And I started to follow much more the pleasure principle or the happiness principle and I said,
我开始遵循更多的愉悦原则 或者说快乐原则 于是我说:
OK, this is something that I really cared about.
好的 这才是我感兴趣的东西
For example, I don't know if this class is still offered now. Lit and Arts C14 "Heroes".
比如说 我不知道这门课还有没有 文学与艺术学院课程 C14 “英雄”
Still offered now? One of my favorite classes, as an undergrad.
还能报名吗 这是我本科时候最喜欢的课程
And it's not a very difficult class. I could do very well without putting too much in it.
而且这课程还不算太难 我完全可以不怎么努力也能取得好成绩
But I spent a 50 hours on final paper. Because I wrote about a topic that I really really cared about.
但是我在这科的期末论文上花了50个小时 因为我写的主题是我非常关心的
And I didn't get an A for it, which didn't make any sense to me. But I still put in so much work in it.
但是我没有得A 对我来说毫无道理 但我仍然在上面下了大工夫
Because it was fun, whereas other classes that I enjoyed less,
因为这实在是太有意思了 至于其它课程
I put in what I needed in order to get what I thought was enough.
我只投入了能让我得到足够成绩的时间
Not all or nothing. Either I study and get a straight A, or I don't study at all.
不是要么全部要么没有 不会说要么我就得A 要么我就不学习
Another class-I don't know if it's still taught-Lit and Arts again,
另一门课 我不知道这门课还有没有 还是“文学与艺术”
Fairy Tales? With Maria Tatar? She teaches another class now.
玛丽亚·塔塔尔教的“神话故事” 她现在上别的课了
I had a crush on her when I was an undergrad. I can't believe that I just said it loud.
我本科时看见她第一眼就爱上了她 真不敢相信我就这么说出来了
So yeah, she said no. Um no I didn't ask her. I didn't.
那么 她拒绝了 其实我没有问她
So also in that class-not a very difficult class. A very enjoyable class on many levels.
也是在那门课上 不算太难的课 在许多层次上来说非常享受的课
And again, putting a lot of work into a paper that there by the way ultimately began the to…
又一次 我花了许多时间在这篇 最终
became the topic of my dissertation on self-esteem.
成为一篇以自尊为主题的专题论文之上