手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动画学职场英语 > 正文

看动画学职场英语:求人帮忙

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello, welcome back to Tip Top Trading where everyone is gossiping about Paul’s announcement.

你们好,欢迎回到Tip Top Trading,大家都在议论保罗的通知。
Anna is to lead the company’s new stock management system for the new laser-curved fruit.
安娜将领导公司新型激光曲线水果的库存管理系统。
Yes Anna…the new girl…she’s done really well although I don’t know what experience she’s got…. anyway, about the hairdresser you mentioned, oh I loved his aftershave…
是的,安娜,新来的那个女孩,她做得很好,尽管我不知道她有什么经验……总之你提到的那个美发师,我喜欢他修脸后的样子。
I can’t understand it. I’ve got all the experience and all the ideas…she’s just such a…
我搞不懂,我很有经验而且又有想法,她只是一个……
Tom. Sorry to interrupt, I just wanted to check you’re ok with me leading this strategy for stock management.
汤姆,抱歉打扰了,我只是想确认你对于我来领导库存管理计划没问题。
Oh of course. Yeah, you deserve it.That was a nice touch Anna.But Tom, now you must help me.
当然,这是你应得的。说得不错,安娜。但是汤姆,你必须得帮我。

tip21.png

Anna! That’s not the best way to ask for help.Remember what I’ve always told you about politeness?

