手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第18期:英语习语之跟假期有关的习语

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello! I'm Emma from mmmEnglish.

你好!我是来自mmmEnglish的Emma。
English idioms...can you think of some examples?
英语习语……你能想出一些例子吗?
“The early bird gets the worm!”
“早起的鸟儿有虫吃”
“Bite your tongue!”
“别嚼舌头!”
Do they “drive you crazy?”
他们是否“让你发疯?”
Idioms are really common English expressions that can be used in formal and informal situations.
习语是非常常见的英语表达,可以在正式和非正式场合使用。
They're quite challenging to learn because the meaning of the whole idiom, all of the words together, often doesn't relate to the literal meaning of the individual words.
它们非常难学,因为整个习语的意思,所有的单词放在一起,往往与单个单词的字面意思无关。
The idiom - as you're painfully aware - has its own unique meaning.
正如你痛苦地意识到的那样,这个习语有它独特的含义。
So in this lesson, I'm going to teach you a few useful idioms that will help you to talk about your holidays.
所以在这节课中,我将教你一些有用的习语,它们将帮助你谈论你的假期。
Now I'm sure that you'll be able to think about a holiday that you've had in the past
现在,我相信你将能够想起你过去度过的一个假期,
and use the idioms that I'm going to share in this lesson to help you talk about them.
并使用我将在这节课中分享的习语来帮助你谈论它们。
Now, there are lots of English idioms, but learning to use some of them will help you to sound creative, interesting and fun when you're using English.
现在,有很多英语习语,但学习使用其中一些会帮助你在使用英语时听起来更有创意、更有趣、更好玩。
And of course, it will definitely help you to understand more of what native speakers say.
当然,它绝对会帮助你更多地理解以英语为母语的人所说的话。
Using idioms correctly in your English speaking exams like IELTS or TOEFL will definitely impress your examiner –
在雅思或托福等英语口语考试中正确使用习语肯定会给考官留下深刻印象
so it's worth spending some time learning a few idioms that you can use to talk about holidays that you've had.
所以花点时间学习一些习语是值得的,你可以用它们来谈论你的假期。
Now, a quick note.
现在,一个简短的说明。
Remember that the tense changes can affect the verb in the idiom - if there is one.
记住,时态的变化会影响习语中的动词——如果有的话。
For example, “We're going to travel light.”
例如,“我们将要轻装旅行。”
“We travelled light.”
“我们轻装上阵。”
“We are travelling light.”
“我们正轻装旅行。”
So pay close attention to how I'm using the idiom in these examples.
所以请密切注意我在这些例子中是如何使用这个习语的。
Now, let's look at that same example again in more detail.
现在,让我们更详细地看一下这个相同的例子。
“To travel light”
“To travel light”
or “to pack light”
或“to pack light”
Now, if someone travels light or packs light, they don't take a lot of luggage with them on a trip.
现在,如果有人轻装旅行或轻装旅行,他们就不会带很多行李。
They don't take lots of bags.
他们不会带很多包。

18.jpg

“We have to walk a fair way from the station to our hotel, so try to pack light.”

