手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第六季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第六季(MP3+中英字幕):第8集 跟有范儿的孩子一起玩

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

If you had asked me six years ago what I would be doing now,

如果在六年前你问我现在会做什么
it would not be running for State's Attorney.
答案肯定不会是竞选州检察官
Let me see a show of hands.
大家举手表决吧
If the election for Atate's Attorney were held today,
如果现在进行州检察官选举
how many of you would vote for Alicia Florrick?
你们有多少人会投票给艾丽西娅·福瑞克
That's seven for and, I imagine, five against.
七票赞成,我想应该有五票反对
I'm not really against her. I just need to hear more.
我不是反对她,我只是想听到更多信息
I'm just voting for her here because I like her,
我投给她是因为我喜欢她
but I don't know much about her.
但我对她了解很少
Well, let's explore that, Rita. What is it you like about her?
那咱们就探讨一下,丽塔,你喜欢她什么
I guess how she handled her marriage.
我想应该是她处理自己婚姻的方式吧
She stood by her husband.
她支持了自己的丈夫
See, that's what I don't like about her.
瞧,其实我不喜欢她的就是这一点
Why didn't she divorce him?
她为什么不跟他离婚啊
He slept with all of those prostitutes, and she just grins.
他满世界地睡妓女,而她却选择忍气吞声
That's what you do, through sickness and health.
夫妻本该就这样,无论疾病或健康嘛
What I don't get is what this has to do with her being a Atate's Attorney.
我不明白的是这些跟她竞选州检察官有何关系
It matters if she's a doormat.
如果她是个受气包那就有关系了
It matters if she has...
如果她有...
Okay, all right. I want to turn, uh,
好了好了,我想应该
to another subject, if I may.
讨论下一位候选人了
Frank Prady. What do people think of him?
弗兰克·普拉迪,大家对他有何看法
Who's that?
他谁啊
Oh, yeah, him-- the guy on the news. He's good.
哦他呀,新闻里的那人,挺好的
Is he running?
他也参选吗
He hasn't make his announcement yet,
他尚未发表参选声明
but the expectation is that he'll run.
但预计他将会参选
I like him.
我喜欢他
He's smart and funny.
他又聪明又风趣
So let me ask the same question. If the elections were held today,
那么我的问题依然是,如果现在进行选举
how many of you would vote for Frank Prady?
你们有多少人对投票给弗兰克·普拉迪
Eight. So, someone switched sides.
八票,有人变立场了啊
Was it you, Reggie?
是不是你啊,雷吉
Alicia, where are you? We need to discuss this.
艾丽西娅,你在哪儿,我们需要谈谈
I have to do some work, Eli.
我有事要忙,伊莱
I'll meet you when I'm done.
等忙完了,我再去见你
Owen, what a surprise. Eli, I will call you back.
欧文,真惊喜,伊莱,我待会再打给你
Your receptionist said I could wait in here.
你们前台说我可以在这里等
No, I'm thrilled. Stand up.
没事,我太高兴了,站起来
Give me a hug.
给我抱抱
What's wrong?
怎么了
Nothing. How's your campaign?
没事,你的竞选如何
Look, Owen, I'm sorry.
欧文,对不起
I should not have questioned your relationship with Phil.
我不应该质疑你和菲尔的关系
I won't do it again. I apologize.
我再也不会那样了,我道歉
Thank you.
谢谢
He's a good guy.
他人挺好的
I bet he is.
我觉得也是
And I'm not gonna hurt your campaign. I know.
我不会破坏你的竞选,我知道
So, how's school?
学校里还好吗
It's good.
挺好的
I have a case for you.
我有个案子找你
What do you mean?
什么意思
One of my students-- she was raped.
我一个学生,她被强奸了
She is going in front of the University Judiciary Committee today
她今天去了高校司法委员会
to try and get the guy expelled.
想让学校能开除那家伙
She didn't go to the police
她没去报警
because she doesn't want to overturn her life.
因为她不想破坏到自己的生活
She just wants him out of her classes.
她只是想把那人从学校撵出去
Okay.
好吧
Oh, that sounds like a get-out-of-my-office okay.
这话音听着有逐客令的味道啊
No, no.
没有啊
It's just that I'm taking a step back from my cases.
只是现在我不准备接案子了
It just a few hours, sis.
只需几个小时而已,姐
She just needs an advocate to sit with her
她只是需要在去委员会时,能有位律师
during the committee, that's all.
陪伴在身边,仅此而已
Doesn't she know any other lawyers?
她就没有其他认识的律师了吗
Not anybody that can be there in an hour.
没有能在一小时内到场的律师
An hour from now? It's just a couple of hours total,
从现在起一小时吗,所以总共只需两小时
and having you there,
如果有你在场
the Governor's wife, would really matter.
身为州长夫人,真的很顶事儿
Oh, my God.
我的老天
You're putting on the puppy dog face.
你在摆狗狗卖萌脸
No, I wasn't.
没,我没啦
I-I was... I was just... sitting waiting for your answer.
我...人家只是坐着等你回复嘛
See? It's just me,
看嘛,就是我
waiting.
在等着哦
So you don't have to show them anything?
所以不需要什么证明的东西吗
No, no, you just identify yourself.
不用,只需报上身份即可
If you're not driving a car, you don't need all that.
如果你不负责开车,就不需要那么多东西
What about the skag?
那海洛因呢
They can't search you?
他们不会查你吗
Well, how much are we talking about here?
这次有多少货
Um, one and a half kilos.
一公斤半
Whoa! Someone's having a big party.
真是一笔大买卖啊
Damn, man!
真他妈的
What do you got? Wow.
真有你的
Okay, no. Look, they have to have cause to search your car.
是这样的,他们必须找到理由才能搜你的车
It sounds bad because
这样听起来很糟
you don't hear the beginning and the end of the tape.
因为你没听到这盘录音带的开始和结尾
And this is in the discovery?
所以这个也在文件中吗
Yes. They just sent it over.
是的,他们刚刚提交上去
And we have two weeks before trial.
而距离庭审只剩下两周了
Well, maybe the judge won't let it in.
也许法官在庭上不会提这份证据
It's hearsay without Trey.
没有特雷,这只算传闻证据
No, Forfeiture by wrongdoing.
不,这是违规行为中没收来的
Trey was killed in an attempt to bury evidence. Therefore,
特雷是在企图销毁证据时被杀的,所以说
it will be admitted in.
这份录音会被纳入证据
What about the third voice?
那第三个声音呢
There are three people on that wire.
窃听录音里有三个人
Two of them are dead. There's still one.
其中两人已死,还剩一个人
Kalinda, any luck in finding him? Dante?
凯琳达,有那人消息吗,叫但丁的那个
Not yet. He fled after the other two were killed.
还没,那两人被杀后他就跑了
Oh, Alicia, do you have a minute?
艾丽西娅,你有空吗
We'll be right back, Cary.
我们马上回来,凯里
God, it's hard to be the defendant.
天,当被告的滋味也太难了
Don't ever do it.
千万被当被告
I'll try not to.
我尽量
Where are you, Kalinda? You're whispering.
你在哪儿,凯琳达,你说话声音很低
Home.
在家
Listen, will you tell me when you're heading out
话说,你什么时候能出来
so I can come back into work?
这样我就能回去上班了
God, this is insane.
真是太离谱了
I know.
我明白
You know... there's one thing that they got wrong about the wire.
关于那份窃听录音,有一点他们弄错了
What?
什么
There weren't three people on it, Cary.
