手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学秀 > 正文

流汗真的是在排毒么

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This episode is sponsored by Child and Teen Checkups.

本期节目由Child and Teen Checkups赞助播出。
If you're in Minnesota, go to Freechildcheckups.com to learn more.
如果你住在明尼苏达州,登陆Freechildcheckups.com了解更多信息。
If you've spent any amount of time on the Internet, you've probably read some weird stuff. We get it.
如果你经常上网,你或许看到过一些奇怪的事情。
Like, at some point, you've probably heard someone claim that there are toxins trapped in your body,
比如,你可能听说过有人声称你的体内有很多毒素,
and that you need to do something to help release them.
并且你需要做些什么帮助身体排除毒素。
To accomplish this, some people favor juice cleanses.
为了达到这个目的,有些人喜欢用果汁排毒。
Others like to sweat in a sauna, hoping to push toxins out through their pores.
其他人喜欢蒸桑拿流汗,希望能通过毛孔排毒。
But if either of those is your favorite method, we have some bad news.
但如果两者中有你的最爱,那么我们有坏消息带给你。
Juice cleanses don't actually detox anything.
果汁排毒并不能给身体排毒。
And sweating, as it turns out, doesn't contribute much to the cause either.
事实证明,流汗也不能。
But fortunately, we have built-in organs that can deal with toxic substances.
但还好我们体内的习惯可以处理这些有毒物质。
Strictly speaking, toxins are poisons made by living things.
严格来讲,毒素是由生物产生的毒。
But usually, people use the word as a vague catch-all for things that are bad for your body,
但人们通常会用这个词来模糊地概括对身体有害的东西,
regardless of where they come from.
也不管它们来自哪里。
Admittedly, the human body does have to deal with a lot of them.
不可否认,人体确实需要处理大量毒素。
From medications and alcohol to the occasional pesticide, you have to process a lot.
从药物、酒精到偶尔接触到的农药,你需要处理很多。
And no matter what you do, you can't avoid this, because your body also makes plenty of its own waste.
不论你怎么做,你都无法避免,因为你的身体本身也会产生大量废物。
Just look at the byproducts of metabolism, which your body makes all day, every day, to stay alive.
就拿新陈代谢的副产品来说,为了维持生命,你的身体每天都在新陈代谢。
They include ammonia and urea, which come from breaking down proteins;
其副产品包括氨和尿素—来自分解的蛋白质;
bilirubin, which comes from the two million or so red blood cells you recycle every second;
胆红素—来自你每秒循环利用的两百万左右的红细胞;
and carbon dioxide, which you exhale.
以及你呼出的二氧化碳。
At normal concentrations, these things aren't harmful, but if they build up, they can cause issues.
在正常浓度下,这些物质是无害的,但如果它们累积起来,就会引起问题。
So there is that bit of truth in the whole "your body has to get rid of toxins" thing.
所以“你的身体需要排毒”这种说法也有几分真。
Still, your body doesn't rely on sweat to take care of that.
但身体排毒并不是依靠流汗。
When it comes to getting rid of toxic substances, the big guns are the liver and kidneys.
在去除有毒物质方面,最重要的是肝脏和肾脏。
And they do a thorough job of it. Like, the liver is a detox powerhouse.
它们的这项工作做的很彻底。比如肝脏是一个排毒发动机。
It chemically modifies toxic metabolic waste products, like ammonia,
它通过化学方法改变有毒代谢废物,比如氨,
and helps convert them into things that are less toxic, like urea.
并帮助将它们转化成毒素较少的物质,如尿素。

流汗真的是在排毒么.jpg

It also has powerful and versatile enzymes that turn drugs and other molecules into less harmful things.

