手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之游戏的力量:为什么把《小精灵》带到艺术博物馆(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I'm sure that all of you know Katamari Damacy.

我确信在座的各位都知道《块魂》,
It's about rolling a ball and picking up as many objects as you can in a finite amount of time
它是一种在有限的时间里滚动一个球,并抓住尽量多的物品的游戏,
and hopefully you'll be able to make it into a planet.
希望你将能使它成为一个星球。
I've never made it into a planet, but that's it.
我从没使它成为一个星球,但仅此而已。
Or, you know, Vib-Ribbon was not distributed here in the United States.
你们知道,《线条兔》并没有在美国发行,
It was a PlayStation game, but mostly for Japan.
它是一个PS游戏,但主要是在日本。
And it was one of the first video games in which you could choose your own music.
它是最早的电子游戏之一,游戏里你可以选用自己的音乐,
So you would put into the PlayStation, you would put your own CD,
你可以在PS机里放你自己的CD,
and then the game would change alongside your music. So really fantastic.
然后游戏就会随着你的音乐而改变。所以真是奇妙。
Not to mention Eve Online.
更不用说《星战前夜》了。
Eve Online is an artificial universe, if you wish,
如果你想的话,《星战前夜》是一个人造宇宙,
but one of the diplomats that was killed in Benghazi,
一位外交官在Benghazi被害,
not Ambassador Stevens, but one of his collaborators, was a really big shot in Eve Online,
不是Ambassador Stevens,而是他的合作者之一,在《星战前夜》里真是个大人物。
so here you have a diplomat in the real world
所以这里在现实世界中你有一个外交官,
that spends his time in Eve Online
他把自己的时间都花在玩《星战前夜》这个游戏上,
to kind of test, maybe, all of his ideas about diplomacy
可能有点考验他所有的想法关于外交?
and about universe-building, and to the point that
宇宙建设,到如此地步,
the first announcement of the bombing was actually given on Eve Online,
第一次宣布轰炸实际上是在《星战前夜》发出的。
and after his death, several parts of the universe
在他死后,
were named after him.
宇宙的几部分将以他的名字命名。
And I was just recently at the Eve Online fan festival in Reykjavik that was quite amazing.
我最近去了Reykjavik参加了《星战前夜》迷们的聚会,相当的令人惊叹。
I mean, we're talking about an experience that of course can seem weird to many,
我指,我们谈起某一次体验,当然在许多人看来可能会是怪异的,
but that is very educational.
但它是极有教育意义的。
Of course, there are games that are even more educational.
当然,有更加有教育意义的游戏。
Dwarf Fortress is like the holy grail of this kind of massive multiplayer online game,
《矮人要塞》就像这种大型多人在线游戏的圣杯。
and in fact the two Adams brothers were in Reykjavik,
事实上,Adams俩兄弟也在Reykjavik,
and they were greeted by a standing ovation by all the Eve Online fans.
迎接他们的是全场《星战前夜》迷们的起立鼓掌。
It was amazing to see. And it's a beautiful game.
看上去相当的神奇,其本身就是一个漂亮的游戏。
So you start seeing here that
你可以从这儿看起,
the aesthetics that are so important to a museum collection like MoMA's
对于像现代艺术博物馆这样的博物馆藏品来说,美学是十分重要的。
are kept alive also by the selection of these games.
选择这些游戏使美学依然有其影响。
And you know, Valve,you know, Portal,
你们知道,Valve开发的《传送门》,
is an example of a video game in which you have a certain type of violence
是电子游戏的一个例子。在游戏里你有某种暴力行为,
which also leads me to talk about one of the biggest issues that we had to discuss
这也导致我谈谈我们一定要讨论的其中一个最大的问题,
when we acquired the video games, what to do with violence.
当我们收购电子游戏时,该如何对待暴力呢?
Right? We had to make decisions.
是吧?我们必须做出一个决定。
At MoMA, interestingly, there's a lot of violence depicted in the art part of the collection,
有趣的是,在现代艺术博物馆,艺术部分的藏品描绘了许多暴力。
but when I came to MoMA 19 years ago, and as an Italian,
但是当我19年前来到现代艺术博物馆的时候,作为一个意大利人,
I said, "You know what, we need a Beretta."
我说,“你知道,我们需要一个枪支制造商。”
And I was told, "No. No guns in the design collection."
有人对我说,“不,设计收藏中没有枪支。”
And I was like, "Why?"
我就问,“为什么?”
Interestingly, I learned that it's considered that in design and in the design collection,
有趣的是,我才知道需要考虑在设计和设计收藏品中,
what you see is what you get.
你看到的就是你得到的。
So when you see a gun, it's an instrument for killing in the design collection.
当你看到一把枪的时候,它是一个设计收藏品中的杀人工具。
If it's in the art collection,
如果它在艺术收集品中,
it might be a critique of the killing instrument.
它可能是批判杀人工具。
So it's very interesting.
因此这是非常有趣的。
But we are acquiring our critical dimension also in design,
但是我们也从设计中得到批判性的视角,
so maybe one day we'll be able to acquire also the guns.
因此可能有一天,我们也将会收购手枪。
But here, in this particular case, we decided, you know, with Kate and Paul,
但是这里,在此个别情况下,我们和Kate,与Paul决定,
that we would have no gratuitous violence.
我们将摒弃无端的暴力。
So we have Portal because you shoot walls in order to create new spaces.
所以我们收藏了《传送门》,因为你们向墙壁射击是为了创造新的空间。
We have Street Fighter II, because martial arts are good.
我们收藏了《街头霸王 II》,因为武术是好的。
But we don't have GTA because, maybe it's my own reflection,
但我们没有收藏《侠盗猎车手》,因为可能是我自己的反思,
I've never been able to do anything but crashing cars and shooting prostitutes and pimps.
我从不会做任何事情除了撞毁汽车,枪击妓女及皮条客们。
So it was not very constructive.
所以它并不是非常有建设性的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
gratuitous [grə'tju:itəs]

想一想再看

adj. 免费的,无缘无故的

联想记忆
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
reflection [ri'flekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反映,映像,折射,沉思,影响

联想记忆
martial ['mɑ:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 军事的,战争的

联想记忆
critical ['kritikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的
a

 
constructive [kən'strʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 建设性的,构造上的,作图的

 
instrument ['instrumənt]

想一想再看

n. 乐器,工具,仪器,器械

联想记忆
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
ovation [əu'veiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 热烈欢迎,大喝采,大受欢迎

联想记忆
diplomat ['dipləmæt]

想一想再看

adj. 外交官,外交家 n. 外交家

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。