手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

为什么冰激凌会让我头疼

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh it's okay squeeks.

哦,没事,吱吱。
I'm fine my head just hurt for a second there,
我没事,我只是头疼了一秒钟。
but it's all better now.
但现在都好了。
It was an ice-cream headache,
这是冰激凌头痛,
or what some people call a brain freeze.
有些人也称之为大脑冻结。
Lots of people get brain freeze sometimes.
很多人都会得这种大脑冻结。
Maybe it's happened to you, too.
也许你也会发生这种情况。
You're eating ice cream or even just drinking a very cold drink
你正在吃冰激凌或者正在喝一杯冷饮,
when suddenly your head hurts.
喝的时候突然头疼了。
So you stop and maybe put your hand on your head like I just did,
所以你停下来,也许像我刚才那样把手放在头上
and the headache goes away pretty quickly.
头痛很快就好了
If it's happened to you before,
如果这种事以前发生在你身上,
maybe someone told you it was because you were eating your ice cream or drinking your cold drink too fast.
也许有人告诉你是因为你吃冰淇淋或者喝冷饮太快。
And it's true that eating my ice cream more slowly
的确,如果我吃冰淇淋的速度再慢一点,
would probably have helped me to avoid getting brain freeze.
我就可能不会有大脑冻结的症状了。
But the real problem wasn't how fast or slow I was eating.
但真正的问题不是我吃得多快或多慢。
It was how cold the ice cream was!
而是冰激凌的温度有多么冷!
Yeah! Ice cream is really cold!
是啊!冰淇淋真冷!
But the insides of our bodies are pretty warm.
但是我们的身体内部很温暖。
That's a good thing.
这是一件好事。
Your body needs to be a certain temperature to work properly.
你的身体需要一定的温度才能正常工作。
That's why when we get too hot, we sweat to cool down.
这就是为什么当我们太热的时候,我们会出汗来降温。
And when we get too cold, we shiver to warm up!
当我们太冷的时候,我们会发抖来提高温度!
Well, ice cream headaches are another thing that can happen when the inside of your body gets too cold too quickly.
嗯,当你的身体内部变冷得太快,冰淇淋头痛是另一种可能发生的事情。
You might already know that blood runs all throughout your body in little tubes called blood vessels.
你可能已经知道,血液在你的全身通过小管称为血管。
And like the rest of the inside of your body, your blood is nice and warm!
就像你身体的其他部分一样,你的血液是温暖的!
But when you eat or drink something really cold, like ice cream,
但当你吃或喝一些非常冷的东西,比如冰淇淋,
the blood vessels inside of your mouth and throat suddenly get really cold, too.
你口腔和喉咙内的血管也会突然变冷。
And then, scientists think two things happen:
然后,科学家认为有两件事会发生:
The blood vessels in the top of your mouth squeeze tighter,
你上颚的血管挤得更紧,
and the ones in your throat send lots of extra blood to your brain.
而你喉咙里的这些会向你的大脑输送更多的血液。
It's pretty weird to think about!
想起来很奇怪!

ice-cream headache.jpg

But there's a good reason for it.

但这是有原因的。
When you get cold,
当你冷时,
your body tries to keep more blood in the middle of your body,
你的身体试图保持更多的血液,
and less blood in parts near the outside, like your skin.
在像皮肤这样的外部地方保持更少的血液。
That helps keep your blood from getting too cold,
这样可以防止血液变冷,
so the most important parts of your body, like your heart and brain, can stay warm!
所以你身体最重要的部位,比如心脏和大脑,可以保持温暖!
It's a little like this jar here.
有点像这个罐子。
I put it in the freezer for a while,
我把它放在冰箱里一会儿,
and you can see that it's not totally frozen yet.
你可以看到它还没有完全冻结。
But look what happened!
但看发生了什么事!
The water near the outside of the jar froze first,
罐子外面的水先结冰了,
while the water on the inside stayed warmer for longer.
而里面的水保持温暖的时间更长。
When you get cold,
当你冷时,
your body moves your blood toward the middle of your body
你的身体把血液输送到身体的中部
so it can stay warm like the water in the middle of this jar.
这样它就能像罐子中间的水一样保持温暖。
That's why when you eat something cold, like ice cream,
这就是为什么当你吃一些冷的东西,比如冰激凌,
the blood vessels in your mouth squeeze tight.
你嘴里的血管收缩得很紧。
That way there's less blood running through them,
这样血管的血就少了,
so your blood stays warmer for longer!
所以你的血液温度会保持更长时间!
You're right, what's happening in your throat is a little different.
你说得对,你喉咙里里的情况有点不同。
The blood vessels there don't squeeze right away,
那里的血管不会立刻收缩,
but they do send lots of blood to your brain to help keep it warm!
但是它们确实会给你的大脑输送大量的血液来保持大脑的温暖!
All that quick squeezing and sending blood to different places hurts,
所有那些快速的挤压和送血都很疼,
which is why you get brain freeze.
这就是为什么你会患大脑冻结。
But after a few seconds, everything goes back to normal!
但几秒钟后,一切又恢复了正常!
If you do get an ice cream headache and want it to go away faster,
如果你得了冰淇淋头疼想让它快点好起来,
one thing you can do is press your tongue against the top of your mouth.
你能做的一件事就是把你的舌头压在你的嘴巴上。
That helps the blood vessels there warm up a little faster so the headache goes away.
这可以帮助那里的血管更快地热身,这样头痛就会消失。
But you should also tell a grown-up when your head hurts,
但当你头痛的时候,你也应该告诉成年人,
just in case!
以防万一!
Now that I'm feeling better,
现在我感觉好多了,
I'm going to get back to my ice cream before it melts!
我要在冰淇淋融化之前吃掉它!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,就点击订阅吧,
and don't forget to check us out on the YouTube Kids app.
不要忘了在YouTube Kids应用上查看我们。
Thanks! We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
谢谢!我们下期见!在堡垒不见不散!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
squeeze [skwi:z]

想一想再看

v. 压榨,挤压,塞进
n. 压榨,勒索,榨取

 
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 
jar [dʒɑ:]

想一想再看

n. 不和谐,刺耳声,震动,震惊,广口瓶
vi

联想记忆
sweat [swet]

想一想再看

n. 汗,汗水
v. (使)出汗

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
shiver ['ʃivə]

想一想再看

vt. 颤动(碎裂)
n. 冷颤(碎块)

 
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 为什么动物不需要防晒霜 2018-08-08
  • 不会飞的鸟 2018-08-16
  • 潜水艇是如何工作的 2018-08-29
  • 乌龟博士的乌龟知识普及 2018-09-10
  • 我们为什么会生气 2018-09-11
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。