它还拥有强大且多功能的酶,可以将药物和其他分子变成有害成分较少的物质。
And for many other kinds of waste, like bilirubin from red blood cells,
对很多其他种类的废物而言,比如来自红血细胞的胆红素,
the liver dumps things into a fluid called bile that we poop out.
肝脏会把它们倒入一个被称为胆汁的液体中,我们会将这些胆汁排除。
Bilirubin is what makes poop brown, by the way.
另外,胆红素会让便便呈棕色。
Other waste from the liver goes into the bloodstream, and eventually, to the kidneys.
来自肝脏的其他废物进入血液,最终流向肾脏。
And the kidneys are equally impressive. They're built-in blood filters.
肾脏也一样令人惊叹。它们是内置的血液过滤器。
They keep most of the useful stuff your body takes in, like nutrients, and dump the rest into urine.
它们保留人体吸收的大部分最有用物质,如营养素,并将其余物质倾入尿液中。
The kidneys filter out metabolic waste like urea, broken-down molecules from the liver,
肾脏过滤出代谢废物,如尿素、来自肝脏的已分解分子、
small amounts of things like hormones and drugs, and trace amounts of an array of toxic substances.
少量物质,如激素和药物以及一系列微量有毒物质。
They also maintain healthy levels of minerals, water, and electrolytes in the blood.
它们也维持矿物质、水、以及血液中电解质的健康水平。
Because too much of anything can kill you.
因为任何物质的过量都会害死你。
So really, the liver and kidneys have your body's supposed "toxin" situation under control.
所以肝脏和肾脏控制着你体内“毒素”。
The idea that sweat is important for filtering things out might have come from the fact that
‘流汗对过滤毒素很重要’这种想法可能来自于
sweat glands are actually pretty similar to kidneys when it comes to their microscopic structure and abilities.
就显微结构和能力而言,汗腺和肝脏非常相似。
This means that sweat and pee do have a lot of the same things in them, though pee is significantly more concentrated.
这意味着流汗和小便确有相似之处,虽然尿液更浓。
Most of what's dissolved in sweat are salts, minerals, and metabolic waste products,
汗液中溶解的大部分是盐、矿物质和代谢废物,
plus trace amounts of things like heavy metals, drugs, BPA, and pesticides.
再加上微量重金属、药物、BPA和农药。
And when I say "trace amounts", I mean the amounts of toxic substances in sweat are so small
我所说的“微量”是指汗液中的有毒物质量非常少
that the health benefits of getting rid of them are negligible.
以至于将其排除体内的健康益处可以忽略不计。
So while sweat might get stinky sometimes, it's not because it's doing hero's work.
所以虽然汗液有时臭臭的,但这并不是因为它在做英雄的工作。
The main reason we sweat is to cool down and, for some reason, when we're nervous.
主要原因是我们流汗是为了降温,有时候是因为我们紧张。
There are some conditions that cause the skin to take over part of the kidney's function,
在一些情况下,皮肤会接管肾脏的部分功能,
and where you'll start to sweat out more of the stuff that normally comes out in pee.
在这些情况下,你会开始通过排汗的方式排出一些应从尿液中排出的物质。
But those conditions include kidney failure and cholera.
这些情况包括肾衰竭和霍乱。
So if your skin is doing the kidney's job, you probably have bigger problems to worry about.
所以如果你的皮肤在做肾脏的工作,你的问题或许就大了。
Under more typical circumstances,
在更典型的情况下,
sweating doesn't rid the body of toxic substances any better than the liver and kidneys do on their own.
流汗并不能比肝脏和肾脏更好的排出体内有毒物质。
And whether that person trying to sell you a sweat-based detox therapy, realizes it or not,
不管别人是有意还是无意向你推销流汗排毒理疗,
they're pushing fear to make money.
他们只是通过制造恐惧来挣钱而已。
Saunas, hot yoga, and some other things that make you sweat may have health benefits,
桑拿、热瑜伽以及一些其他让你流汗的事情或许有些健康益处,
but not because they expel extra toxins.
但这并不是因为它们排除了多于的毒素。
If you have a healthy liver and kidneys, your body is doing just fine all by itself.
如果你有一个健康的肝脏和肾脏,你的身体不错。
Whether these organs are healthy, though, is a different story, and unfortunately,
但这些器官是否健康就是另一回事了,不幸的是,
your personal health isn't something we can help you with around here!
你的个人健康我们这里帮不上忙。
That's the whole point of visiting your doctor for a check-up.
这就是去看医生做检查的全部意义。
Although preventative care is important for everyone,
尽管预防保健对每个人都很重要,
appointments like this are especially important for children and teenagers,
但预约对儿童和青少年来说尤为重要,
since so much changes about your body as you get older. And the good news is, if you have a kid,
因为随着年龄的增长,你的身体会发生很多变化。好消息是,如果你有娃,
you might be eligible to get this kind of appointment for free!
你可以免费进行预约!
If you live in Minnesota, you can learn more at FreeChildCheckups.com.
如果你住在明尼苏达州,你可以登陆FreeChildCheckups.com了解更多。
And if you don't, you can click the link in the description
如果你没娃,可以点击下方链接
to learn what kind of benefits might be available for you and your family.
了解这些能为你和你的家人带来怎样的益处。
In Minnesota alone, over five hundred thousand kids are eligible for these check-ups,
仅在明尼苏达州,就有超过五百万儿童可以进行这些检查,
where your doctor will check out hearing, vision, teeth, and all kinds of other health information.
医生将检查听力、视力、牙齿以及各种其他健康检查。
And did we mention that it's free?
还是免费的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
concentrated ['kɔnsentreitid]

想一想再看

adj. 全神贯注的,浓缩的 动词concentrate

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
therapy ['θerəpi]

想一想再看

n. 疗法,治疗

 
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
recycle [ri:'saikl]

想一想再看

vt. 使再循环,再利用,再制
vi. 循环<

联想记忆
bile [bail]

想一想再看

n. 胆汁,坏脾气,愤怒

联想记忆
contribute [kən'tribju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 捐助,投稿
vi. 投稿,贡献,是原因

联想记忆
release [ri'li:s]

想一想再看

n. 释放,让渡,发行
vt. 释放,让与,准

联想记忆
strictly ['striktli]

想一想再看

adv. 严格地

 
array [ə'rei]

想一想再看

n. 数组,(陈)排列,大批,一系列
vt.

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 那一撮不安分的呆毛 2019-06-14
  • 以冰冻火山为家的虫子 2019-06-19
  • 咖啡因会让人脱水? 2019-06-28
  • 不需要氧气的生物 2019-07-03
  • 如何将电话簿撕成两半 2019-07-05
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。