手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第9期:出色的产品(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So you have a choice in a startup.

开始创业时大家可能面临一个问题
The best thing of all worlds would be to build a product that a lot of people will really love.
当然,每个人都想自己的产品能让多数人钟爱
In practice you can't usually do that because of big company.
但实际上,由于各种大公司的存在,这是很难实现的
If there's an opportunity like that, Google or Facebook will do it.
如果有这样的机会,可能谷歌或者脸书这样的大公司就先你一步了
So there's like a limit to the area under the curve of
所以大家看这里的曲线
what you can build and you can either build something that lot of users like a little bit
大家能够开发的产品是受限制的要么是大量用户知道,但忠诚度一般
or you can build something that a small number of users love a lot.
要么是受小部分用户钟爱
And, like, the total amount of love is the same,
用户的 “爱”的总量是一定的
it's just a question of how it's distributed.
差别就在于是如何分布的
And there's like this law of conservation of
这说的就是
how much happiness you can put into the world with the first product of a startup.
通过第一款产品能够创造的用户喜爱度的守恒定律

创业与企业发展

And so startups always struggle with which of those two they should go

一般创业者都要面临这样的选择
And they seem equal, right, cuz the area under the curve is the same.
两条曲线看起来差不多,线下面积几乎是相等的
But we've seen this time and again that they're not.
但我们说过了,它们实际并不相同
And that it's so much easier to expand.
有的更容易扩展市场
Once you've got something that some people love,
如果产品受到小部分顾客钟爱
you can expand that something that a lot of other people love.
就可能发展为很多消费者都钟爱的产品
But if you only get ambivalence or sort of like weak enthusiasm.
但如果只有雄心和不足的热情
And then try to expand that, you'll never get up to a lot of people loving it.
从这个基础上扩展市场,很难实现让很多人钟爱你的产品
So the advice is, uh, find a small group of users and make them really love what you're doing.
所以,大家要把目标群体定位在小部分消费者上,使自己的产品紧密贴合他们的兴趣
Does that make sense?
现在大家懂了吗?
All right.
I'm, I'm, one way that you know when this is working is that you'll get growth by word of mouth.
扩展市场的一种方法就是靠顾客口碑,口耳相传
If you make something people love people will tell their friends about it.
如果你的产品得到了消费者的肯定,他们肯定会向自己的朋友介绍
This works for consumer products and enterprise products, as well.
不管是消费性产品还是企业产品,都是一样的
When people really love something,
当人们真正喜欢一件事物的时候
they tell their friends about it and you'll see organic growth.
一定会推荐给自己的朋友,这样你的市场就扩大了
If you find yourself talking about how it's okay that you're not growing because there's a big partnership
如果你因为自己的合伙人资金雄厚或者其他原因
that's gonna come save you or something like that,
而对产品的慢速增长置之不理
it's almost always a sign of real trouble.
是会非常危险的
Sales and marketing are really important, and we're gonna have two classes on them later.
市场营销确实很重要,之后我们有两次课要介绍这个
But if you don't have some early organic growth,
但如果市场无法扩大
then your product probably isn't good enough yet.
原因就在于产品不够出色
A great product is the secret to long term growth hacking.
好产品始终是市场扩大的秘诀
You should get that right before you worry about anything else.
在解决其他问题之前,先把产品这一关把握好了
It doesn't get easier to put off making a great product.
如果开发优质产品延后,其他工作也会举步维艰
If you try to build a growth machine before you have a product that some people really love,
如果你还没有好产品,就已经在规划扩展蓝图
you're almost certainly gonna waste your time.
就是在浪费时间
Breakout companies almost always have a product that's so good that it grows by word of mouth.
看各种迅速发展起来的公司,它们的产品一般都是靠消费者传播口碑的
Over the long run great products win.
时间一长,产品的优势就体现出来了
Don't worry about your competitors raising a lot of money and what they may do in the future.
所以就算你的竞争公司融资很多,或者对未来有什么规划,你都不需担忧
They probably aren't very good anyway.
可能他们的产品并不怎样
Very few startups die from competition.
很少有新公司是因为竞争而倒闭的
Most die because they themselves fail to make something users love.
绝大多数公司是因为把时间用在了无用的地方
They spend their time on other things.
而生产不出让消费者钟爱的产品,才办不下去了
So worry about this above all else.
所以大家最需要考虑的问题就是好产品

重点单词   查看全部解释    
enterprise ['entəpraiz]

想一想再看

n. 企业,事业,谋划,进取心

联想记忆
enthusiasm [in'θju:ziæzəm]

想一想再看

n. 热情,热心;热衷的事物

联想记忆
curve [kə:v]

想一想再看

n. 曲线,弯曲,弧线,弯曲物
vt.

 
expand [iks'pænd]

想一想再看

v. 增加,详述,扩展,使 ... 膨胀,
v

联想记忆
organic [ɔ:'gænik]

想一想再看

adj. 器官的,有机的,根本的,接近自然的

 
conservation [.kɔnsə:'veiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 保存,防止流失,守恒,保护自然资源

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
ambivalence [æm'biveiləns]

想一想再看

n. 矛盾情绪,矛盾心理

联想记忆
competition [kɔmpi'tiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 比赛,竞争,竞赛

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。