Royer must leave for Portsmouth by eleven o'clock.
因为罗耶必须在十一点离开去朴次茅斯。
Then the door opened again and the First Sea Lord came out.
门又开了,第一海军大臣走出来。
He walked past me, and in passing he looked at me and for a second I looked into his eyes.
他走过我身边,顺便看了我一眼,同时我也盯着他的眼睛看了一下。
It was only for a second, but my heart jumped.
就看了那么一下,我的心就剧跳起来。
The First Sea Lord had never seen me before, but in his eyes I saw that he recognized me.
这位第一海军大臣以前根本没有见过我,但从他的眼神里我知道他已经认出了我。
Then he passed me and was out of the door into the street.
他从我身边走过,出了门走上大街。
I picked up the telephone book and looked up the number of Lord Alloa's house.
我拿起电话薄,查阿罗勋爵家的电话号码。
I spoke to one of his servants.
和他的仆人通话。
'Is Lord Alloa at home? 'I asked.
"阿罗勋爵在家吗?"我问道。
'Yes, but he's ill and has been in bed all day.
"在家,可是他病了,一整天躺在床上。
Do you want to leave a message, sir? '
先生,您要留口信吗?"
I put down the telephone and sat down, shaking.
我放下电话,坐下来,浑身战栗。
My part in this business was not finished.
这出戏我扮演的角色还没有完。