Lucy says that "The cookies smell great," meaning they smell very good, "but first," she needs "to let them cool."
露西说“饼干味道很棒”,意思是它们的味道非常好,但是“首先,她要凉一凉。”
To cool, "cool," is a verb, which means to lower the temperature.
“凉”,是一个动词,意思是降低温度。
Something is hot needs to cool before you eat it.
有些东西在吃之前要冷却。
"After 30 minutes," Lucy puts three cookies "on a plate" and puts "the rest of them" -the remaining cookies - "in a Tupperware container."
“30分钟后”,露西把三块饼干放在“盘子上”,把“剩余的那些饼干”放在“特百惠盒里”。
Tupperware, "Tupperware," is a company that makes small plastic boxes - small plastic containers that you can put food into.
特百惠,是一家公司,主营小塑料盒——装食物的小塑料盒。
Tupperware is a name of a company, so you have to use a capital T, "Tupperware."。
特百惠是一家公司的名字,所以使用大写字母T,“Tupperware”。
Even though you buy a plastic container that is not made by this company,
即使你买的塑料盒不是这家公司制造的,
people still call them Tupperware containers, or sometimes just Tupperware.
人们仍然把它们叫作特百惠盒,有时就叫特百惠。
If someone says, "I need to buy some new Tupperware,"
如果有人说,“我需要买个新的特百惠,”
they mean they need to buy some new plastic containers for food.
他们的意思是需要买些新的装食物的塑料盒。
Lucy says she's going to take her cookies “to work” tomorrow.
露西说明天她要带饼干“去上班”。
That should make the day go by a little faster.
这会让这一天过得快一些。
When we say the day will go by, "by," we mean that it will seem like the day is not very long-that time is moving very fast.
当我们说这一天将会过去,“过去”,意思是这一天不是很长——时间过得很快。
Just like when you are listening to ESLPod.com courses, the day goes by much faster.
就像你听ESLPod.com网站课程时,日子过得快一些。
Speaking of faster, now let's listen to the story at a native rate of speech.
说到快一点,现在让我们以正常语速听一下这个故事。