里面并不是三个人,凯里
There were four.
而是四个人
If this were any other client,
如果是其他的客户
we would be advising him to take a plea.
我们会建议他接受认罪协议
But it's not any other client.
但他不是一般的客户
We might be doing him a disservice
可如果不跟他建议做认罪协议
by not advising him to take a plea.
那才是有可能害了他呢
You're wrong.
你们错了
There weren't just three of Bishop's crew on that wire.
窃听录音里不只有三个毕夏普的帮派成员
I was there, too.
我也在场
I need to testify.
我得出庭作证
No. Cary, that is not a good idea.
不行,凯里,这不是好主意
I am the only one who can deny
我是唯一能够否认
that that tape reflects the full conversation.
这份录音并反应了全部谈话内容的人
Yes, and no one will believe you.
是这样,但没人会相信你的
Attorneys always make the worst witnesses, Cary. You know that.
律师是最差劲的证人,凯里,你也明白
I know I have no other option.
我已经别无选择了
I don't want to testify. I need to testify.
我不是想作证,而是必须作证
We need to mock this.
我们必须情景模拟一下
Hire someone to cross-examine Cary,
请个人来盘问凯里
see if he holds up.
看看他能不能坚持住
What, are you...? Alicia.
什么,你...艾丽西娅
I thought you weren't taking any more cases.
你不是说不接案子了吗
I'm not.
我是不接了
I just need to hand-hold this girl for an hour,
我只是要支持这姑娘一小时
and I'll be right in.
我马上就进去了
Alicia, this is so irresponsible. What is the case?
艾丽西娅,你也太不负责任了,什么案子
Rape.
强奸案
Oh, great, because rape is never controversial.
真棒,强奸案真是"从不会引发争议"呢
Would it change your mind to know that Alicia Florrick's
艾丽西娅·福瑞克的律所合伙人目前正被
law partner is being prosecuted by the Atate's Attorney?
州检起诉,知道了这件事你会改变主意吗
What is he being prosecuted for?
他被起诉的罪名是什么
For telling drug dealers how to avoid arrest for the sale
罪名是面对分销价值1300万美元海洛因的毒贩
and distribution of $1.3 million in heroin.
教其如何躲避追捕
I like that you can't go into work.
你没法去上班,我很高兴
It's like I'm keeping you hostage.
感觉我把你当做了人质
Hello?
I know you're not alone, so make yourself alone.
我知道你不是一个人,请你单独接电话
Okay.
好吧
What's wrong?
怎么了
Everything all right, Mr. Bishop?
一切都还好吧,毕夏普先生
My understanding is the Feds are now investigating me.
我认为现在联邦调查局正在查我
They're using the Atate's Attorney's investigation
他们利用州检的调查
to fuel their investigation.
来完成自己的调查
How do you know that?
你是怎么知道的
The point isn't how I heard it. The point is I heard it.
重点不是我怎么知道的,而是我已经知道了
What do you know about it?
对此你有什么了解
The Feds? Nothing.
联调局吗,一无所知
This isn't just about me, Kalinda.
这可不仅仅关于我,凯琳达
This is about Cary, too.
这事也跟凯里有关
They're coming after me through him.
他们是通过凯里来追查我
No more candy.
不许再吃糖了
Okay, well, let me do some research first.
好吧,我先做一些调查
Fast.
快点
Kalinda?
凯琳达
I have to shower.
我要洗个澡
What's so secret?
什么事这么秘密
Just work.
工作而已
Okay.
I went to a party at the Theta house.
我去塞塔兄弟会参加了一个派对
It was supposed to start their Thanksgiving food drive.
派对主题是开始他们的感恩节食物派送活动
I was only going to bring canned stuff.
我只是想去领罐头食物
Sorry, I'm not used to talking like this.
抱歉,我不太习惯这种谈话
But Troy was there,
但特洛伊也在场
and he said I should at least stick around for a little while.
他说我应该再多留一会儿
I remembered all the Red Zone stuff
我记得新生报到会上
they told us at orientation
给我们讲的所有关于"红色警戒"的事
about how many freshman girls get, you know,
就是说多少新生女生...
assaulted in the first few months of school
在刚入学的头几个月
from drinking too much.
就因喝太多而被强奸
But I was careful.
但我很小心
I got my own drink, I didn't put it down.
我拿着自己的酒,从未放下来过
I woke up in an upstairs bedroom... naked.
然后我在楼上一间卧室里醒来,一丝不挂
I was on the floor.
我当时躺在地上
Troy was on the bed, asleep.
特洛伊在床上睡着
I couldn't find my clothes.
我找不到自己的衣服
I couldn't...
我没办法
Would you like to stop, Jody?
你要不要暂停一下,乔迪
No.
不用
Uh, when I looked down,
我朝身下一看
he had ejaculated on me.
他在我身上射了精
Jody, you're lying.
乔迪,你撒谎
That's not what happened!
事情根本不是这样的
This will destroy my future. You can't just lie!
这会毁掉我的未来,你不能就这么信口雌黄
Excuse me, sir. You can't interrupt my client.
抱歉,先生,你不能打断我当事人的陈述
Actually... Hello, Ms. Florrick.
实际上,您好,福瑞克女士
You're here as a silent advocate.
你是作为禁言律师出席
You-you can't say anything.
你什么都不能说
Yes, but he's the accused.
对,但他是被告
It's not his right to interrupt her.
他无权打断她的陈述
Actually, it is his right.
实际上,他是有权的
According to the Student Handbook,
根据学生手册
he can participate.
他有权插话
It is true. He raped me.
是真的,他强奸了我
I tried to call my parents the next day...
第二天我想打电话告诉我父母
It was consensual.
我们是两厢情愿
Maybe you had too much to drink or something.
没准是你当时喝太多了什么的
I didn't have too much to drink, and I said "No."
我没喝多,而且我说了"不要"
You just didn't want to hear it.
而你根本没听进去
How much did you have to drink, Jody?
你喝了多少,乔迪
Two to three beers.
两三杯啤酒
No, tequila.
不对,是龙舌兰酒
Are you used to drinking, Jody?
你以前喝过酒吗,乔迪
Excuse me, panelists.
抱歉,委员们
Mrs. Florrick, we've already warned you.
福瑞克夫人,我们已经警告您了
You're a silent advocate here.
你是禁言律师
Yes.
我知道
I just need a bathroom break.
我想去下洗手间
How are you? Okay.
你怎么样,还好
No, not so good.
其实不怎么好
I know.
我明白
I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself. I'm Alicia.
抱歉我还没自我介绍,我是艾丽西娅
I know. Your-your brother said.
我知道,你弟弟说过了
Jody, you're doing well, but here's the thing.
乔迪,你表现得很好,但有个问题
I can't say anything here,
我在场是什么都不能说的
but you can, so I need you to tell them something.
但你可以,所以我要你告诉他们一些事
What?
什么
The Student Handbook--
在学生手册里
it says Troy can participate,
上面说特洛伊可以参与讨论
but only with questions, not with statements.
但只能问问题,不能做陈述
Yes.
是这样
He's making statements.
他当时是在做陈述
He can only do that when he's questioned.
只有在被问话时他才能做陈述
Can you say that the next time he talks?
所以等他下次插话时你能说一下吗
I'll try.
我会试一试
Good.
很好
One more thing.
还有一件事
What's your phone number?
你手机号多少
I didn't have tequila. I had beer.
我没喝龙舌兰酒,我喝的是啤酒
Jody, that's not true. I saw you drinking tequila.
乔迪,这不是真的,我看到你喝龙舌兰了
You were downstairs in the kitchen.
你当时在楼下的厨房里
Excuse me.
抱歉
He can't do that. He can't interject like that.
