手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第923期:权力的游戏珊莎(10)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

A woman’s life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you’ll learn that soon enough …

女人的生命九分脏乱,一分神奇,你很快就会知道……

and the parts that look like magic often turn out to be messiest of all.”

而表面上神奇的部分往往最为脏乱。”

She took a sip of milk.

她啜一口牛奶。

“So now you are a woman.

“那么,你现在是女人了,

Do you have the least idea of what that means?”

有没有一点概念,知道这意味着什么?”

“It means that I am now fit to be wedded and bedded,” said Sansa,

“意味着我已适合同房共枕,”珊莎说,

“and to bear children for the king.”

“并为国王怀孩子。”

The queen gave a wry smile.

太后苦笑,

“A prospect that no longer entices you as it once did, I can see.

“你已不像从前那样期盼这个了,我看得出来,

I will not fault you for that.

也不会怪你。

Joffrey has always been difficult.

乔佛里向来不太听话,

Even his birth … I labored a day and a half to bring him forth.

甚至连他出生……我整整辛苦了一天半才把他生出来。

You cannot imagine the pain, Sansa.

你无法想像那种疼痛,珊莎,

I screamed so loudly that I fancied Robert might hear me in the kingswood.”

我的尖叫声如此之大,想必劳勃在御林里都能听见。”

“His Grace was not with you?”

“国王陛下没陪在您身边?”

“Robert? Robert was hunting.

“劳勃?劳勃在打猎。

That was his custom.

这是惯例,

Whenever my time was near, my royal husband would flee to the trees with his huntsmen and hounds.

每当我产期一近,我的王夫便带着猎人和狗逃进森林。

When he returned he would present me with some pelts or a stag’s head, and I would present him with a baby.

回来的时候,他送我一堆毛皮或一只鹿头,我则给他一个孩子。”

“Not that I wanted him to stay, mind you.

“我提醒你,我可不想他留下。

I had Grand Maester Pycelle and an army of midwives, and I had my brother.

我有派席尔大学士和足以组成一支军团的助产妇,以及我弟弟。

When they told Jaime he was not allowed in the birthing room, he smiled and asked which of them proposed to keep him out.

他们不让詹姆进产房,他笑问:谁敢拦他?”

“Joffrey will show you no such devotion, I fear.

“乔佛里恐怕就不会这么爱你了。

You could thank your sister for that, if she weren’t dead.

这你该去感谢你妹妹——如果她还没死的话。

He’s never been able to forget that day on the Trident when you saw her shame him, so he shames you in turn.

他永不会忘记在三叉戟河畔她是如何当你的面羞辱他,他会羞辱你作为报复。

You’re stronger than you seem, though.

不过,你比外表看上去要坚强,

I expect you’ll survive a bit of humiliation. I did.

估计能挺住一点点的羞耻。瞧,我不就挺过来了吗?

You may never love the king, but you’ll love his children.”

你也许永远不会爱上国王,但你会爱着他的孩子。”

“I love His Grace with all my heart,” Sansa said.

“我全心全意地爱着国王陛下,”珊莎说。

The queen sighed.

太后叹口气。

“You had best learn some new lies, and quickly.

“你最好多学点谎话,而且要快。

Lord Stannis will not like that one, I promise you.”

史坦尼斯大人不会喜欢这一句,我向你保证。”

“The new High Septon said that the gods will never permit Lord Stannis to win, since Joffrey is the rightful king.”

“新任总主教说,诸神反对史坦尼斯公爵,因为乔佛里才是真正的国王。”

A half smile flickered across the queen’s face.

一丝奇特的微笑闪过太后脸庞,

“Robert’s trueborn son and heir. Though Joff would cry whenever Robert picked him up.

“他是劳勃的嫡子和继承人,但劳勃每次抱起他,他都会大哭,

His Grace did not like that.

令国王陛下很不喜欢。

His bastards had always gurgled at him happily, and sucked his finger when he put it in their little baseborn mouths.

他那群杂种不但总开心地对他咯咯傻笑,当他把手指放进那些低贱的小嘴时,他们还会高兴地吮吸。

Robert wanted smiles and cheers, always, so he went where he found them, to his friends and his whores.

劳勃向来渴望欢乐和笑颜,他总是如此,哪里能找到这些他就去哪里,所以去找了他的朋友和他的婊子。

Robert wanted to be loved.

劳勃想要被爱。

My brother Tyrion has the same disease.

我弟弟提利昂也有同样的毛病。

Do you want to be loved, Sansa?”

你想被爱吗,珊莎?”

“Everyone wants to be loved.”

“每个人都想被爱啊。”

“I see flowering hasn’t made you any brighter,” said Cersei.

“看来初潮也没让你变聪明,”瑟曦道。

“Sansa, permit me to share a bit of womanly wisdom with you on this very special day.

“珊莎,容我在这个特殊的日子里跟你分享一点做女人的智慧。

Love is poison.

爱是毒药,

A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same.”

虽然甜蜜,但依旧能杀人。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
devotion [di'vəuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 虔诚,祈祷,献身,奉献,热爱

联想记忆
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
labored ['leibəd]

想一想再看

adj. 吃力的;费劲的;不自然的 v. 工作;劳动;分

联想记忆
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
humiliation [hju:.mili'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 耻辱,丢脸

联想记忆
sip [sip]

想一想再看

n. 啜饮
v. 啜饮,啜

 
wry [rai]

想一想再看

adj. 扭歪的,歪曲的,歪斜的,讽刺的 v. (使)扭

 
flee [fli:]

想一想再看

vi. 逃跑,逃走,消失,(时间)飞逝
vt.

 
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆
permit ['pə:mit,pə'mit]

想一想再看

n. 许可证,执照
v. 允许,许可

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。