手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第51期:修路人的奇遇(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

There was still nothing moving on the road when I started work.

开始工作了,路上仍然没有什么动静。
After some time I was getting hot, and I was beginning to count the hours until evening,
过了一会儿,我觉得越来越热,开始一小时一小时地数时间,直到傍晚,
when I heard a voice, and saw a young man in a small car looking at me.
这时突然听到声音,看到小汽车里坐着个年轻人正在看着我。
'Are you Alexander Turnbull? 'he said. ' I'm the new Road Inspector.
"您是亚历山大·特恩布尔吗?"他问我。"我是道路视察员。
You're doing these edges well, but there's a soft place about a kilometre down the hill.
这些路沿,您修得很好,不过山下大约一公里处有个地方泛松。
Don't forget that, will you? Good day now. '
别忘了修一修,好不好?再见吧。"
Clearly, the Inspector thought I was the roadman.
显而易见,这位视察员把我当作那个修路工了。
As time passed, one or two other cars came along the road, and I bought some biscuits from a travelling shop.
时间一点点过着,一两辆汽车在路上驶过,我又从流动商店里买了点饼干。
Finally, a big car stopped and two men got out and walked towards me.
最后一辆大卡车停下来,跳下两个人向我走来。
I had seen them before-from the window of the hotel.
以前我见过他们--从旅店的窗户里。
The fatter of the two looked at me with sharp bright eyes.
那个胖点的瞪着一双犀利而明亮的眼睛望着我。
'Good morning, 'he said. 'That's an easy job you've got there. '
"早晨好,"他说。"您在这儿找了份儿轻闲差事啊。"


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。