手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 远大前程 > 正文

有声读物《远大前程》 第17期:第3章 给匹普的一次机会(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Do you wish to see Miss Havisham?she asked.

你想见郝薇香小姐吗?她问道。
If Miss Havisham wishes to see me,answered Mr Pumblechook,a little confused.
如果郝薇香小姐想见我,潘波趣先生有点慌乱地说。
Ah!said the girl,but you see,she doesn't.
噢!那女孩说,可是,你明白,她不想见你。
Mr Pumblechook dared not protest but he whispered angrily to me before he turned away,Boy!
潘波趣先生不敢坚持主张,但是,他在返回之前,恶狠狠地小声对我讲:孩子!
Behave well here and re-member those who brought you up by hand!
在这儿要规矩点,记住是谁亲手把你养大!
I thought he would come back and call through the gate,And sixteen?but he did not.
我想他会回来,通过门缝喊,加16?但是,他没有这样做。
The young lady took me through the untidy garden to the house.
那个年轻的小姐领着我穿过一座不整洁的花园来到这所房子。
Although she called me boy,she was the same age as me,
尽管她叫我孩子,她的年纪和我一样大,
but she seemed much older than me.
可是,看上去她比我还大点。
She was beautiful,and as proud as a queen.
她长得很漂亮,却像王后一样傲慢。
We went through many dark passages until we reached a door,where she left me,taking her candle with her.
我们穿过了几条漆黑的过道,才来到了一个房间门口,在这儿她带蜡烛离开了我。
I knocked at the door and was told to enter.I found myself in a large room,
我敲了敲门,里面叫我进去。我发现自己在一个大房间里,
where the curtains were closed to allow no daylight in,and the candles were lit.
这里的窗帘关得紧紧的,不让一缕日光透进来,但点着很多蜡烛。
In the centre of the room,sitting at a table,was the strangest lady I have ever seen,or shall ever see.
在屋子的中央,桌子旁坐着的是一位我从没有见过而且将不会再见到的,特别奇怪的夫人。
She was wearing a wedding dress made of rich material.She had a bride's flowers in her hair,
她穿着一身由高级材料做的结婚礼服,头上戴着新娘花朵,
but her hair was white.
但她已是满头银发了。
There were suitcases full of dresses and Jewels around her,ready for a journey.
她周围有些衣箱及珠宝,像似准备旅行。
She only had one white shoe on.
她只穿着一只白鞋,
Then I realized that over the years the white wedding dress had become yellow,and the flowers in her hair had died,
这时我才辨认出来,这么多年来白色的结婚礼服已经变黄了,头上戴的花朵已经干瘪了,
and the bride inside the dress had grown old.Everything in the room was ancient and dying.
新娘已经老了。屋里的一切都显得既古老又死气沉沉的。
The only brightness in the room was in her dark old eyes,that stared at me.
在屋子里仅有一光点是她那双黑色的老眼,瞪着我。

关于《远大前程》

然后用杀人罪和女儿的前途作威胁,因为杀人犯的女儿理应也被关进监狱,结果律师成功地让那逃犯的妻子老老实实地为他做了20几年的奴隶。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
candle ['kændl]

想一想再看

n. 蜡烛

 
protest [prə'test]

想一想再看

n. 抗议,反对,声明
v. 抗议,反对,申明

联想记忆
untidy [ʌn'taidi]

想一想再看

adj. 不整齐的,懒散的

 
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。