“我们从车站到旅馆要走很长一段路,所以尽量轻装上路。”
“We only stayed for three days, so we packed light!”
“我们只呆了三天,所以我们轻装上路了!”
“Do you need some help collecting your luggage, or are you travelling light?”
“你需要有人帮你拿行李吗,还是你轻装旅行?”
“To hit the road.”
“上路了。”
This idiom means to leave or to start a journey.
这个习语的意思是离开或开始一段旅程。
“We're going to hit the road at 8am.”
“我们打算早上8点出发。”
We're going to leave at 8am.
我们将在早上8点离开。
“We hit the road early so that we reached the village by lunchtime.”
“我们早早上路,所以午饭前就到了那个村庄。”
Now, this idiom is just as easily used when you're at a barbecue with friends and you decide it's time to go home.
当你和朋友去烧烤,你决定该回家的时候,这个习语也很容易使用。
You can say “Okay, it's time to hit the road”
你可以说"好了,该上路了"
or “It's time I hit the road”
或者“我该上路了”
“To catch the sun”.
“抓住太阳”。
This idiom is used to say that someone is sunburned, burnt by the sun.
这个习语用来形容某人被太阳晒伤了。
“We spent the whole day at the beach so we all caught the sun.”
“我们在海滩上呆了一整天,所以都晒太阳了。”
To someone who looks sunburnt, you could say “You look like you caught the sun today!”
对于那些看起来晒伤了的人,你可以说“you look like you caught the sun today!”
“Try not to catch too much sun today!
“今天尽量不要晒太多太阳!”
Keep your hat on.”
把帽子戴上。”
Notice how this idiom can change depending on the tense.
注意这个习语是如何随着时态的变化而变化的。
Same with the next one - “to live it up”
下一个也是一样——“to live it up”
or “to live the life”.
或者“to live the life”
This idiom is used to say that someone is really enjoying themselves and they're having a really good time.
这个习语用来形容一个人玩得很开心。
without worrying about anything - including money.
不用担心任何事情——包括钱。
“We're going to live it up in a 5 star resort for a few days!”
“我们要在一个五星级度假胜地住几天!”
“We're going to live the life on a beach in Mexico”
“我们将在墨西哥的海滩上生活。”
“We were living the life and having cocktails by the pool when the cyclone hit.”
“飓风来袭时,我们正在泳池边喝鸡尾酒,享受生活。”
“To do something on a shoestring”
“To do something on a shoestring”
or “to do something on the cheap.”
或者“to do something on the cheap.”
Now this idiom is nothing like the last one.
这个习语和上一个完全不同。
If you do something on a shoestring or on the cheap, you do it without spending a lot of money.
如果你做某事是小本经营或者很便宜,你不用花很多钱。
“Staying in hostels is a good option if you're travelling on a shoestring budget.”
“如果你预算有限,住青年旅社是个不错的选择。”
“We travelled through France last year on a shoestring!”
“去年我们花很少的钱游遍了法国。”
“We plan to spend a month in Bali on the cheap and then, live it up in Singapore for a few days before we fly home.”
“我们打算在巴厘岛便宜住一个月,然后在新加坡住几天再飞回家。”
“At the crack of dawn”
“破晓时分”
This idiom describes the earliest time in the day, just as the sun is rising.
这个习语描述的是一天中最早的时间,就像太阳升起一样。
“We were up at the crack of dawn to watch the sun rise.”
“我们天一亮就起来看日出。”
“It's a long drive, so we set off at the crack of dawn.”
“开车很远,所以我们天刚亮就出发了。”
“Paul got up at the crack of dawn every day to hike around the island.”
“保罗每天天刚亮就起床,在岛上徒步旅行。”
“Bright and early”
“大清早”
Now, this idiom is similar to the last one, it's used to explain that something happens early in the morning.
现在,这个习语与最后一个相似,它是用来解释某事发生在清晨。
It's not quite as early as at the crack of dawn though.
不过现在还没有黎明时分那么早。
“We had to get up bright and early to catch the train to Paris.”
“为了赶上去巴黎的火车,我们不得不早起。”
Another idiom that's similar is “first thing”.
另一个类似的习语是“第一件事”。
It means before anything else is done in the morning.
它的意思是在早上做其他事情之前。
“We need to check out first thing tomorrow.”
“我们明天第一件事就是退房。”
“You need to call and make a reservation first thing.
“你得先打电话订位。”
We don't want to miss out!”
我们不想错过!”
“To call it a day”
“今天就到此为止了”
or “call it a night”.
或者“call it a night”
This idiom means to stop doing an activity for the rest of the day or to finish what you're doing at night and go home to bed.
这个习语的意思是在一天剩下的时间里停止做某项活动,或者在晚上完成你正在做的事情,然后回家睡觉。
“We were so exhausted that we decided to call it a day and ordered room service in our hotel room!”
“我们实在是太累了,所以我们决定今天就到此为止,并在酒店房间里订了客房服务。”
“Let's just call it a day and go to the pub!”
“我们今天就到此为止,去酒吧吧!”
“I need to call it a night, I've been dancing for 12 hours!!”
“我得收工了,我已经跳了12个小时了!!”
“Itchy feet”.
“有旅行或离开的冲动”
Okay, so this idiom is used when someone feels the need to travel.
好了,这个习语用在某人觉得需要旅行的时候。
They don't want to stay still!
他们不想呆着不动!
My friends always tell me that I have got itchy feet!
我的朋友们总是告诉我说我有旅行癖。
“After being away from work for so long, it's really difficult to sit at my desk for eight hours a day!
“离开工作这么长时间后,一天八小时坐在办公桌前真的很难!”
I've got itchy feet already!”
我又想去旅行了!”
“I noticed that Ben is really distracted at the moment.
“我注意到本现在很心烦意乱。
Do you think he's got itchy feet?”
你觉得他现在想出去玩吗?”
So there were quite a few idioms there, weren't there?
这里有很多习语,不是吗?
Can you think of any other ones that you could use to talk about travelling or holidays?
你能想到其他可以用来谈论旅游或度假的短语吗?
If you can, add them to the comments below this video.
如果可以,请将它们添加到本视频下方的评论中。
Now, if you watch my lessons often, you'll know that there's a new video every week.
现在,如果你经常看我的课,你会知道每周都有一个新视频。
So make sure you subscribe to my channel by clicking this red button right here
所以一定要订阅我的频道,点击这里的红色按钮
and you'll find out when the next lesson is available or the next worksheet is available and ready for you to practise with.
你会发现下一节课是什么时候,或者下一个工作表是什么时候,你就可以练习了。
For now, you can keep practising with more English idioms right here
现在,你可以在这里继续练习更多的英语习语
or you can head to the mmmEnglish website to learn more about our online courses.
或者你可以去mmmEnglish网站了解更多关于我们的在线课程。
I'll see you in the next lesson.
下节课再见。
Thanks for watching and bye for now!
感谢收看,再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆
literal ['litərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 逐字的,字面上的,文字的
n. 错误

联想记忆
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆
challenging ['tʃælindʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
worm [wə:m]

想一想再看

n. 虫,蠕虫
v. 蠕动,驱虫,慢慢探听出

 
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
option ['ɔpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权
v. 给予选

联想记忆
impress [im'pres]

想一想再看

n. 印象,特徵,印记
v. 使 ... 有印

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。