手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

一起制作种子日历!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh! Hi everyone. This year we’re going to grow a garden in my backyard!

噢! 大家好。今年我们要在后院种一个菜园!

Squeaks and I were just looking through our seeds!

吱吱和我在逐一查看我们的种子!

Right! There are a lot of different looking seeds.

对! 有很多看起来不同的种子。

Sometimes it can be hard to tell what kind of plant a little, tiny seed will grow into.

有时候,很难判断一颗小小的种子会长成什么样的植物。

But we can find clues in how the seed looks.

但我们可以从种子的外观中找到线索。

These are bean seeds. See how they are big and shiny?

这些是豆籽。看到它们有多大多亮了吗?

And these are radish seeds. They are really tiny and round.

这些是萝卜籽。它们真的又小又圆。

Those are tomato seeds! They are also tiny, but notice how their shape is more flat compared to the radish seeds?

那些是番茄籽!它们也很小,但注意到它们的形状比萝卜籽更平了吗?

Hold on Squeaks! I am excited too. But it's still pretty cold outside.

等等,吱吱!我也很兴奋。但是外面还是很冷的。

We have to plant these each at the right time and in the right place to make sure they get the best chance at growing big and strong.

我们必须在正确的时间和正确的地点种植这些植物,以确保它们有最好的机会长得更高更茁壮。

Every plant lives in a habitat.

每种植物都生活在一个栖息地里。

Sometimes, we talk about how animals come from different habitats. The same is true for plants!

有时,我们谈论动物是如何从不同的生长环境出生的。植物也是如此!

A habitat is a place where plants and animals live.

生长环境是动植物生活的地方。

In their habitat, they can find everything they need to survive and grow.

在生长环境中,它们可以找到生存和生长所需的一切。

Some habitats are cold, while some are hot. Some are very dry, and others get lots of rain or snow. Some are even under water!

有些生长环境很冷,有些则很热。有些非常干燥,有些则多雨雪。有些甚至被水淹没了!

In other words, there are many different kinds of plants, and they can live in very different places.

换句话说,有许多不同种类的植物,它们可以生活在非常不同的地方。

Depending on a seed’s habitat, it might have very different needs to grow.

种子的生长环境不同,生长需求也不同。

You’re right! All plants need water and sunlight to grow.

对!所有的植物都需要水和阳光才能生长。

But how much and when can be different for each one.

但每次需要的数量与时间都有所不同。

The temperature is also very important.

温度也是非常重要的。

Some plants come from hot habitats. So they need the air and ground to be warm.

有些植物在炎热的环境中生长。因此,它们需要空气和地面保持温暖。

Their seeds won’t start to grow until the soil is warm enough.

在土壤足够温暖之前,种子不会开始生长。

When thinking about planting seeds it can also be helpful to know if the plant it grows into is perennial or annual.

当考虑播种时,知道植物是多年生植物还是一年生植物是有帮助的。

Perennial plants are plants that can live for a long time.

多年生植物是能活很长时间的植物。

They come back season after season, like a tree.

它们如同一棵树一样,一季又一季地恢复原状、再次生长。

Have you ever seen tulips pop up from the ground as winter turns to spring?

你见过冬去春来时郁金香从地里冒出来吗?

They were already planted in the soil during winter, and when spring came, they started to grow!

郁金香在冬天已经种在土壤里了,春天来了,它们就开始生长了!

Most plants that we grow in veggie gardens are annual plants. They have to be replanted every year.

我们在菜园里种植的大多数植物都是一年生植物。它们每年都要重新种植。

And when they get planted, some of them grow really fast, and some take a bit longer to get big and strong.

当播下种子时,其中一些生长得非常快,而一些则需要更长的时间才能变得更高大更茁壮。

We have to make sure that there is enough time for our plants to finish growing before it gets cold again in the fall and winter.

我们必须确保有足够的时间让我们的植物在秋季和冬季再次变冷之前完成生长。

Yes, there is a lot to consider, Squeaks!

是的,有很多事情要考虑,吱吱!

So let’s think about how we can keep track of what we need to do.

因此,让我们思考一下如何追踪我们需要做的事情。

Do you know what I think we need?

你知道我觉得我们需要什么吗?

I think what we might need to track all these instructions is a calendar.

我认为我们可能需要一份日历来追踪记录所有这些操作指南。

But first, we need to learn what each of our seeds needs to grow.

但首先,我们需要了解每一颗种子需要什么才能生长。

Lucky thing our friend Juniper the Earthworm, the Fort’s gardener, said she’d stop by to help us make a seed calendar today!

幸运的是,我们的朋友,蚯蚓朱尼珀,堡垒的园丁,说她今天会过来帮我们做一个种子日历!

Here she comes now!

她来了!

Hi gang!

嗨,伙计们!

Hi Juniper! We’re excited to plant these seeds, but we’re having a little trouble figuring out when we should start… can you help us?

嗨,朱尼珀!我们很高兴能播下这些种子,但我们在想何时应该启动时遇到了一些麻烦,你能帮我们吗?

I’d love to. I absolutely love helping plants grow.