他不能这样,他不能像这样随便插话
Unfortunately, he can, Jody.
不好意思,他是可以的,乔迪
No, he can only interject with questions,
不对,他只能提问题
not statements...
不能直接陈述
according to the handbook.
根据学生手册规定
It says so on page 38, paragraph C.
这一条是在第38页,C段
Okay. Troy, please limit your remarks to questions.
好,特洛伊,请你控制,只能提问
I'd like to bring you back in a couple days to continue our talk,
我想带大家回顾一下这几天再继续我们的谈话
but I just wanted to get your last impressions of Alicia Florrick.
但我想问大家对艾丽西娅·福瑞克的最后印象
Uh, why don't we start with you, Sally?
那么我们从你开始吧,莎莉
I don't know. She seems entitled to me,
我不知道,我觉得她有点自恃甚高
like the world owes her something.
好像全世界都欠她的
And why do you say that?
为什么这样说呢
Something about her.
就是关于她自己的事
She just seems selfish,
她看起来好自私
like everything is about my pain, my achievements.
好像全世界的痛都是我,全世界的成就都是我
There's a world bigger than you, you know...
但有一个世界是比你自己更大的...
Alicia, hey. Hi. You made it.
艾丽西娅,你来啦
No, keep it running.
别,继续播啊
No, we'll summarize for you.
不用,我们会帮你做总结的
It didn't go well.
进展不顺利吧
No, it went well. What-what do you mean?
没,挺顺利的,你说什么呢
I'm selfish.
我很自私
That's just her. Stuck-up bitch. Everybody liked you.
只有她而已,自大的婊子,大家都喜欢你
Yeah, the real problem's Prady. His brand is just as strong.
真正的问题是普拉迪,他的名声很强大
And he's announcing this week.
而他这周就要发表参选声明
Truth is, he'll get a big bump
事实上在他声明后
from his announcement, so, we have to step on it.
人气会大大暴增,所以我们必须碾压之
What he means is, we need an event to coincide with his announcement,
他是说我们需要针对他的声明也举行一次活动
so that he doesn't own the day.
以防他一枝独秀
We're spitballing ideas. Peter is willing to help,
我们正在想点子,彼得很乐意帮忙
perhaps make an announcement of his own or something.
也许他也来发表个声明什么的
Did you tell her I started my own firm?
你有没有告诉她我自己开了律所
What? That lady. Did-did you tell her
什么,那位女士,你有告诉她
I started my own firm? It wasn't handed to me.
我创办了自己的律所,可不是别人送我的
Alicia, stop it.
艾丽西娅,别这样
It is one woman in a focus group.
不过是焦点小组中的一个女人
Don't obsess.
别太纠结了
Other people nodded when she said that.
可她说那话时别人都在点头
No one was nodding.
没人点头
Play the tape again. No.
那就再放一遍,不行
We're going home.
我们要回家了
You're sleeping with a federal agent.
你在跟一个联邦探员上床
We followed you.
我们跟踪了你
You left the apartment of Deputy Agent Delaney.
你从德兰尼副探员的公寓中离开
Yes.
是的
Why?
为什么
This pre-dated anything to do with Cary.
这段关系早于我和凯里的关系
Or you.
也早与你
That does not calm me.
这可没办法安抚我
Agent Delaney is not working on your case.
德兰尼探员没在办你的案子
The Feds are opening another front.
联调局正在别处下手
They're feeding information to the Atate's Attorney,
他们向州检察官提供信息
and the S.A. is feeding information to them.
而州检也给他们提供信息
And how do you know that?
你是怎么知道的
Because I'm paying attention.
因为我有心注意
This is what I need from you, Kalinda.
我需要你做下面这件事,凯琳达
I need you to find out what your girlfriend is working on.
我要你查出你女朋友在办什么案子
If you want me to feel calm about you sleeping with a federal agent,
如果你想让我对你跟联邦探员睡觉感到心安的话
find out what case she is on.
那就查出她在办什么案子
You understand?
明白了吗
Good.
很好
Now get out.
出去吧
Fantastic.
真不错
Where are your chairs?
你的椅子在哪儿
Oh, they, um... they arrive tomorrow.
椅子...明天到
How you feeling?
你感觉如何
How do I feel? I feel like
我感觉如何,我感觉
a... newly-minted lawyer
一个浴火重生的律师
ready to represent DUIs and bail-jumpers.
已准备好代表酒驾司机和保释逃犯对薄公堂了
You seem happier.
你看起来开心多了
I'm always happy.
我一直挺开心的
Do I seem entitled to you?
你觉得我自视高人一等吗
Do I think you're entitled?
我觉得你自视高人一等吗
No.
Why? Do you, uh... do you feel entitled?
怎么,你感觉自己高人一等吗
It's the focus group on my candidacy.
是焦点小组讨论我的候选人情况
Someone said I seem... selfish.
有人说我看起来...很自私
Do you know this person?
你认识这个人吗
No. Well, then what do you care? Come on.
不认识,那你纠结个啥
Well, it's a voter.
可那是选民啊
And also maybe the people who know me are being too polite.
也许是认识我的人都太有礼貌而不敢说
She said I seem obsessed with my own pain,
她说我太过执着于自己的痛苦
my own achievements.
我自己的成就
Yeah, my ex-wife used to say the same about me.
嗯,我前妻也对我说过一样的话
Really?
真的吗
You don't seem that way to me at all.
在我看来你完全不是那样的
Thank you.
谢谢
So you want to do something about it?
那么你有何对策
What? Being entitled?
什么,太高人一等吗
Yeah. Every Wednesday,
对,每个星期三
I go to St. Paul's Cathedral on Ashland.
我会去阿什兰的圣保罗大教堂
They have a soup kitchen.
他们有个施粥坊
Go volunteer.
去当义工吧
They always need someone.
总是缺人
It helps you see beyond yourself.
能够帮助你看到自身之外的事
You do that every Wednesday?
你每周三都会去吗
Yeah.
You're a good person.
你真是好人
A saint, really.
是啊,我是圣徒
You can say it.
你可以这么说
Just go.
去就行了
Turn up at, uh, 6:30.
六点半出现就行
Well, I'll think about it.
我会考虑一下
I think I might have been wrong about Alicia.
我可能看错艾丽西娅了
Sure, she has some money,
她虽然有点钱
but she gives to those less for...
但她会拿出来帮助他人...
I'm Hank Shetty.
我是汉克·谢蒂
I work as the captain of campus police here
我在芝加哥综合理工学院
at Polytech.
担任校警队长
Jody first came to you with her accusation?
乔迪是最先去找你控诉的吗
Yeah. On Monday.
对,周一的时候
I guess it was three days after it happened.
大概是事件发生后三天
And did you notice anything about her?
你注意到什么异常了吗
Yeah, she was in control.
她还挺冷静的
She said she was raped
她说被人强奸
and she wanted to bring charges against Troy over there.
想起诉特洛伊
I asked if she wanted to have a rape exam administered.
我问她是否愿意做强奸检查
She said no.
她拒绝了
I was surprised by that. I asked her what had happened.
我有点吃惊,我问了她具体过程
She didn't know the guy's name.
她不知道那人的名字
She was kind of confused about it all.
她有点搞不清楚状况
She said she had been drinking.
她说她喝了酒
I think I suggested she go to the cops,
我应该是建议她去找警察了
but she insisted no.
可她一直不愿意
Mr. Shetty,
谢蒂先生
do you have any rape kits?
你有检查工具吗
Why don't we let Mr. Shetty finish his statement, Jody.
先听谢蒂先生说完吧,乔迪
I thought I could ask questions at any time.
我不是可以随时提问吗
That's what it says in the handbook.
