手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第7期:小书(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

3 The little books

3 小书
I had four children now- Charlotte,Branwell,Emily and Anne.
现在我只剩下了4个孩子--夏洛蒂、布兰韦尔,爱米丽和安妮。
I did not send them to school again for many years.
有好几年我没把他们送到学校去。
God's ways are hard to understand,I thought.
我觉得上帝的做法不容易为人所理解。
Perhaps God was not pleased with me;
也许上帝对我不高兴,
perhaps He wanted Maria and Elizabeth for Himself.
也许他自己想要玛丽亚和伊丽莎白。
I decided to keep the others at home.
我决定把其他几个孩子留在家里,
Aunt Branwell could teach them,and I could help when I had time.
布兰韦尔姨妈能教他们,我有空的时候也能帮把手。
They were clever children,quick at learning.
他们都是很聪明的孩子,学得很快。
They loved to write and draw and paint,and they talked all day long.
他们喜欢写字、画画和涂涂画画,一天到晚地都在交谈。
And,thank God,they were not ill.
感谢上帝,他们没再生病。
In the afternoons,my servant,Tabby,took them for long walks on the moors behind the house.
下午,我们的用人泰比会带他们到屋后的荒野散步。
They walked for miles on the hilltops in the strong clean wind,alone with the birds and the sheep.
在清凉劲风中,他们在山顶上走好几英里,和那些鸟儿、羊儿们呆在一起。
I think it was good for them.
这对他们很有好处。
They grew stronger,and there was a bright light in their eyes.
他们长得结实些了,眼眸中熠熠闪光。
I was not the only sad father in Haworth.
在霍沃斯,我并不是唯一一个伤心的父亲,
Many,many children died,and I had to bury them all.
许多孩子都死了,都是由我来埋葬的。
The water in Haworth was bad,so many children died from illness.
霍沃斯的水很糟糕,很多孩子因此生病死去。
And many more died from accidents;I saw a hundred children die from fire.
还有更多的孩子死于意外。我见过上百个孩子被火烧死。
In my house,I was always very careful.
在自己家里我总是非常小心。
I had no curtains,no carpets,because I was afraid of fire.
我不挂窗帘,不铺地毯,因为我害怕火灾。
My children never wore cotton clothes,because they burn so easily.
我的孩子从不穿棉布衣服,那太容易着火了。
One day in 1826 I brought a box of toy soldiers home from Leeds.
1826年的一天我从商店买回一盒玩具兵,
Next morning the children began to play games with them.
第二天一早孩子们就开始玩起士兵的游戏。
'This one is mine!'Charlotte said.
"这个是我的!"夏洛蒂说,
'He's the Duke of Wellington!'
"他是惠灵顿公爵。"
'And this is mine!'said Branwell.
这个是我的!"布兰韦尔说,
'He's Napoleon Bonaparte!'
"他是拿破仑·波拿巴。"
The children liked the wooden soldiers and began to tell a story about them.
孩子们喜欢这些木头士兵,编起了他们的故事。
It was a very exciting story,I remember.
我记得那是个令人兴奋的故事。
They read it to me and Aunt Branwell and Tabby,our servant.
他们把故事念给我、布兰韦尔姨妈和用人泰比听。
The next day they invented another story,and then another.
第二天他们又编出了新的故事,然后又是另一个。
And then for several days the children were very quiet,and I wondered what they were doing.
后来的几天孩子们变得很安静。我很奇怪,不知道他们究竟在干什么。
I went upstairs,and opened their bedroom door.
我上了楼,推开他们卧室的门。
Inside,they were all busily writing or drawing on small pieces of paper.
屋内他们正忙着在纸上又写又画。
The wooden soldiers were in the middle of the room in front of them.
木头士兵就摆在他们面前屋子的中央。
'What are you doing?'I asked.
"你们在干什么?"我问道。
Emily looked up. 'Oh,father,please go away,'she said.
爱米丽抬起头说:"哦,爸爸,请走开!"
We're writing our secret books.
我们正在写要保密的书。
I suppose I looked sad.
我想我看起来有点难过。
'What? Can't I see them?'I asked.
"怎么,我不能看看吗?"我问。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。