手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

我们如何帮助当地记者把重要新闻变成全国性的新闻

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I'm a journalist. And I know how frustrating it gets when most of your stories go unnoticed.

我是一名记者。我深深的了解当你的新闻不被人关注的时候那种沮丧的感觉。
I felt it when I worked as a local reporter in my hometown Belgaum, in India.
我在我的家乡,印度的贝尔高姆,做记者的时候就有这种感觉。
I thought maybe joining a national newspaper would help.
我就想,也许加入大的报社会有一些改善。
So I went through professional training and worked with India's three national newspapers.
于是我接受了专业的训练,在印度最大的三家国家级报社工作。
During my five-year stint, I used to travel for my stories.
在那五年时间里,我经常为了写成一篇新闻而四处奔走。
It was in early 2012 I traveled 1,000 miles from Mumbai to a coastal village in south India.
2012年初,我跨越了1000英里,从孟买到达印度南边的一个沿海村庄。
I was there to do a story on environmental risk of a nuclear power plant.
我去那里做一个关于核电站对环境危害的采访。
When I spoke to a local activist, he said the story of hundreds of villagers protesting against a nuclear power plant
在我与当地的活动家讨论的时候,他说有几百名村民曾抗议过核电站的建设,
was reported by local media six months before national TV channels picked it up.
而这条新闻在被国家主流媒体报道的六个月前已经被当地媒体报道过了。
I had similar experiences when I traveled for other stories.
在写其他新闻时我有过相似的经历。
It confirmed my belief that a local reporter knows a story much before it is picked up by national media.
新闻发生地的记者总是能在主流媒体之前就了解到这个新闻,我确信了自己的看法。
But like me, they did not have a platform to share them.
但是就像我一样,他们并没有能够分享这一新闻的平台。
According to a 2011 media study, only two percent of India's mainstream media coverage is about rural issues.
2011年的媒体研究显示,印度主流媒体报道的内容中只有百分之二是关于农村问题的。
Even though almost 70 percent of India's population, 1.3 billion population, live in villages.
即使印度人口中的百分之70,也就是十三亿人,都生活在农村。
This is disturbing for a democratic country like India, where transparency is key to ensure justice to everyone, especially the poor.
这对于一个像印度这样的民主国家来说是非常令人不安的,因为公开透明对于保证公平正义至关重要,特别是对穷人来说。
I was convinced that there's a need to build a platform to bring out this important story at the national level.
我认为有必要建立一个平台,好把这些重要的信息都放到国家层面上来。
So I quit my job with "Economic Times" in December 2014.
于是2014年十二月,我从《经济时报》辞职。
For the next six months, I freelanced and also built a database of 20,000 local reporters across India.
在接下来的六个月里,我做了一名自由职业者,同时建起了一个数据库,其中包括全印度的两万名本地记者。
During that time, I saw editors who were looking for more and more contributors
在那段时间,我见证着编辑们四处约稿,
as news organizations cut down cost by getting rid of hundreds of full-time reporters.
因为报社为了削减支出裁掉了几百名全职记者。
I saw an opportunity to highlight these important stories if I can train these local reporters and connect them with the mainstream media.
我发现如果能够训练好这些本地的记者,并且把他们与主流媒体链接起来,就有机会可以把这些重要新闻摆到台前。
And that is exactly what we are doing.
这就是我们现在正在做的事。

我们如何帮助当地记者把重要新闻变成全国性的新闻

Our tech platform, for the first time, discovers a local reporter, grooms them,

我们的技术平台第一次做到了发掘本土记者,培养他们,
and helps them write for national and international publications.
帮助他们写出适合在国家层面的和国际层面的报纸上发表的文章。
A team of experienced editors works closely with these local reporters on each and every story filed by them.
我们有一群经验丰富的编辑跟当地记者们紧密合作,去加工他们的每一篇新闻。
This process not only helps the local reporters learn reporting skills but also gives credibility to their stories.
这样不仅帮助了当地记者学习报道技巧,还给他们的文章增加了可信度。
In June 2017, one of our local reporters, Saurabh Sharma,
2017年六月,我们的本地记者之一,莎拉·夏玛,
won an international award from the European Commission for his story on the hardships faced by young girls living on the street.
凭借她的一篇关于露宿街头的年轻女孩面临的困难的文章,获得了欧洲委员会颁发的一项国际大奖。
We're also trying to correct market for these local reporters, by paying them three times more than the existing rates.
同时我们也想通过给当地记者颁发三倍于当前水平的薪酬来纠正市场对他们的态度。
Better pay and recognition is giving them confidence to dig deeper and expose corruption in the system and society.
更高的薪酬和更多的认可能够给他们自信,让他们去更深入地挖掘和揭露系统和社会中的腐败行为。
We recently reported a story from Northeast India where children have to cross a river in a huge cooking pot,
最近我们报道了一则新闻,是关于印度东北部的一群孩子坐在一口大锅里过河,
risking their life every day, because there's no bridge, there's no boat.
每天都冒着生命危险,因为那里没有桥梁也没有船只。
The story was picked up by mainstream media
这则新闻也被主流媒体报道了,
and it caught the attention of a local elected representative who promised to build a bridge.
它引起了当地议员的注意,他承诺会在当地修建一架桥梁。
In the last three years of our operations, we have reported more than 2,500 such stories.
在过去三年里,我们报道了超过2500篇类似的新闻。
To publish them for a wider reach and impact, we have partnered with 16 leading media houses,
为了让它们被更多人看到并产生影响,我们与十六家主流媒体合作,
who are happy to take them, as it brings their cost down, by not editing or managing reporters.
他们也很愿意接纳我们的稿子,因为这样他们就不必培养和管理记者,从而降低了他们的支出。
Today, we have more than 1,200 reporters in our network, covering stories like the nuclear power plant,
现在我们的网络中有超过1200名记者在报道着像核电站这样的新闻,
from places that are either ignored by mainstream media or never covered.
其中涉及的区域要么就是被主流媒体忽略,要么就是主流媒体从没关注过。
In the next five years, we plan to have one reporter in each of the 5,500 subdistricts in India,
在接下来的五年,我们计划在印度的5500个街区每个街区各派一名记者,
covering the entire nation, to ensure that none of these important stories go unnoticed.
报道整个国家的新闻,以此保证没有任何一篇重要新闻会被遗漏。
Next time you see a story from the countryside, please do not ignore it.
下次当你看到一篇来自农村的新闻时,请不要忽略它。
Do read and share them, they might be breaking stories.
请阅读并把它分享出去,因为它可能是一桩惊天大事。
This way, we can ensure none of the important stories go unnoticed. Thank you.
只有这样,我们才可以保证没有任何一篇重要新闻会被遗漏。谢谢大家。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
recognition [.rekəg'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 认出,承认,感知,知识

 
transparency [træns'pærənsi]

想一想再看

n. 透明度,幻灯片

 
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
corruption [kə'rʌpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 腐败,堕落,贪污

联想记忆
experienced [iks'piəriənst]

想一想再看

adj. 有经验的

 
convinced [kən'vinst]

想一想再看

adj. 信服的

 
representative [repri'zentətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 代表性的,代议制的,典型的
n. 代

 
unnoticed

想一想再看

adj. 被忽视的;不引人注意的;未被注意的

联想记忆
disturbing [di'stə:biŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 烦扰的;令人不安的 v. 干扰;打断(dist

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。