手册里是这么写的
That's correct.
没错
Uh, ask your question again.
再问一次吧
Mr. Shetty, do you have any rape kits in your campus facilities?
谢蒂,你拥有的校园设备里有检查工具吗
Do I... What do you mean?
我,什么意思
You said you offered me a rape kit,
你说曾让我做强奸检查
so I'm just wondering if you had any.
所以我想问问你有没有
Any rape kits? No.
强奸检查工具吗,没有
So why did you offer a rape kit?
那你为什么要让我做强奸检查
What do you mean? I asked you
什么意思,我是问你
if you wanted a rape kit administered.
愿不愿意进行强奸检查
I know, but why, if you had no rape kits?
我知道,但你明明没有工具,为什么要问
Well,
这个
you know, we... could probably get a rape kit.
因为...我们可以拿到检查工具
But you didn't want one.
但是你说不需要
Mr. Shetty,
谢蒂先生
was Jody crying when she came to you?
乔迪去找你时在哭吗
Or upset in any way?
或者情绪低落了吗
No. Even as she explained
没有,她在解释
how she was being raped, she didn't cry?
当初的情况时,也没有哭吗
No, and I found that strange.
没有,所以我觉得很奇怪
I asked that this panel hear testimony
我要求庭上听取我的辅导老师
from my counselor, Owen Cavanaugh.
欧文·卡瓦诺的证言
So it is your opinion that this tape,
你认为这盘磁带
this recording, was selectively edited?
这条录音,被人选择性编辑过吗
Yes. It plays the middle of the conversation
是的,它包括当时对话的一部分
but not the beginning and not the end.
但是并不完整
And you think Trey,
你认为特雷
the man wearing the wire, did this for a reason?
也就是录音的人,是故意这样做的吗
Yes. He was arrested by the police.
对,他被警方逮捕了
He needed to give them someone
他需要供出别人
to lighten his sentence, so he gave 'em me.
减轻自己刑罚,所以就供出了我
Thank you, Cary.
谢谢你,凯里
I know how difficult this has been.
我知道你回答得很艰难
Uh, no further questions, Your Honor.
没有其他问题了,法官阁下
You may sit. Prosecution have any questions?
坐下吧,原告方有什么问题吗
I do.
Hi. Cary.
你好,凯里
Um, my name is Viola Walsh.
我叫维奥拉·沃尔什
Yes, I know. Hi.
我知道,你好
I just have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.
我想问几个问题,如果你不介意的话
I don't mind. Shoot.
Shoot? Really?
开枪,真的吗
I won't do that.
我不会开枪的
So, you worked as an assistant state attorney
你在回归辩护工作前
before you returned to your defense work?
曾担任过助理检察官吗
I did.
是的
And you didn't... Okay,
可你并没有...好吧
um, let me figure out a way to say this without offending you.
让我想一个比较礼貌的说法
You didn't work for Lemond Bishop
你当助理检察官的时候
at the same time as when you were an ASA?
没有为莱蒙德·毕夏普工作吗
No. And don't worry about offending me.
没有,不用担心冒犯我
Okay, good. That's a relief.
好,这样就解脱了
But you worked for Bishop
但是你在当助理检察官之前
prior to joining the ASA's office?
为毕夏普工作过吗
I did. Well, I was on his defense team.
对,我当时是他的辩护团队成员
Um, yes, one of five lawyers.
总共有五个律师
So... you worked for Bishop
所以你担任助理检察官之前和之后
before and after you were an ASA?
都为毕夏普工作过对吗
I did.
是的
Okay.
So we just have to account for 20 months
所以我们需要解决的只有
that you were at the ASA's office.
你担任助理检察官的一年零八个月
Objection. Attorney is testifying.
反对,对方律师在作证
I'm so sorry.
很抱歉
I was just talking to myself, and...
我只是在自言自语
and I won't do that again.
不会有下次了
That's okay. Take care.
没事,小心点就好
I wasn't gonna sustain it anyway.
我本来也没准备说反对有效
Thank you.
谢谢
Why did you lie to your workmate
你为什么要跟同事撒谎
and say that you never worked for Bishop?
说自己从没为毕夏普工作过
I never lied.
我没有撒谎
Oh, well, I have a-a statement here, uh, in the discovery from ASA Pine
可是根据我对助理检察官派恩的询问
that when you took on the Bishop cases,
他说你在接手毕夏普的系列案件时
you said that you never worked on a Bishop defense.
说自己从未为毕夏普辩护过
Isn't that a lie?
这不是谎言吗
No.
不是
It's not? Then what is it?
不是吗,那是什么
She was questioning my work as a deputy,
她在怀疑我作为州副检察官的能力
and I wanted to stop her challenges.
我想结束她的挑战
So you could take Bishop's cases from her?
为了从她手里拿到毕夏普的案子吗
No, so I could stop her challenges.
不,是为了阻止她的挑战
But it was a lie.
但那是谎言
No. I mean,
it's not a lie in the way that you mean it.
这并不是你所认为的谎言
And how do I mean it?
我是怎么认为的
You're trying to suggest
你是在暗示
that I lied in order to keep working for Bishop.
我撒谎是为了能继续为毕夏普工作
Okay, but you just said it was a lie. So...
但是你说了,那是谎言
was it a lie? I-I... I mean,
到底是谎言吗,我是说
we seem to have different interpretations of a lie.
我们对谎言的理解似乎有些分歧
Objection. Argumentative.
反对,诱导性提问
No, I'm okay with that. Sustained.
我觉得没事,反对有效
Oh, I mean overruled.
不对,反对无效
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢你,法官阁下
Cary,
凯里
what is your definition of a lie?
你对谎言的定义是什么
Look, all I'm saying
我的意思是
is I didn't say it to deceive her.
我那样说不是为了骗她
I mean, I didn't say it to cover up for the fact that I was...
我也不是为了掩盖事实...
Go ahead, Cary. Take your time.
没事,凯里,你慢慢说
I know that you want to tell us all the truth.
我知道你想告诉我们事实
Look, I wasn't working for Bishop, and that's the truth.
我当时没在为毕夏普工作,这就是事实
So how much did you make
你在州检办工作之前
at the law firm prior to the SA's office?
在律师事务所能赚多少
$85,000 a year.
一年八万五千美元
And how much do you make now?
你现在能赚多少
Well, it changes.
不稳定
I have a draw of $350,000,
有三十五万的薪水
and then there's profit participation...
还有分红
$350,000.
三十五万
And how much did you make as an SA?
你当州检察官赚多少
$38,000 a year.
一年三万八千美元
And yet you could keep your apartment.
可你却住着豪华的公寓
Your $4,000 a month apartment.
每月租金四千美元
That's more than you were making every year.
一年的租金比你的工资高
So how did you pay for that?
所以你是怎么付房租的
Savings.
我有积蓄
Really? Savings?
真的吗,积蓄
I wish I could save like that.
真希望我也能攒那么多钱
So let's talk about the two kilos of cocaine
来说说那两公斤可卡因吧
that you never returned to evidence.
你一直没还给证物室
I already went through that. I didn't return it
这个已经说过了,我没还回去
because it was taken.
是因为被人拿走了
And you realize
你知道吧
that this is the cocaine that allowed Bishop to go free.
就是这些可卡因让毕夏普脱身了
Once the cocaine disappeared, Bishop got off...
可卡因一消失,毕夏普就可以轻松脱身
scot-free.
毫发无损
Okay, let's call a halt to this.
好了,先暂停一下吧
Um... I think we should talk, Cary.
我们应该聊聊,凯里
Jody was very clear about what happened.
