手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

如何设计一个火星车?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there! We were just playing with Squeaks’ remote control car!

嘿! 我们只是在玩吱吱的遥控车!

Say…I noticed that your car has really big tires.

我注意到你的车轮胎特别大。

I don’t remember them being so big when we bought it.

我不记得我们买的时候有这么大。

Ah-ha! I’m glad you noticed.

啊哈! 我很高兴你注意到了。

The car had a little trouble going over bumpy spots on the ground.

遥控车在经过地面上凹凸不平的地方时有点困难。

So Squeaks and I thought about things we could do to fix that problem.

我和吱吱想了想我们能做些什么来解决这个问题。

And we worked together to find an answer.

我们一起努力寻找答案。

It took a couple of tries … but we found that the bigger tires help a lot!

我们试了几次,我们发现大一点的轮胎帮助很大!

What a great solution!

多么好的解决方案啊!

I had no idea that you and Squeaks were such great engineers.

我不知道你和吱吱是这么优秀的工程师。

Oh, an engineer is someone who identifies problems, and then designs ways to solve them.

噢,工程师就是发现问题、设计方法解决问题的人。

And that’s exactly what you and Sam did!

你和萨姆就是这么做的!

In fact, remember how we were talking about the Mars rovers?

事实上,还记得我们是怎么说火星车的吗?

The remote control vehicles that we use to study Mars?

我们用来研究火星的遥控车?

Well, engineers once solved a problem really similar to yours!

工程师们曾经解决过一个和你的问题非常相似的问题!

Engineers noticed that the wheels on the rover Curiosity were starting to wear out faster than they expected.

工程师们注意到“好奇号”火星车的轮子磨损的速度比预期的要快。

That’s because the surface of Mars is super rough and bumpy.

这是因为火星表面非常粗糙不平。

So when they were designing the next Mars rover, Perseverance, they made some changes to the design and added new wheels that were bigger and thicker.

当他们设计下一个火星车“毅力号”时,他们对设计做了一些改变,新增了更大更厚的轮子。

And engineers are always thinking of ways to make their designs even better.

工程师们总是在想办法让他们的设计变得更好。

Especially for things like Mars rovers, since we still have lots of things we want to learn about Mars.

尤其是像火星车这样的东西,因为我们仍然有很多关于火星的东西想要了解。

We’d like to send even more rovers to help us study it.

我们想要发射更多的火星车来帮助我们研究火星。

Let’s be engineers today and design our own Mars rovers!

让我们今天成为工程师,设计我们自己的火星车!

Okay! Great! The first thing we need to do is to think about what things we want our rover to do.

好!太棒了! 我们需要做的第一件事是考虑我们希望我们的火星车做什么。

Let’s each think of one thing!

让我们每人想一件事!

Okay — let’s share our ideas!

好吧,让我们分享我们的想法吧!

Mars is super cold compared to Earth. So I think the rover should be able to keep itself warm so the tools on board don’t freeze.

与地球相比,火星超级冷。所以我认为火星车应该能够保温,这样车上的工具就不会结冰。

Ah, cool idea!

啊,好主意!

What’s your idea, Squeaks?

吱吱,你有什么想法?

Squeaks says he thinks the Rover should be able to drive really fast so it can cover a lot of area every day.

吱吱说,他认为火星车应该能开得非常快,这样它每天就可以行走很多区域。

Oooh, that’s a good idea.

哦,这是个好主意。

How about your idea, Sam?

萨姆,你的主意怎么样?

I think the Rover should be able to help figure out why the dirt on Mars is red.

我认为火星车应该能够帮助弄清楚为什么火星上的泥土是红色的。

Ooh, I like that idea, too!

哦,我也喜欢这个主意!

Let’s use that as our problem.

我们用它作为我们的问题。

How can the rover help scientists figure out why the dirt is red?

火星车如何帮助科学家弄清楚为什么泥土是红色的?

Okay, it’s time to use our imaginations!

好了,是时候发挥我们的想象力了!

Let’s split up and each come up with a design to solve this problem!

让我们分开行动,每个人想出一个方案来解决这个问题!

Grab a pencil and paper, and I’ll meet you back here in a little while!

拿上笔和纸,我一会儿回来找你们!

Sounds good!

听起来不错!

Alright, now for my favorite part: Sharing ideas!

好,现在是我最喜欢的部分: 分享想法!

