手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

自动驾驶出租车更有用(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I'm Aicha Evans, I am from Senegal, West Africa,

我是艾莎·埃文斯,我来自西非的一个国家,塞内加尔,

and I fell in love with technology, science and engineering at a very young age.

在我很小的时候,我就爱上了科技、科学和工程。

Three things happened.

那时候发生了三件事。

I was studying in Paris, and starting at seven years old, flying back and forth between Dakar, Senegal and Paris as an unaccompanied minor.

那时我在巴黎读书,从7岁开始上学,未成年的我在达喀尔、塞内加尔和巴黎三地之间飞来飞去,途中无人陪伴。

So it wasn't just about the travel.

所以这对我来说不仅仅是旅途。

It was really about a portal to knowledge, different environments and adapting.

更是让我收获了知识,不同环境以及适应能力。

Second thing that happened was every time I was at home in Senegal, I wanted to talk to my friends in Paris.

第二件发生的事情是,每次我在塞内加尔的家里,我都想和我在巴黎的朋友聊天。

So my dad got tired of the long-distance bills, so he put a little lock on the phone — the rotary phone.

我爸爸不想支付那些长途话费账单,所以他给电话加了把小锁——那种转盘拨号电话。

I said, OK, no problem, hacked it, and he kept getting the bills.

我说,好啊,不是问题,把锁给破解开了,于是他又收到长途话费账单了。

Sorry again, Dad, if you're watching this someday.

爸爸,如果你某天看到了这个视频,那实在不好意思了。

And then, obviously, the internet was also emerging.

后来,显然互联网开始蓬勃发展了。

So what really happened was that, in terms of technology,

所以真正发生的事,就科技而言,

I really saw it as something that shaped your experiences, how you understand the world and wanting to be part of it.

我真的认为它可以改变你的经历,影响你如何认识这个世界,并且想成为它的一部分。

And for me, the common thread is that physical and virtual transportation —

对于我来说,那些经历的共同点就是实体和虚拟的传输——

because that's really what that rotary phone was for me — are at the center of the innovation flywheel.

因为当时转盘拨号电话对我的真正意义——就是创新飞轮的中心。

Now, fast-forward.

我们快进到现在。

I'm here today, I'm part of a movement and an industry that is working on bringing transportation and technology together.

我今天在这里,也是作为整个科技行业的一部分,致力于将交通和科技结合在一起。

It's not just about your commutes.

这不仅仅影响到你的通勤。

It's really about changing everything in terms of how we move people, goods and services, eventually.

这是在改变一切,改变人们的出行、货物的运输,最终改变服务业。

That transformation involves robotaxis.

这种转变涉及到无人驾驶出租车。

Driverless cars again, really?

又是无人驾驶汽车,对吧?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard it before.

对,对,对,我听过这种说法。

And by the way, they are always coming the next decade,

顺便说一句,无人驾驶汽车在未来几十年一定会出现,

and oh, by the way, there's an alphabet soup of companies working on it and we can't even remember who's who and who's doing what. Yeah?

再顺便说一句,有很多顶尖技术的公司都在研究这个,我们甚至记不清,谁是谁,谁在做什么,对吧?

Yeah.

是。

Yeah, OK, well, this is not about personal, self-driving cars.

好的,我要说的不是私人的自动驾驶汽车。

Sorry to disappoint you.

如果让你失望了,那抱歉了。

This is really about a few things.

我要说的是其他一些事。

First of all, personally and individually owned cars are a wasteful expense, and they contribute to,

首先,个人拥有私家车是一种浪费的开支,

basically, a lot of pollution and also traffic in urban areas.

基本上,只会造成大量污染以及加重城区里的交通拥堵程度。

Second of all, there's this notion of self-driving shuttles, but frankly, they are optimized for many.

其次,我们还有一个概念叫自动驾驶班车,其实就在于服务更多的人群。

They can't take you specifically from point A to point B.

不能专门带你从A点到B点。

OK, now we have — hm, how am I going to say this — the so-called "personal, self-driving" cars of today.

好,我们现在讲了这两个,我接下来要说的是那些今天所谓的私人自动驾驶汽车。

Well, the reality is that those cars still require a human behind the wheel.

实际上仍然需要人来驾驶。

A safety driver.

一个安全驾驶的司机。

Make no mistake about it.

不要误会。

I own one of those, and when I'm in it, I am a safety driver.

我有一辆这样的车,我在车里,我就是那个安全驾驶的司机。

So the question now becomes, What do we do with this?

那么现在问题变成了对此我们该怎么办?

Well, we think that robotaxis, first of all, they will take you specifically from point A to point B.

我们来讲讲无人驾驶出租车,首先,它们可以专门带你从A点到B点。

Second of all, when you're not using them, somebody else will be using them.

其次,当你不用它们的时候,别人会使用它们。

And they are being tested today.

现在无人驾驶出租车已经开始测试了。

When I say that we're on the cusp of finally delivering that vision, there's actually reason to believe it.

当我说我们即将实现这样的设想,你完全有理由可以相信我。

At the core of self-driving technology is computer vision.

自动驾驶技术的核心是计算机视觉。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
alphabet ['ælfəbit]

想一想再看

n. 字母表,基本原理(元素),符号系统

 
thread [θred]

想一想再看

n. 线,细丝,线索,思路,螺纹
vt. 穿线

 
disappoint [.disə'pɔint]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 失望

联想记忆
transformation [.trænsfə'meiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 转型,转化,改造

联想记忆
core [kɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 果心,核心,要点
vt. 挖去果核

 
emerging [i'mə:dʒ]

想一想再看

vi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来

 
wheel [wi:l]

想一想再看

n. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转
vi.

 
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
pollution [pə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 污染,污染物

 
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。