乔迪对于当时的情况十分清楚
She came to me the very next day.
她第二天就来找我
Was she confused? The campus office said
她当时神志不清吗,校警说
she was confused about what happened.
她并不清楚究竟发生了什么
No.
She knew who raped her.
她知道是谁强奸了她
She didn't want to go to the police,
她不想报警
but she didn't want to have to face him
可她也不想每天在学校里
in school every day either.
再面对他
I want you to know
据我所知
the campus cop was composing his erection.
校警当时正在压抑他的勃起
I'm sorry, what?
抱歉,你说什么
Yes. Huh, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
是的,这并不能说明什么问题
That almost sounds as if it was auto-corrected.
这句话自动修正一下拼写就是了
This man is her counselor.
这男人是她的辅导老师
He has reason to lie.
他有理由说谎
Again, the only interjection allowed is a question.
重申一下,只有被询问时才可以插话
The campus cop was completely wrong in his assertions.
校警的判断简直一派胡言
I saw her the next day,
我第二天见到她的时候
and she knew exactly what happened.
她很清楚发生了什么
You failed me.
你让我挂科
You d... you don't like me. This is unfair.
你不喜欢我,这不公平
I have done nothing wrong.
我没有做错什么
No, what's unfair is you talking
不,你一直在这里讲话
and not allowing us to question you.
还不许我们质疑你,这才不公平
She was drinking too much.
她喝多了
All right, all right, that's enough.
好了,好了,够了
That's enough.
够了
The panel is ready to deliberate and offer its decision.
评审小组已准备好商议后做出决议
Excuse me.
抱歉
We still have witnesses.
我们还有目击证人
Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克夫人
we have already warned you about staying silent.
我们已经警告过您了,请保持安静
Unfortunately, Jody,
很抱歉,乔迪
there isn't enough evidence for an expulsion.
你没有足够的证据让学校开除他
We want to be clear.
我们要澄清一点
To say there isn't enough evidence
没有足够的证据
does not mean he is innocent, Jody...
并不意味着他是无辜的,乔迪
Excuse me. There has been a complete lack
请原谅,可这里根本没有按照
of due process here,
正当的法律程序进行裁决
and you have opened yourself up to a lawsuit.
你们在这场诉讼中随心所欲
What? Title IX requires
你说什么,第九法令针对
due process in campus allegations.
校园诉讼程序作出了规定
You are subject to suit for not supplying that.
而您完全没有按照规定执行
Are you suing us?
你是在控诉我们吗
Is that what you're doing, Jody?
是这样吗,乔迪
Yes.
是的
No.
不是
I mean, it's not a lie in the way that you mean it.
我是说,这不是你所认为的那种谎言
Oh, and how do I mean it?
我是怎么认为的
You mean that you're trying... you're trying to suggest
你是想...你是在暗示...
that I lied in order to keep working for Bishop.
我撒谎是为了能继续为毕夏普工作
Mine or yours?
是我的还是你的
We need to stop working so hard.
咱们没必要这么玩命工作
Hello.
你好
Yeah.
好的
Hold on.
等一下
Be right back.
我马上回来
No.
不行
Because I said no.
我说了不行
The same with the SA--
你和州检察官一样
you use him to get to Bishop.
想利用他牵扯出毕夏普
We can't. We don't have legal cause.
不行,我们没有法律上的理由
Wait till the tap...
还是等窃听录音...
Alicia Florrick is bringing a lawsuit against Chicago Polytech
艾丽西娅正在代表一学生就一起强奸案
on behalf of a student for rape.
起诉芝加哥理工学院
Does this change anybody's vote for or against her?
这件事会影响你们的投票吗
Is she bringing those charges now?
她现在正在代理这件案子吗
Yes. I'd be more likely to vote for her.
是的,那我更倾向于把票投给她
Rape on campus is everywhere...
校园强奸案无处不在
What, so she's kind of a feminist activist now?
所以她现在算是女权主义者了吗
Why does she have to be a feminist activist
为什么她代理一起强奸案
to bring charges for rape?
就成了女权主义者了
He's not saying that.
他不是那个意思
Is she running or is she not?
那在于她是否参加选举
How fitting that the men in the room
这里的男士们
are the ones having problems.
好像对此很有意见
Your Honor, all plaintiff wants is an emergency injunction
法官阁下,原告希望法庭能够下令
to change the makeup of the university panel.
重选高校司法评审团
Is there any reason
你有什么理由
this can't be delayed until next week?
反对将这起案件延期到下周吗
Not as far as we're concerned, Your Honor.
没有,法官阁下
Excuse me, Your Honor.
抱歉,法官阁下
Uh... Sorry.
抱歉
Your Honor, uh...
法官阁下
It's all right, I have to get used to...
没关系,我迟早得习惯
doing this for myself. Uh, Your Honor,
自己来做这些,法官阁下
I'm Louis Canning, outside counsel for the university.
我是路易斯·坎宁,这所大学的外聘律师
Mr. Canning, yes. Are you all right?
坎宁先生,你没事吧
Uh, I am. Uh...
我没事
I just had an unfortunate bout of kidney failure
只不过是在迟发性运动障碍治疗中
from my tardive dyskinesia medication.
不幸引起了肾功能衰竭
My Goodness. I'm sorry.
天哪,我很抱歉
Unfortunately, Your Honor... Hello, Mrs. Florrick.
很遗憾,法官阁下,你好,福瑞克夫人
Mr. Canning.
坎宁先生
Unfortunately, Your Honor,
很遗憾,法官阁下
uh, defense has to request that this case be expedited.
被告要求尽快处理此案
Your Honor, Chicago Polytechnic does not want
法官阁下,芝加哥理工学院不希望
the negative publicity to impact their admissions process.
这件事产生的负面影响干扰学校招生
That's why they're asking this case be expedited.
因此他们才请求尽快解决此案
I wish that were the case, Your Honor.
但愿如此,法官阁下
Unfortunately, I have my operation in a week's time
不幸的是,我还有一个月就要做手术了
and I just want to...
我只是希望
make sure this is handled.
在那之前了结此案
Mr. Canning, are you all right?
坎宁先生,你还好吧
Yes, just, uh, uh...
我很好
dys-dyspnea from my, uh,
只不过肾功能衰竭
kidney failure. I-I know this is an inconvenience
会引起呼吸困难,我知道这会为原告律师
to plaintiff's attorney, and-and I am sorry.
带来诸多不便,对此我深表歉意
I also wish it didn't inconvenience the court.
同样,我也希望自己不会影响庭审
Oh, stop it, Mr. Canning, it's...
不用再说了,坎宁先生,这...
no inconvenience at all.
没什么不方便的
We'll start hearing testimony on your motion to dismiss tomorrow.
明天我们都会来听取你关于撤案动议的证词
Was any of that true in there?
你说的有一句真话吗
I've missed you, Alicia.
我很想你,艾丽西娅
You're fun.
你很有意思
Are you dying?
你要死了吗
Well, everybody's dying.
每个人都会死
Are you dying now?
你马上就要死了吗
No, I'm having a kidney transplant.
不,我要接受肾移植
That's it.
就这样
See you tomorrow.
明天见
He's going in for a kidney transplant,
他只是接受肾移植
and she thinks he's lying.
她却觉得他在撒谎
She's not just selfish, she's paranoi...
她不仅自私,而且偏执
Wow, look at you.
看看你
Best-dressed in the soup kitchen.
来施粥坊还穿得这么正式
I just came from court.
我刚下庭
You dress down well.
你这么穿很好看
