手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

如何利用好奇心成就自我?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

So I think that curiosity is a highly undervalued phenomenon if you will

我认为好奇是一种被人们大大低估了的现象

because you can't really always explain it.

因为有些时候你无法解释好奇心

Sure there are some base things that we're curious about.

当然了 我们会对一些很基础的事情感到好奇

We're curious about eating. We're curious around other people.

我们会对吃好奇 对其他人好奇

But sometimes we're curious about things that we just can't explain to ourselves.

但有时候我们会对一些自己都解释不清的事感到好奇

And that's something that we shouldn't underestimate

这一点我们不应轻视

because that is a force that draws us into the world unlike any other.

因为这是一股能让我们异于他人的力量

210.png

You can't fake curiosity.

好奇心是无法伪装的

If you're curious about something you're curious about it and that's it

如果你对某事感到好奇 那你就是对它好奇 仅此而已

and it doesn't require any more explanation.

这无需过多解释

But I do think that it requires significantly more investigation.

但我觉得它还需要更多调查

So if you're curious about a subject matter or a project or a problem in the world or something like that

如果你对某个主题、某个项目或世界上的某个问题等感到好奇

I think it's our responsibility to figure out how we can cultivate that curiosity, right.

就应该搞清楚要如何培养这种好奇心

In an all or nothing world I feel like a lot of times we immediately

在这个孤注一掷的世界上 很多时候

set this expectation that we have to become an expert in everything, right.

我们很快就会建立要成为全能型人才的预期

And I think that that sets us up for failure.

这只会让我们走向失败

We have to have a lot of knowledge or no knowledge at all.

我们必须要学富五车或者干脆一无所知

But our curiosity is simply the needle in our inner compass pointing towards something.

但我们的好奇心就像是内心指南针里的那根针 它会指向某个方向

And compasses aren't, don't point true north, right.

但指南针并非永远都指向正北方

So essentially it's up to us to figure out what that curiosity actually is.

所以说到底 我们要自己弄清楚我们的好奇心到底是什么

So how do we cultivate our curiosity practically?

那应该如何有效地培养自己的好奇心呢?

The best way that I found is through sprints.

我觉得最好的方式就是短期目标

And sprints are essentially self-contained micro goals.

短期目标是其实是独立的小目标

And they're structured to be less than 30 days long, so ideally a week or two.

它们一般都不超过30天 最好是一两周

They have no barrier to entry so you don't have to wait for anybody or anything.

它们没有进入壁垒 所以你无需等任何人或任何事

You can get started today and they have to have a clearly defined set of tasks or actions so you can get started.

你可以今天就开始 必须要设定明确清晰的任务和行动

These sprints will allow you to cultivate your curiosity

这些短期目标能培养你的好奇心

because you'll focus on one small aspect of something that could be significantly larger.

因为你会专注于某件大事的一个小方面

And then once you're done with that sprint you can take a step back and see what did that sprint teach you.

等你的短期目标完成后 可以后退一步 看看这个小目标教会了你什么

What exactly were you curious about.

你真正好奇的到底是什么

Are you still curious about this or did all of a sudden your curiosity shift.

你还对它感到好奇吗 还是说突然间你就不感兴趣了

So essentially through sprints you're able to learn very specific goals.

通过短期目标 你可以学到非常具体的目标

A, which is great if you are curious about cooking, for example.

A 这很好 比如说 如果你对烹饪比较好奇

Maybe you learn knife skills and in that process you start learning more about cooking.

或许你学会了使用刀具 在这个过程中 你会对烹饪更加了解

But you still have the knife skills even if you walk away from that project all together.

即便你从此不再碰这一行 你也有刀具技能傍身

Sprints are really great because they allow us to try things on for size without wasting a lot of time and energy.

短期目标特别棒 它能让我们量力而行 还不会浪费时间和精力

And they allow us to build over time on these curiosities.

它会让我们慢慢强化这些好奇心

You can take one sprint and then follow it with another sprint and another sprint

你可以设定一个短期目标 然后紧跟着另一个 以此类推

and those sprints will change depending on what you learn along the way.

这些短期目标会根据你所学的东西出现变化

So that way you can take something very big and seemingly overwhelming

这样你就可以把看似难以完成的大事

and break it down into very actionable steps.

分解成切实可行的小步骤

重点单词   查看全部解释    
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
defined [di'faind]

想一想再看

adj. 有定义的,确定的;清晰的,轮廓分明的 v. 使

 
overwhelming ['əuvə'welmiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 势不可挡的,压倒的

 
barrier ['bæriə]

想一想再看

n. 界线,屏障,栅栏,障碍物

 
underestimate ['ʌndər'estimeit]

想一想再看

n. 低估
v. 低估

联想记忆
needle ['ni:dl]

想一想再看

n. 针
vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄

 
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
cultivate ['kʌltiveit]

想一想再看

vt. 培养,耕作,栽培,结交(朋友), 促进增长,教养

联想记忆
explanation [.eksplə'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解释,说明

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。