安娜,这不是求人帮忙的好态度。记得我一直告诉你得礼貌呢?
Be polite – yes you keep telling me that.And if you want someone to help you, ask them, don’t tell them – even if it is Tom!
礼貌点,是的,你一直这么告诉我。如果你想让人帮你,去请求他们,不是命令他们。即使是对待汤姆!
Oh right. I’m in a bit of a panic.I’ve never done this before. I don’t know where to begin.
好的,我有点慌了。我从来没做过这个,我不知道从何开始。
Well start by asking your colleagues for help like this: I would be most grateful if you could give me some help.
首先像这样请求你的同事帮忙:如果你能帮我,我会非常感激。
Please could I ask you for some advice?I know you’re busy but could you spare me a few minutes of your time please?
我可以请你对我提些建议吗?我知道你很忙,但是能占用你几分钟时间吗?
Go on, give it a try!Right, thanks. I'll try.Erm, excuse me Tom. Sorry about earlier.
继续,试试吧。好的,谢谢,我试试。打扰了汤姆,我对之前感到抱歉。
I’m a little nervous about leading this strategy thing and I would be most grateful if you could give me some help… please?
关于负责这项计划的事我感到有点紧张,如果你能给我一些帮助的话,我会非常感激……拜托了。
Of course Anna. Why didn’t you say, I’d be delighted.
当然了,安娜。为什么你之前不说呢,我会很高兴的。
I’ve lost count of the number of projects I’ve lead over the years.
我都记不清这几年我都负责过多少这种项目了呢。
Great, thanks. So… where do you think I should begin?
太棒了,谢谢你。那么……我应该从哪开始着手呢?
Well, give me a few minutes and I’ll just find some of the excellent work I did last year.
给我几分钟,让我给你找找去年我完成的几项出色的项目。
Basically, you’ll just need to copy it. Hold on…
基本上你只要拿去复印一下就好了。等一下……
Ah Anna… just popping out for some biscuits… err, how’s the stock management strategy coming along?
安娜……出来吃点心吧……库存管理系统的方案你做的怎么样了?
Oh very good Paul… actually, please could I ask you for some advice, please?
一切顺利,保罗……不过,你能给我点建议吗?
Yes of course… although I don’t know if I’ll be much use!
没问题,虽然我不知道我的建议到底有没有用!
… now where did I save those damn documents?
我到底把那些该死的文件存哪了?
I’m very grateful for this opportunity but I’m a little unsure of where to start.
我很感激您能给我这次机会,不过我还不是太清楚到底该从哪开始。
Tom is looking for some his old work but…
汤姆正在帮我找一些他曾经做过的项目,但是……
Really? ! To be honest, this isn’t Tom’s speciality.
是吗?!不过说实话,那可不是汤姆的专长啊。
At a time like this I would ask Denise.
这种问题我一般都会问丹尼斯。
Denise! ? -Yes… she may only be the office assistant but she always has words of wisdom.
丹尼斯?-是啊……虽然她只是办公室助理,但有时候她说的话还挺有道理。
Right… custard creams or chocolate digestives? -What?Biscuits? -Oh… custard creams please.
对了……来点蛋奶巧克力或全麦饼干?-什么?点心?-蛋奶饼干吧。
Err, Denise, I know you’re busy but could you spare a few minutes of your time please?
丹尼斯,我知道你很忙,不过能打扰你几分钟时间吗?
Of course Anna, always happy to help you.
好啊,安娜,需要帮忙随时找我好了,我很乐意。
Well you know the stock management control system?
你知道库存管理控制系统吗?
The one you’ve now got to work out… well done for getting that!
你正在负责的那个嘛……恭喜你得到这个机会!
Thanks. It was OK writing it down for Paul but how do I put it in to practice?
谢谢。让我给保罗写点建议是没问题,但是我该怎么把它们付诸实践呢?
There’s just too much to do!Calm down Anna. You’ll be fine.
有太多事情要做了!冷静,安娜。你没问题的。
The first thing you need to do is to look at our current system.
首先,你要做的第一件事情就是先去看看我们现有的管理系统。
Look at our current system. How do I do that?
看看我们现在的系统。我该怎么做?
Easy! Just take the lift down to the warehouse and speak to Mr Ingle and then write down what you find
很容易啊!坐电梯下去到仓库,和英格尔先生聊聊然后写下你了解到的东西,
and draw up an action plan of tasks you need to do – like a shopping list – I’m very good at those.
再写一份你需要执行的行动计划,就像写购物清单那样,这个我可是很在行。
Go and see Mr Ingle? Oh do I have to.He’s ok really Anna.
去找英格尔先生?天啊,我真的要去吗。他人不错,安娜。
If you approach him in the right way he won’t bite your head off!What? Bite my head off!
只要你跟他谈话的方式没错,他是不会无故冲你发火的!什么?咬下我的头!
Oh… well, if he won’t bite me… then I suppose I should go and see him.
好吧,只要他别咬我……我想我应该去见见他。
Thanks for your advice Denise, I could kiss you.Right, I’m going to go and see him right now.
谢谢你告诉我这些丹尼斯,真想亲亲你。好的,我现在就去见他。
Make an action plan! A good idea.Well done Denise, you’re smarter than you look!
写一份行动计划!好主意。干得好丹尼斯,原来你比看起来要聪明!
And well done Anna, you eventually got the help you needed by using these phrases.
你也干得不错,安娜,总算用上了这些句子来请求别人的帮助。
I would be most grateful if you could give me some help.Please could I ask you for some advice?
如果您能帮我个帮我将万分感谢。请问您能不能给我些建议?
I know you’re busy but could you spare me a few minutes of your time please?
我知道您很忙,不过能不能耽误您几分钟时间?
Remember, if you’re stuck for ideas just ask for help…but maybe not Tom, I wonder how he’s getting on?Here Anna, I’ve got them.
记住,如果你一时想不出办法,可以向别人寻求帮助……但也许不是找汤姆,我想知道他那边找的怎么样了?给你,安娜,我找到了。
Look, all my ideas from my last stock control project…pages and pages of them.
你看,这些就是我上一个库存管理项目里想出的点子……好多好多页呢。
Just copy these, they’re brilliant. Anna? Anna!
复印一下就可以用了,这些材料棒极了。安娜?安娜!
…too late, I’ve just seen her in the lift. Fancy a custard cream Tom?
太晚了,我刚才看她进电梯了。想不想来点蛋奶饼干,汤姆?
So Anna is off to speak to the prickly Mr Ingle.
所以现在安娜正在坐电梯下去找不容易对付的英格尔先生谈话。
Let’s hope she uses those phrases to ask for help, otherwise she might get her head bitten off – and it could get very messy!See you next time.
希望她能用到那些求助的好句子,要不然她的头会被咬掉的,那可就麻烦了!下次见啦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
grateful ['greitfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 感激的,感谢的

联想记忆
deserve [di'zə:v]

想一想再看

vi. 应该得到
vt. 应受,值得

联想记忆
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
interrupt [.intə'rʌpt]

想一想再看

v. 打断,打扰,中止,中断
n. [计算机]

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
current ['kʌrənt]

想一想再看

n. (水、气、电)流,趋势
adj. 流通的

联想记忆
brilliant ['briljənt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的
n. 宝石

联想记忆
stock [stɔk]

想一想再看

n. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜

 
err [ə:]

想一想再看

v. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。