Oh, yeah, you know, I have a consultant.
我还要去见一个当事人
So... the last one who shows
所以,最后一个来的人
gets the pots.
要负责刷锅
Oh, this is just like home.
就和在家里一样
But less entitled.
可没那么高人一等
Much less.
太不高人一等了
I can feel the selfishness melting away.
我觉得我的自私都不见了呢
Hi, Eli.
伊莱
We just found out from the Confetti Brothers
我们刚从彩屑兄弟那里得知了
where Prady is announcing.
普拉迪演讲的地方
Uh, Eli, I'm busy.
伊莱,我很忙
Can I try to figure out what you're saying another time?
你有什么事能一会儿再说吗
The Confetti Brothers are a duo out of Wisconsin
彩屑兄弟是威斯康辛州的兄弟俩
who control all the confetti for political functions.
控制着各类政治集会上的庆典彩屑生意
They told us Prady is announcing at Bonaventure tomorrow night.
他们说普拉迪明晚会在博纳温彻酒店进行演讲
Okay, those words made sense. Can I go now?
好了,这些消息很有用,我能挂了吗
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Scrubbing a pot.
刷锅
Yes, I can see why you have to go.
我懂你这么做的意思
We have a plan for Peter to meet you in a Bonaventure hotel suite
我们计划让你和彼得在博纳温彻酒店套房见面
and for photographers to see you coming out.
记者们会看到你们从酒店里一起出来
You can't be serious.
你是在逗我吗
Yeah, peter's already on board.
彼得已经在那儿了
That'll become the story,
你们两个将会成为话题
not Prady's announcement.
普拉迪的演讲就没戏了
Okay. I'm going now, Eli. Bye.
好,我要挂了,伊莱,再见
Better look at this.
你最好看看这个
Hello.
你好
Were you at the St. Paul's Cathedral last night?
你昨晚是在圣保罗大教堂吗
Yeah, why?
是啊,怎么了
There is a photo of you scrubbing an already-clean pot
这里有一张你一边刷着干净的锅
and talking on the phone.
一边在打电话的照片
Oh, my God. Who took it?
天哪,这是谁拍的
I don't know. A tracker.
我不知道,可能是跟踪你的人
Why were you scrubbing an already-clean pot?
你为什么要去刷一只本来就干净了的锅
It wasn't clean.
那只锅是脏的
I cleaned it.
我在把它刷干净
Does it say it was clean?
上面又没写它是干净的
It says it was clean.
上面还真写了
And why are you dressed like you're going to a dinner party?
那你为什么穿得像参加晚宴一样
I wasn't. It was after work.
我没有,我刚下庭
And I was on the phone with you.
正在和你通话
You called me.
是你打给我的
Alicia, this is a disaster.
艾丽西娅,这是场灾难
You can't do photo ops like this on your own.
你不能自己搞这种拍照作秀
It wasn't a photo op. I-I was just helping out.
这不是拍照作秀,我只是去帮忙
Well, you can't do that.
你不能那么做
There are people out there trying to screw you.
外面很多人想搞你
Oh, my God, does it say it was clean?
我的天,是说了它是干净的吗
You need to get in here.
你得到这来
We need to strategize.
我们得制定应对战略
No, I have to go to court.
不,我得上庭
I thought you delayed that.
我以为你推迟了
No, I tried to delay it.
没有,我是尝试推迟
Alicia, I take my job seriously.
艾丽西娅,我对待自己的工作很认真
You need to take it seriously, too.
你也需要认真对待你的
Oh, my God,
我的天
They're just making this stuff up.
他们在乱编
For a politician's wife, she's kind of phony.
对一个政客的妻子来说,她有点太假了
It's like they're not real to her--
就像他们对她来说不是真的
the homeless people.
那些无家可归的人
Yeah. Like animals in a cage.
是啊,就像笼子里的动物
She just went to that soup kitchen to show off.
她只是去那个施粥坊作秀的
Okay, good, I think
好了,我认为
we've covered that thoroughly.
那个我们已经全部问到了
Let's move on to the wire.
我们继续窃听录音部分
The recording of your wrongdoing.
你违法行为的录音
My alleged wrongdoing.
我被指控的违法行为
Your alleged wrongdoing. Now, the tape starts with you joking
你被指控的违法行为,录音带从你
about women, is that right?
开女性的玩笑开始,对吧
No, that is not how it started.
不,不是这么开始的
That's when the C.I. decided to turn on the wire.
那是线人决定上交窃听录音的地方
Are you saying that the wire was edited?
你是说录音被剪辑过吗
No. I'm saying the C.I.
不是,我是说线人
edited it by choosing when to turn it on and off.
通过时开时关的方式编辑了内容
I talk much longer than the wire.
我比录音说得更长
You did?
是吗
Because we only hear the end of your joke about Beyonce.
因为我们只听到你开碧昂丝玩笑的结尾
So what did you say about Beyonce
所以在录音开始前
before the tape started rolling?
你说了什么关于碧昂丝的事
How is this relevant?
这有什么关联
Cary. No, seriously.
凯里,不,说真的
How is my joking about Beyonce relevant?
我开碧昂丝的玩笑跟这有什么关系
Wow. Okay, are we taking a break from questioning?
好吧,我们要休息一下吗
Let me talk to Cary for a second.
让我跟凯里谈一下
I'm just asking a question and what I don't get
我只是问了个问题,而且我不明白的是
is why you're not objecting more.
你为什么不提出更多的反对
I'm not objecting
我没有提出
more because these are softballs
更多的反对因为这些是一般的问题
and if I object
如果我提出反对
it'll look like we're hiding something.
就会看起来像我们在隐藏什么
Well, I disagree.
我不同意
Okay, that's it.
好了,就这样
Let's take a break.
我们休息一下
We'll, uh, pay for one more session.
我们再多付一节的钱
Okay. When's his trial?
好,他的审讯是什么时候
Two weeks.
两周后
All right, Diane, we've had our issues in the past.
好,戴安,我们已经抛掉过去的不快了
That's why you've hired me.
这是你聘请我的原因
But I have to tell you, he is a bad witness.
但我得告诉你,他是个很差劲的证人
If I'm on the jury,
如果我是陪审团成员
he's going away for 15 years.
他会被判坐十五年牢的
I know. Thanks.
我知道,谢谢
Anytime.
有需要随时联系
Cary,
凯里
whatever you have to do, whoever you have to talk to,
不管你做了什么,无论你跟谁聊过
get your head in the game.
专心点吧
You are 14 days away from spending a decade in prison.
距离你可能会蹲十年大狱的日子只差十四天了
Do you understand?
你明白吗
I understand that I will be fine.
我明白我会没事的
You need to protect me more on the stand.
你需要在证人席上多保护我
Watch the tape.
看看录像带
Kalinda, close the door. It's me.
凯琳达,把门关上,是我
Cary.
凯里
Cary, this is a mistake.
凯里,这么做不对
Do you want to go back to jail?
你想回监狱去吗
No, I don't.
不,我不想
Then stop screwing around.
那就别乱来
30 feet between us, Cary.
我们之间保持三十英尺的距离
30 feet.
三十英尺
You cannot be here.
你不能在这
No one saw me enter.
没人看到我进来了
And how do you know that?
你怎么知道
Castro wants you in prison.
卡斯特罗想要你进监狱
He could have cops outside.
他可能派了警察在外面
Why do you lie to me?
你为什么对我撒谎
Cary, take this seriously.
凯里,你认真点
I am.
我挺认真的
When I call you, you say you're home,
我打给你的时候,你说你在家
but you're not.
但你没有
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
Because you're with this Fed.
因为你跟那个联邦探员在一起
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Well, you came here to bang me, so come on, let's go.