我很愿意。我非常喜欢帮助植物生长。

So, we need to know what the last frost date is for our area.

我们需要知道我们地区的最后一次霜冻日期是什么时候。

The last frost date?

最后一次霜冻的日期?

That’s right! A frost is when the temperature is so low, that the ground and other things outside can freeze.

对! 霜冻是指气温很低,以至于地面和外面的其他东西都会结冰的状态。

You might see ice on the leaves and grass outside, or on car windshields. And that can hurt many plants.

你可能会在外面的树叶和草地上看到冰,或者在汽车的挡风玻璃上看到冰。这可能会伤害许多植物。

In winter there might be a frost every night.

冬天可能每晚都有霜冻。

But as we get closer to spring, there will eventually be a time when it isn’t very likely for it to freeze anymore.

但随着我们越来越接近春天,最终会有一段时间,它不太可能再结冰了。

That’s called the last frost date!

这就是最后一次霜冻日期!

The last frost can be a different day for different places.

对于不同的地方,最后一次霜冻可能不是同一天。

Every plant has to be planted either before or after the last frost for your area.

每一种植物都必须在你所在地区的最后一次霜冻之前或之后种植。

So let’s see what you have here - Oh, radishes, yum!

让我们看看你这里有什么--哦,萝卜,好吃!

These need to be planted in the ground about 6 weeks before the last frost. They like when it’s a little chilly.

这些需要在最后一次霜冻前6周左右种植在地里。他们喜欢天气有点冷的时候播种。

But these beans need to be warmer. They should be planted after the last frost.

但这些豆子需要热点的时候播种。它们应该在最后一次霜冻后种植。

Some plants, like tomatoes, come from places that have very long, warm growing seasons.

有些植物,比如西红柿,来自生长季节很长、很温暖的地方。

So they need lots of time to grow!

所以他们需要大量的时间来成长!

In cooler places, like where we live, they need to be planted in pots inside at least 6 weeks before the last frost.

在凉爽的地方,比如我们居住的地方,它们需要在最后一次霜冻前至少6周内种植在花盆里。

After the last frost, you can transplant, or move them from their pots into the ground outside.

在最后一次霜冻后,你可以移植它们,或者把它们从花盆里移到外面的地里。

Wow! How did you learn so much about plants, Juniper?

哇! 你是怎么学到这么多关于植物的知识的,朱尼珀?

Well, I’ve read a lot of books and practiced with a lot of seeds to learn what I know, but also, it helps to look at the back of the seed packets.

嗯,我读了很多书,用大量的种子练习来学习我所知道的,但看看种子包装袋的背面也很有帮助。

Seed packets usually have instructions on how and when to plant the seeds.

种子包装通常有关于如何以及何时播种的说明。

Okay, Squeaks. Now we have enough information to start working on our calendar.

好了,吱吱。现在我们有了足够的信息来开始我们的日历工作。

The first thing we need to do is mark our last frost date.

我们需要做的第一件事是标记我们的最后一次霜冻日期。

Then we can count the weeks backward to find when to plant our first seeds!

然后我们可以倒数几周,找出什么时候播种我们的第一颗种子!

The last frost date for the Fort should be around May 15th… right here.

堡垒的最后一次霜冻日期应该是5月15日左右,就在这里。

But, remember! Different places have different last frost dates.

但是,记住!不同的地方最后一次霜冻的时间不一样。

You can have your grown-ups help you look up the last frost for where you are.

你可以让家长帮你找找你现在所处的位置。

Okay, so what do we need to do next, Squeaks?

好的,那么我们下一步要做什么,吱吱?

That’s right - count six weeks back. One… two… three… four… five… and six!

没错--往前数6周。一、二、三、四、五、六!

Wow! You’re right, Squeaks.

哇! 没错,吱吱。

We don’t have a lot of time to get these in the ground!

把这些东西埋进地里,我们时间不够!

Let’s plant these, and then we’ll see what the other seeds need!

让我们种下这些种子,然后我们再看看其他种子需要什么!

Thanks for starting the garden with us, Juniper!

谢谢你和我们一起开始打理菜园,杜松柏!

Of course! I’m so excited for you both!

当然了! 我真为你们两个感到高兴!

Growing your own garden can be difficult, but it feels amazing to see seeds that you planted grow into beautiful plants!

种植自己的菜园可能很困难,但看到播下的种子长成美丽的植物,感觉很神奇!

And thank you for watching this episode of SciShow Kids!

感谢你收看本期的《少儿科学秀》节目!

You can ask a grown-up to help send questions to us.

你可以请一位家长帮忙把问题发送给我们。

They can get started at pateron.com/scishowkids.

可以从pateron.com/scishowkids开始给我们发送。

And thank you all for joining us here at the Fort!

感谢你们所有人观看我们堡垒的节目!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
habitat ['hæbitæt]

想一想再看

n. (动植物的)产地,栖息地

联想记忆
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 
perennial [pə'reniəl]

想一想再看

adj. 四季不断的,继续多年的,永久的 n. 多年生植

联想记忆
calendar ['kæləndə]

想一想再看

n. 日历,月历,日程表
vt. 把 ...

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。