雅观的所在。
The narrow passage led us into a quadrangle paved with flags and lined by sordid dwellings.
我们走过一条狭窄的小胡同,便来到一个方形大院,院内地面是用石板铺成的,四面有一些肮脏简陋的住房。
We picked our way among groups of dirty children,
我们穿过一群一群衣着肮脏的孩子,
and through lines of discoloured linen,
钻过一行行晒得褪了色的衣服,
until we came to Number 46, the door of which was decorated with a small slip of brass on which the name Rance was engraved.
最后来到46号。46号的门上钉着一个小铜牌,上面刻着“栾斯”字样。
On inquiry we found that the constable was in bed,
我们上前一问,才知道这位警察正在睡觉。
and we were shown into a little front parlour to await his coming.
我们便走进了前边一间小客厅里等他出来。

血字的研究

He appeared presently, looking a little irritable at being disturbed in his slumbers.

这位警察很快就出来了。由于被我们打搅了好梦,他有些不高兴。
"I made my report at the office," he said.
他说:"我已经在局里报告过了。"
Holmes took a half-sovereign from his pocket and played with it pensively.
福尔摩斯从衣袋里掏出一个半镑金币,若有所思地在手中玩弄着。
"We thought that we should like to hear it all from your own lips," he said.
他说:"我们想要请你从头到尾再亲口说一遍。"
"I shall be most happy to tell you anything I can," the constable answered, with his eyes upon the little golden disc.
这位警察两眼望着那个小金币回答说:"我很愿意把我所知道的一切奉告。"
"Just let us hear it all in your own way as it occurred."
"那么让我听一听事情发生的经过吧。你愿意怎样讲都可以。"
Rance sat down on the horsehair sofa, and knitted his brows,
栾斯在马毛呢的沙发上坐了下来,他皱起眉头,
as though determined not to omit anything in his narrative.
好象下定决心不使他的叙述中有任何遗漏。
"I'll tell it ye from the beginning," he said.
他说:"我把这事从头说起。
"My time is from ten at night to six in the morning.
我当班的时间是从晚上十点起到第二天早上六点。
At eleven there was a fight at the White Hart; but bar that all was quiet enough on the beat.
夜间十一点钟时,曾有人在白哈特街打架,除此以外,我巡逻的地区都很平静。
At one o'clock it began to rain,
夜里一点钟的时候,开始下起雨来。
and I met Harry Murcher–him who has the Holland Grove beat
这时我遇见了亥瑞·摩契,他是在荷兰树林区一带巡逻的。
and we stood together at the corner of Henrietta Street a-talkin'.
我们两个人就站在亨瑞埃塔街转角的地方聊天。
Presently–maybe about two or a little after
不久,大约在两点或两点稍过一点的时候,
I thought I would take a look round and see that all was right down the Brixton Road.
我想该转一遭了,看看布瑞克斯顿路是不是平静无事。
It was precious dirty and lonely.
这条路又泥泞又偏僻。
Not a soul did I meet all the way down, though a cab or two went past me.
一路上连个人影都没有,只有一两辆马车从我身旁驶过。
I was a-strollin' down, thinkin' between ourselves how uncommon handy a four of gin hot would be,
我慢慢溜跶着,一边寻思要有热酒喝它一盅多美。
when suddenly the glint of a light caught my eye in the window of that same house.
这时,忽见那座房子的窗口闪闪地射出灯光。
Now, I knew that them two houses in Lauriston Gardens was empty on account of him that owns them who won't have the drains seed to,
我知道劳瑞斯顿花园街的两所房子都是空着的,
though the very last tenant what lived in one of them died o' typhoid fever.
其中一所的最后一个房客得了伤寒病死了,可是房东还是不愿修理阴沟。
I was knocked all in a heap, therefore,
所以我一看到那个窗口有灯光,就吓了一大跳,
at seeing a light in the window, and I suspected as something was wrong.
疑心出了什么差错。
When I got to the door..."
等我走到屋门口..."
"You stopped, and then walked back to the garden gate," my companion interrupted.
"你就站住了,转身又走回小花园的门口,"我的同伴突然插嘴说,
"What did you do that for?" Rance gave a violent jump,
"你为什么要那样做呢?"栾斯吓得跳了起来,
and stared at Sherlock Holmes with the utmost amazement upon his features.
满脸惊讶,瞪着一双大眼睛瞧着福尔摩斯。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sordid ['sɔ:did]

想一想再看

adj. 肮脏的,破烂的,利欲薰心的,色彩暗淡的

联想记忆
companion [kəm'pænjən]

想一想再看

n. 同伴,同事,成对物品之一,(船的)甲板间扶梯(或扶

联想记忆
irritable ['iritəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 易怒的,急躁的 adj. 【医】过敏的,易感受

 
uncommon [ʌn'kɔmən]

想一想再看

adj. 不寻常的,不凡的,罕有的

联想记忆
engraved

想一想再看

adj. 被牢记的;被深深印入的 v. 雕刻(engra

 
determined [di'tə:mind]

想一想再看

adj. 坚毅的,下定决心的

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
attractive [ə'træktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有吸引力的,引起注意的

联想记忆
fever ['fi:və]

想一想再看

n. 发烧,发热,狂热
v. (使)发烧,(使

 
omit [əu'mit]

想一想再看

vt. 省略,删去,遗漏

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。