手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第6期:考恩桥学校(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

But I did not bring them home then;the school doctor said it was not necessary.

但是我没有把她们也接回家;学校的医生说用不着。
So I took Maria home across the cold,windy moors to Haworth.
于是我只带着玛丽亚穿过寒风呼啸的荒野回到霍沃斯。
I sat beside her in the coach and held her hand all the way.
一路上我在马车里坐在她身旁,握着她的手。
I remember how cold her hand was in mine.
我还记得她的手在我手心里是多么的冰凉啊。
Thin cold fingers,that did not move at all.
手指又细又凉,一动也不动。
It was too late to save her.
要挽救她的生命还是太晚了。
She lay in bed upstairs for nearly three months,but she was too ill to eat.
她在楼上的床上躺了近三个月,病得不能吃东西。
Her poor face was white,I remember,and it seemed thin and small like a dead child's.
我记得她那苍白的小脸看上去那么瘦小,像个死孩子一样。
Only her eyes looked alive-big dark eyes in a thin white face.
只有眼睛看上去还是活生生的--瘦削、苍白的脸上大大的黑眼睛。
'Don't cry,father,'she said to me once.' I shall be with mother soon,you know.And with God.
"别哭,爸爸。"有一次她对我说,"你知道,我很快就要和妈妈在一起了。和上帝在一起。"
I buried Maria beside her mother,and a month later I buried Elizabeth there,too.
我把玛丽亚埋在她妈妈的旁边。1个月以后我又掩埋了伊丽莎白,
She became ill at school,and a woman from the school brought her home.
她在学校生了病,被学校的一个女人送回了家。
I brought Charlotte and Emily home two weeks later.
两周后我把夏洛蒂和爱米丽接了回来。
They were here when Elizabeth died.
伊丽莎白死时她们都在家。
Her body lay all night in a wooden box on the table,and her little sisters and brother kissed her before she was buried.
她的尸体在桌上的木盒里放了整夜,下葬前她的小妹妹们和小弟弟亲吻了她。
I had wanted so much for these two girls,and now I had nothing.
我曾在这两个女孩子身上寄托了那么多希望,而现在我什么也没有了。
I stood in the church,and looked at the summer flowers I had put on their grave.
我站在教堂里看着我放在她们坟上的花儿。
I remembered how my wife had held the girls in her arms,and how she had smiled at me when we looked at them.
我还记得我妻子如何把她们搂在怀里,记得当我看着她们时,她们是如何地向我微笑着。
'They have come back to you now,Maria,'I said.' I am sorry. I am so sorry,my love.
"她们回到你身边了,玛丽亚。"我说,"对不起,真对不起,亲爱的。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
grave [greiv]

想一想再看

n. 坟墓,墓穴
adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。