手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 织工马南(第4级) > 正文

织工马南 第75期:西拉斯找到了他的"金子"(9)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

He walked up and down in the snow, for what seemed like hours.

他在外面走来走去,觉得大概过了几个小时。
He knew he should tell the truth about the woman and the child,
他知道他应当讲出关于女人和孩子的实情,
but he could not make himself do what he knew was right.
可他怎么也不能让自己去做应当做的事。
'Is she dead? 'the voice inside his head asked. 'If she is, I can marry Nancy.
"她死了吗?"他的脑子里有个声音在问。"如果她死了,我就能娶南茜了,
And then I'll be good, and have no more secrets.
我一定要变好,不再做见不得人的事,
And I'll make sure the child is taken care of, of course.
而且我一定会好好照料孩子的,一定会。"
When Dr Kimble came out of the cottage, Godfrey tried to speak calmly.
金布尔大夫出来的时候,戈弗雷尽可能平静地说
I thought I'd wait to see…'he began.
我想我应当等在这儿看看……
'Oh, there was no need for you to come.
"噢,你不必亲自来,
Why didn't you send one of the men to fetch Dolly?
怎么不派别人去接多莉?
The woman's dead, I'm afraid. She's very thin, and looks very poor.
我想那女人已经死了。她很瘦弱,看来很穷,
But she's got a wedding ring on. She'll be buried tomorrow.
却戴着个结婚戒指。明天给她下葬。"
'I'll just have a look at her, 'said Godfrey quickly. '
"我得看她一眼,"戈弗雷很快地说,"
I think I saw a woman on the road yesterday with a child.
我昨天在路上看见了一个抱孩子的女人,
Perhaps it was her. 'And he ran into the cottage.
也许就是她。"说着他跑进了小屋。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。