手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 时空恋旅人 > 正文

看电影学英语《时空恋旅人》第6期:我的新家

来源:可可英语 编辑:dream   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I caught the train to London in search of a future and a girlfriend.

我上了去伦敦的火车,去寻找我的未来…和女朋友

I was staying in St John's Wood, near Abbey Road,

我住在圣约翰伍德 靠近修道院路

with a playwright friend of my dad's called Harry.

和我老爸的一个叫哈利的作家朋友一起

It's always nice to have family connections when you're a new kid in town.

当你初到异地,有亲人或朋友照应还是不错的

What the fuck do you want?

你他妈的想干什么?!

I'm James's son. Who?

- 我是詹姆斯的儿子 - 谁?

James Lake. What about him?

- 詹姆斯莱克 - 他又怎样?

He said you had a room.

他说你有间空房

Go in there and wait.

进去等着

Quietly. I mean it, don't make a sound.

安静点,我是说,不要制造噪音

Or I'll kill you.

否则我会杀了你

I was actually having the first good idea I've had for a decade when you rang on the doorbell.

刚才你按门铃时我刚刚有了十年来第一个好灵感

But now it's gone.

但是现在没了

You little shit.

你这个浑小子

How's your dad?

你爸爸怎么样?

Weird cock, I always thought. Something weird about him.

另类,我总这么认为,他有些古怪

Really? Yeah, I never really liked him, actually.

- 真的吗? - 也对,说实话我很不喜欢他

Your mum still look like Andy Warhol?

你妈看起来还像安迪沃霍尔吗?

What?

什么?

That, by the way, is my wife.

对了,那是我老婆

Nice. Yeah, you wouldn't like her at first.

- 哦,很不错 - 是的,不过第一眼她不招人喜欢

Sarcastic cow.

是个爱挖苦人的娘们儿

But eventually you'd realise that

但是最后你会发现…

she's the best human being in the world.

她是世界上最好的人

Which is why she left me, of course.

所以她才会离开我

Here you go.

到了

Try not to make too much noise, particularly when having sex.

别制造太多噪音,特别是做爱的时候

No chance of that. Christ, two losers in one house.

- 没那个机会 - 哦,上帝,两个窝囊废共处

That is my daughter.

那是我女儿

Have sex with her if you like. Apparently everyone else has.

如果你愿意可以跟她上床,貌似其他人也会

It wasn't a hopeful set up for romance.

这里没有艳遇的可能

And work didn't help on that score either.

并且工作上也没有什么机会

The world of law seems to be entirely full of men.

法学业界似乎清一色都是男人

Hello. I'm Rory. Very pleased to meet you. A real thrill.

哈喽,我是罗里,很高兴见到你,很激动

Well, who knows, we might become, you know, pals, et cetera.

哦,或许我们可以成为好朋友什么的

Who the hell are you? Tim Lake.

- 你到底是谁? - 蒂姆莱克

Well, I hope you're better than this clown.

好吧,希望你比这个傻瓜强点儿

Come on, Roger. It's Rory, actually.

- 快点,罗杰 - 其实是罗里

I've been here a year and a half. I'm just saying that to be nice. It's two years actually.

我来这里一年半了,我向来言听计从,其实是两年

So six lonely months went by and it was still just me and Harry.

就这样,孤单的6个月过去了,还是只有我和哈利

Me lawyer-ing every hour of the day and night.

我不分黑夜白昼地当我的律师

And him putting the finishing touches to his new play.

而他则是将所有的触感写进他的新剧目里去

No matter how many girls there were in the world,

不管世界上有多少女孩

I always seemed to end up with Rory.

到头来我总是能遇到罗里

Hello.

哈喽

Until, out of the blue,

直到,出乎意料的…

on a dodgy night out with dodgy Jay, something miraculous happened.

在一个始料不及的晚上,跟着不 靠谱的杰伊混时奇迹发生了

?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
recovery [ri'kʌvəri]

想一想再看

n. 恢复,复原,痊愈

 
investigate [in'vestigeit]

想一想再看

v. 调查,研究
[计算机] 研究

联想记忆
announced [ə'naunst]

想一想再看

宣布的

 
sarcastic [sɑ:'kæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 讽刺的

 
score [skɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱
vt. 记分,刻

联想记忆
suspect [səs'pekt]

想一想再看

n. 嫌疑犯
adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的<

联想记忆
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
decade ['dekeid]

想一想再看

n. 十年

联想记忆
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
commission [kə'miʃən]

想一想再看

n. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪
vt.

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。