你是过来朝我开火的,那就来吧
Just...
Just act like you care.
就表现得像你关心一样吧
For 14 days, act like I mean something to you.
十四天,表现得像我对你还很重要
You do.
确实如此
Well, then show me and stop going to her.
那表现给我看,别去找她了
Cary, come on, that's not what this is all about.
凯里,得了吧,那跟这一切无关
We don't do that to each other.
我们互相没有这样的约束
I can't think about anything else.
我不能思考其他的事情
I need to save myself, and all I do
我需要救我自己,而我做的
is picture you in bed with her.
只有想着你和她在床上的画面
Cary, we're not married.
凯里,我们没结婚
We're not even going steady.
我们甚至都没有稳定的关系
But you mean something to me.
但你对我来说很重要
Yes, I know I'm supposed to be a good sport,
是的,我知道我应该有容人之量
but I don't want to be with anyone else.
但我就是不想跟其他人共享
I do.
我想
Okay, well, that solves that.
好吧,那就可以解决了
Thank you and go to hell.
谢谢你,去死吧
Cary, wait.
凯里,等等
Let me check that nobody's outsi...
让我看看有没有人在外面
Jody had a fair hearing.
乔迪受到的是公平的听证会
Most disciplinary sessions last
大部分纪律听证持续的时间
less than an hour.
都不到一小时
Really?
真的吗
And how long did Jody's session last?
而乔迪的听证持续了多久
Five hours over two days.
五小时,两天内开完的
My Goodness. That sounds like
我的天,那在我听起来
due process to me.
就像是法定诉讼程序
Objection. Counselor is testifying.
反对,律师自己在作证
Poorly, too.
而且表现得很糟糕
Do you have anything else to say, Mr. Canning?
你还有其他要说的吗,坎宁先生
Uh, no, I'll just rephrase. If I may.
没有了,我重问一下,如果可以的话
Um, the student judiciary committee
学生司法委员会
has a lot of regulations, right?
有很多的规定,对吗
Yes. We have a detailed manual.
是的,我们有一本详细的守则
That would be this heavy thing right here, right?
就是这里这本厚厚的东西,对吗
That's right. 250 pages.
是的,250页
Uh, it lays out all the rules.
它描述了所有的规则
And is one of the rules that a-a complaining witness like Ms. Milam
其中有规定像米拉姆小姐这样的申诉证人
is entitled to a silent advocate
有权拥有一位禁言律师吗
as long as the person doesn't interfere with the participants?
条件是此律师不干扰涉案人员
That's correct.
是的
Did Mrs. Florrick interfere with the proceedings?
福瑞克夫人干扰到听证过程了吗
Objection. I am not on trial here.
反对,我在这不是来受审的
One second.
等一下
Can you tell us the level of training
你能告诉我们坐上司法评审席
you received to sit on this panel?
你接受过什么级别的训练吗
We all attended a weekend seminar.
我们参加了一周末的研讨会
An entire weekend?
整个周末吗
Objection.
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
We were also provided with training videos.
我们还看了培训视频
And were these training videos specific to sexual assault?
那这些培训视频有针对性骚扰的吗
No.
没有
Were you appointed to this panel, Ms. Booth?
你是被任命到评审席的吗,布斯小姐
No, I volunteered.
不是的,我自愿的
Have you volunteered to get any additional training
你有自愿参加其他
pursuant to sexual assault?
有关性骚扰的培训吗
It wasn't required.
并没有那样的要求
No more questions.
没有其他要问的了
Have you ever served on a jury?
你曾做过陪审团成员吗
Yes. Twice.
有,两次
A murder trial and an embezzlement case.
一次谋杀案和一宗贪污案
Did you have any experience in either of those things?
你在处理这些事情中有过经验吗
No.
没有
Yet you and your fellow jurors
然而你和你的陪审员们
were able to reach a verdict both times?
两次都能达成裁决吗
Yes.
是的
Thank you. I have no further questions.
谢谢,我没有其他要问的了
Ms. Booth,
布斯小姐
at the start of both trials,
在两起审判的最开始
did you receive instruction from the judge?
你是否接受过法官的指导
Yes.
And were both sides able to put up expert witnesses?
双方都可以邀请专业证人吗
Yes.
可以
Prior to the sexual assault hearing for Jody Milam,
在对乔迪·米拉姆小姐性骚扰进行听证前
did you get
你有接受
any direction or instruction?
任何建议或指导吗
No.
没有
Did you call upon any expert witnesses
你有传唤任何专家证人
to clarify any medical findings?
证实任何医学发现吗
No.
没有
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Let's move on to the wire,
我们继续窃听录音的部分
the recording of your wrongdoing.
你违法行为的录音
My alleged wrongdoing.
我被指控的违法行为
Okay, your alleged wrongdoing.
好,你被指控的违法行为
Now, the tape starts...
录音带从
How are you?
你怎么样了
Not good.
不太好
I know; I saw it.
我知道,我看到了
Lawyers make the worst witnesses.
律师是最差的证人
How about you?
你呢
I'm Marie Antoinette.
我可是玛丽·安托瓦内特
Good for you.
真不错
I know you're not asking for advice, but I'm giving it anyway.
我知道你不想问建议,但我还是要给
It's an injustice what's happening to you,
发生在你身上的事是不公正的
but you're lost in the indignation and the anger.
但你在愤怒中迷失了
You can't see past them, and neither will a jury
你不控制它就无法审视他们
if you don't get it under control.
陪审团也就无法看清
Give the jury a chance to find the injustice themselves.
给陪审团机会,让他们自己发现不公正之处
Coming off you, it reads like...
从你口中说出来,感觉好像...
entitlement.
高人一等
Thank you.
谢谢
You'll be great.
你会做得很好的
Have you finished with your good works, Mrs. Florrick?
您的慈善工作完成了没,福瑞克夫人
That pot was dirty, Eli.
壶脏了,伊莱
I spent 15 minutes scrubbing...
我花了15分钟去刷了刷
Okay, sit down.
好吧,坐下
I just spent ten minutes giving someone else advice.
我只是花了十分钟去给别人提了点建议
Don't ever do this again.
别再那么做了
Eli, I went to the soup kitchen
伊莱,我去施粥坊
because I'm sick of thinking about myself.
是因为我不想再纠结自己的那些事情
Mm-hmm. Then think about me.
那就为我想想
Some voters think you're entitled.
有些选民觉得你高人一等
Some voters don't know you yet.
有些还不认识你
You want to do some good? We make a photo op.
你想做好事,我们制造个拍照的机会
That's not doing a good deed.
那不叫做好事
Stop acting like this is about you becoming a better person--
别再一副要变成更好的人的样子了
it's about you appearing like you're a better person.
你只是要看起来像是更好的人
That's what the voters respect-- the image of it.
那才是选民看重的,只是意象
Oh, you think this is counterintuitive?
你觉得这违背常理吗
It is.
它就是
That's why you're bad at this and I'm good.
所以你做不好,而我精于此道
You think reporters want something original?
你以为记者想要原始消息吗
They don't. They want a pre-chewed story.
不是,他们想要的是被人嚼好编好的故事
They want to be forced into a roped-off area
他们想要专注某个确定区域
to get the best picture.
拿到最好的照片
They want me to feed them a line.
他们想要我来糊弄他们
Let me do my job, Alicia.
让我做我的工作,艾丽西娅
I'm good at it.
我很擅长
And if you really want to be a good person,