Sam, why don’t you go first?

山姆,你先来吧?

I think we can find out why the dirt is red by looking at it more closely.

我想我们可以通过仔细观察来找出泥土是红色的原因。

So my rover has tools on board like magnifying glasses and microscopes that can help us see things better.

我的火星车上有放大镜和显微镜等工具,可以帮助我们更好地观察事物。

I love this design!

我喜欢这个设计!

How about you, Squeaks?

吱吱,你呢?

Oh! Squeaks says the rover should be able to taste the dirt. Maybe it has a flavor that makes it red! So he’s included a tool that acts like a robotic tongue!

哦! 吱吱说火星车应该能尝到泥土的味道。也许泥土有一种让它变红的味道! 所以他加入了一个像机器舌头一样的工具!

That’s awesome!

太棒了!

How about your design, Jessi?

杰西,你的设计怎么样?

Oh, well, I think that the Rover should be able to bring back some dirt to Earth so scientists can study it up close.

哦,好吧,我认为火星车应该能够带回一些泥土到地球上,这样科学家就可以近距离研究了。

So my Rover has a scoop that it can use to dig up some dirt!

我的火星车有一个铲子,它可以用来挖一些土!

Whoa, that’s a great idea, Jessi!

哇,真是个好主意,杰西!

Thank you!

谢谢!

Wow, we came up with three different ways to solve the problem.

哇,我们想出了三种不同的方法来解决这个问题。

That’s exactly what engineers do!

这正是工程师的工作!

If we were really going to try out any of these ideas to send them to Mars, our next step would be to build a model.

如果我们真的要尝试这些想法,把它们送到火星上,我们的下一步就是建立一个模型。

Engineers and scientists use models to see how well their solutions work.

工程师和科学家使用模型来观察他们解决方案的效果。

So, for example, we might build a model rover with a robotic tongue, like yours, Squeaks.

比如,我们可以造一个带有机器人舌头的火星车模型,就像你的一样,吱吱。

Then we would try it out somewhere on Earth that’s a little like Mars, like the desert.

然后我们会在地球上某个有点像火星的地方进行试验,比如沙漠。

If that worked well for helping us learn about the dirt on Earth, it would probably work well on Mars, too.

如果这种方法能很好地帮助我们了解地球上的泥土,那么它在火星上可能也会很有效。

So we’d add it to our design.

所以我们把它添加到我们的设计中。

You can think like an engineer, too!

你也可以像工程师一样思考!

All you need to do is to come up with a problem to solve.

你所需要做的就是想出一个问题来解决。

Then imagine a way to solve it … and draw out your design!

然后想象一个解决它的方法,然后画出你的设计!

Have more than one idea? Then you can make more than one design.

有不止一个想法? 可以做不止一种设计。

Oh, I think I have another idea!

哦,我想我又有一个想法!

Awesome! Let go and make some more designs!

太棒了! 放手去做更多的设计吧!

Thanks to our partner, the Museum of Science, for collaborating with us on this episode of SciShow Kids.

感谢我们的合作伙伴“科学博物馆”与我们合作制作本期《少儿科学秀》。

Are you interested in exploring Mars in your own Mars Rover?

你有兴趣用自己的火星车探索火星吗?

Mission: Mars on Roblox from the Museum of Science gives you that opportunity!

“科学博物馆”的《Roblox火星任务》给了你这样的机会!

You can discover the wonders of Mars as you build a rover, explore massive canyons, and search for ice in this exciting experience, designed using scientific data from NASA.

当你使用美国宇航局的科学数据设计,在激动人心的体验中,建造火星车,探索大峡谷,寻找冰水时,你会发现火星奇迹。

Thanks again to the Museum of Science, and thanks for joining us today here at the Fort. See ya!

再次感谢“科学博物馆”,感谢大家今天在沃斯堡参加我们的活动。再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
curiosity [.kjuəri'ɔsiti]

想一想再看

n. 好奇,好奇心

联想记忆
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆
flavor ['fleivə]

想一想再看

n. 滋味,香料,风格
vt. 加味于

 
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
perseverance [.pə:si'viərəns]

想一想再看

n. 毅力,忍耐,不屈不挠

联想记忆
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
scoop [sku:p]

想一想再看

n. 铲子,舀取,独家新闻,一勺,穴
vt.

联想记忆
solution [sə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。