如果你真的想做个好人
I'll tell you where to send the check.
我会给你地址,让你寄支票
Are we understanding each other?
我们达成理解了吗
You ready, Mr. Agos?
准备好了吗,艾格斯先生
I am. Thank you.
好了,谢谢
Okay. According to your testimony,
好,根据你的证词
your words on that tape were tantamount
你在录音里的谈话等于是在
to you just hanging with the cool kids?
跟一些有范儿的孩子一起玩
Shooting the breeze, killing time?
闲聊一下,杀杀时间
Yes.
是的
And you don't view your actions as criminal?
你不觉得自己的行为是犯罪
No.
不觉得
Or ignorance of such severity that it might as well be criminal?
也没想到会严重到可能犯罪的地步
No.
没想到
Would you care to elaborate?
你愿意详细描述一下吗
No.
不愿意
Hi. I'm heading into court. Anything?
你好,我要上庭去了,有事吗
Yep. I was looking for more girls Troy assaulted.
有,我在找特洛伊骚扰过的别的女孩
I found something much better-- more rapists.
找到了更好的东西,其他强奸案
What?
什么
There's a rape wall on campus.
学校里有面强奸墙
I'm not following.
我没跟上你的话
When a girl gets sexually violated,
有姑娘被迫发生了性关系
she puts up the attacker's name on the wall.
就会把强奸者的名字写在墙上
Okay. But I don't think there's enough time for a class action.
好吧,但我觉得没有时间做集体诉讼了
No. The university is in the process of painting over the wall.
是的,学校正要动手把墙刷干净
Can you get me photos?
你能拍照给我吗
Judge, not only is this so-called "Rape wall" inflammatory,
法官,这墙叫"强奸墙"不仅极具煽动性
it's totally irrelevant.
也完全不相干
He's right, Mrs. Florrick.
他说的对,福瑞克夫人
These names have nothing to do with whether the university
这些名字跟学校否认你当事人的说法
denied your client due process.
是否合法完全无关
I agree, Your Honor.
我同意,法官阁下
Which is why we ask for leave to amend the complaint.
所以我们提出修改诉讼请求
A class action against the university
对学校提起集体诉讼
for creating an unsafe environment.
告他们制造了不安全环境
Mr. Canning?
坎宁先生
One-one second.
稍...稍等
Mr. Bishop.
毕夏普先生
Hello.
你好
What did you find out?
你发现什么了
From Agent Delaney?
从德兰尼探员那里吗
What is she working on?
她在查什么
Am I in danger or not?
我有没有危险
You're not.
你没事
Are you sure?
你确定吗
What is she working on?
她在查什么
White-collar crime.
白领犯罪
I don't believe you.
我不相信你
I need you to do something for me.
我需要你为我做些事
Next time you see Ms. Delaney,
下次你见到德兰尼女士
I want you to put this in her wallet.
我希望你把这个放进她钱包里
Why?
为什么
Because I'm asking.
因为我要求了
Can I ask what it is?
我能问问这是什么吗
No.
不行
Look, Mr. Bishop, I'm telling you the truth.
毕夏普先生,我说的是实话
She's not focusing on you.
她没盯上你
Then put that in her wallet, and we'll be good.
那就把那个放她钱包里,我们就没事了
I apprised the university of the progress of these proceedings,
我向校方通知了诉讼进度
and they gave me this statement.
他们给了我这份声明
Would you like to read it?
你愿意念一下吗
"A random search of Troy Anthony's dorm room
"在对特洛伊·安东尼宿舍的随机检查中
"uncovered a substantial quantity of marijuana."
发现了大量的大麻"
Are you kidding me?
你开玩笑吗
We were surprised.
我们很惊讶
He's such a good kid.
他是个很好的孩子
Keep reading.
继续读
"This, of course, is a gross violation of the code of conduct."
"这当然是对学校规则的严重违反"
A random search, huh?
随机检查,真的吗
Yes.
是的
It happens all the time.
这是常事
"Pursuant to university guidelines,
"依学校指导方针
"Troy Anthony...
特洛伊·安东尼...
"has been expelled, effective immediately."
已被开除,立即生效"
So you see there's no reason for your...
所以现在你们已经没有理由...
lawsuit against Chicago Polytech to proceed.
继续进行对芝加哥理工的诉讼了
Actually, there are 60 reasons--
其实,还有60个理由...
that's how many names are on the rape wall.
强奸墙上有那么多名字
You're running scared. We're just getting started.
你们害怕了,而我们才刚开始
No.
Jody, this is what you wanted.
乔迪,这就是你想要的
Troy's... gone from your life.
特洛伊,从你生命中完全消失了
I'm done.
我到此为止了
When's your operation?
你的手术是什么时候
I don't know.
我不知道
Haven't found a kidney.
我还没找到肾呢
Can I do anything?
我能做什么吗
Yes.
If I die...
如果我死了...
Are you... going to die?
你会...死吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I'd like for you to visit my... wife.
我希望你能常去看看...我妻子
She likes you, and, um...
她喜欢你,而且...
this thing has been hard on her.
这事让她很难过
I will.
我会的
Here you go.
给你
Oh, you need some silverware.
你需要餐具
Here you are.
给你这个
Hi, Ann.
It's good to see you again.
很高兴又见到你了
If you need help with your housing application later,
如果你之后需要帮忙做住房申请
I'll have time. I'd be happy to help.
我有时间,很乐意帮忙
Come on, Ann, let's, uh, get you some salad.
来吧,安,给你拿点沙拉
The governor's wife spent time today
州长夫人在圣保罗大教堂的施粥坊
at St. Paul's Cathedral's food kitchen--
度过了今天
and she was quite a hit.
她非常受欢迎
In related news, incumbent State's Attorney James Castro
相关新闻,现任州检察官詹姆士·卡斯特罗
announced today he was withdrawing from the race--
今天宣布退出竞选
this as newsman Frank Prady announced he would be...
以及新闻记者弗兰克·普拉迪宣布他要...
Well, thanks again, everyone,
再次感谢各位
for your patience these last few days.
谢谢你们最近几天的耐心
I do want to ask you one more time
我还想再问你们一次
about your feelings toward Alicia Florrick.
有关艾丽西娅·福瑞克的看法
Look, I've been all over the place about her,
我一直在关注她
and I'm still not thrilled that she's with her husband,
我还是不喜欢她跟丈夫坚持婚姻
but... I like her.
但...我喜欢她
I think she seems to care.
我觉得她很有心
Not bad, huh?
不错,对吧
Not bad.
不错
Now we just have to beat Prady.
现在我们只需要打败普拉迪了
Tell me what to do.
告诉我要做什么
You're not leaving, are you?
你不是要走,对吧
No.
不是
That's good.
很好

重点单词   查看全部解释    
obsessed [əb'sest]

想一想再看

adj. 着迷的

联想记忆
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
manual ['mænjuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 手工的,体力的
n. 手册,指南,键

联想记忆
interrupt [.intə'rʌpt]

想一想再看

v. 打断,打扰,中止,中断
n. [计算机]

联想记忆
definition [.defi'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定义,阐释,清晰度

联想记忆
overturn [.əuvə'tə:n]

想一想再看

v. 推翻,颠覆
n. 倾覆,打翻,革命

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
jail [dʒeil]

想一想再看

n. 监牢,监狱,拘留所
vt. 监禁,下狱

 
deputy ['depjuti]

想一想再看

adj. 代理的,副的
n. 代表,副手

联想记忆
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。