手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

一起制作美味的果冻吧!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Mmm mmm! Dinner was great!

嗯嗯! 晚餐很棒!

Thanks for cooking with me, Squeaks.

吱吱,谢谢你和我一起做饭。

And you know what I love the most after a good dinner?

你知道晚餐后我最喜欢做什么吗?

Something sweet!

一些甜的食物!

How about some gelatin snacks?

来点果冻零食怎么样?

Yum!

好吃!

Whoa, no way! Gelatin is one of your favorite desserts. Mine, too!

哇,没门! 果冻是你最喜欢的甜点之一。 也是我最喜欢的!

What do you like about it?

你觉得果冻是什么样的?

You’re right! It is really wobbly. And so squishy!

对! 果冻真的很不稳定。 而且黏糊糊的!

I wonder if we could squish it through something… like a colander maybe.

我在想我们能不能用滤盆之类的东西把它过滤出来。

Awesome! Let’s do a little experiment before dessert!

太棒了! 吃甜点前我们做个小实验吧!

Okay! So, I’ve got our gelatin, a spoon, and a colander.

好吧! 我准备好了果冻,勺子和滤盆。

Normally, I use a colander to drain the water when I’m cooking pasta:

通常,当我做意大利面时,我会用滤盆把水沥干:

It has a bunch of holes in it so all the water can get out.

它有许多的洞,所以水可以流出来。

But let’s see if gelatin can squish through these holes!

让我们看看果冻能不能滤过这些洞吧!

Whoa, that’s pretty fun, isn’t it?

哇,很有趣,不是吗?

Squeaks wants to know if gelatin is a solid or a liquid… which is a good question!

吱吱想知道果冻是固体还是液体,这是个好问题!

It slices like a solid. And when you squish it, it bounces back.

果冻切起来像个固体。 而当你挤压它时,它会弹回来。

But it’s also pretty easy to push through the holes in this colander, which is a little more like a liquid than a solid.

但是果冻也很容易通过滤盆上的孔,这让它更像液体而不是固体。

And gelatin is pretty wet!

果冻很湿润!

What if we tried this with other liquids or solids?

如果我们用其他液体或固体做实验呢?

We already know liquid water goes through the holes when we use the colander to make pasta.

我们已经知道,当我们用滤盆做意大利面时,液态水会穿过这些孔。

And the pasta, which is more solid, gets stuck behind.

更硬的意大利面被卡在后面。

It seems like the gelatin is somewhere in the middle.

看起来果冻介于中间。

Oh, I love that idea!

哦,我喜欢这个主意!

Squeaks asked if we could try making gelatin together!

吱吱问我们是否可以一起做果冻!

That might help us learn why it looks and moves the way it does!

这可能会帮助我们了解为什么果冻看起来和移动的方式是那样的!

Let’s do it!

让我们来做吧!

Okay! Here’s everything we need!

好! 这是我们需要的所有东西!

Let’s start by looking at some of our gelatin powder!

让我们从观察吉利丁粉开始吧!

If we look closely, we can see it’s made of these solid grains.

如果我们仔细观察,我们可以看到它是由这些固体颗粒组成的。

We’re going to mix this powder with some boiling hot water, and stir until it’s mixed together.

我们要把这些粉末和一些沸腾的热水混合,然后搅拌直到它们混合在一起。

It’s important to be careful with boiling water so you don’t burn yourself, so I’ll go ahead and do this part.

重要的是要小心使用沸水,这样你就不会烫伤自己,所以我来做这一部分。

Now it says to stir for a couple of minutes.

现在它说要搅拌几分钟。

Squeaks, what do you think will happen when we mix this up?

吱吱,你觉得我们把这些混在一起会发生什么?

You think the powder will disappear.

你认为粉末会消失。

Oh, like the one time you and Jessi mixed sugar and water together to make rock candy!

就像那次你和杰西把糖和水混合在一起做冰糖那样!

Let’s see! Whoa! The powder looks like it’s disappearing, and the water is turning red!

让我们看看! 哇! 粉末看起来要消失了,水也变红了!

Good thinking, Squeaks! The powder is dissolving.

真聪明,吱吱! 粉末正在溶解。

It’s coming apart to mix with the water.

与水混合,它会分解。

And hot water is especially good at making things dissolve!

热水尤其擅长让东西溶解!

We’re using heat to help us make this change.

我们利用热量来实现这个变化。

Eventually, the powder is so broken up we can’t see it anymore!

最后,粉末碎得我们看不见了!

We don’t have powder and water anymore. We have a new mixture.

我们没有粉和水了。 我们有了一个新的混合物。

Which we can see with our eyes, because the color of the water changed, didn’t it?

我们可以用眼睛看到,因为水的颜色变了,不是吗?

It was clear, and now it’s red!

原来是透明的,现在变红了!

It looks like all of our powder is dissolved!

看来我们的粉末都溶解了!

Now, we need to carefully pour this mixture into the pan and let it cool in the fridge for about four hours.

现在,我们需要小心地把混合物倒进锅里,让它在冰箱里冷却大约四个小时。

Don’t worry, Squeaks, I had some gelatin cooling in the fridge already!

别担心,吱吱,已经有一些果冻在冰箱里冷却了!

But before we take a look, Squeaks: Do you think this will be wiggly, squishy gelatin, or just the same red water we put in the fridge?

但在我们查看之前,吱吱: 你认为它会是摇摆的、黏糊糊的果冻,还是和我们放进冰箱的红色水一样?

Gelatin.

是果冻。

Okay, let’s see!

好,让我们来看看吧!

Wow, look at that! It’s so wiggly and squishy!

哇,看这个! 它摇来摇去,而且黏糊糊的!

It’s gelatin, just like from our dessert earlier!

这是果冻,就像我们之前的甜点一样!

We started with a solid: our powder!

我们从固体--粉末开始制作的!

Then, we dissolved that powder into water, which is a liquid.

然后,我们把粉末溶解在水里,水是液体。

And once we cooled our mixture in the fridge, we ended up with this wobbly, squishy stuff!

当我们在冰箱里冷却混合物时,我们就得到了这个摇摇晃晃、黏糊糊的东西!

Hey, Squeaks! Can you name some other solids and liquids?

嘿, 吱吱! 你能说出一些其他的固体和液体吗?

Water is a liquid. But we can see it become a solid if we put it into the freezer.

水是液体。 但如果我们把水放进冰箱,我们可以看到它会变成固体。

It freezes into solid ice.

它会冻结成坚固的冰。

So what about our gelatin? Is it a solid or a liquid?

那么果冻呢? 它是固体还是液体?

Well, it turns out, gelatin is a little of both!

事实证明,果冻既是固体又是液体!

If we could look very closely at our gelatin powder, we’d see that the gelatin is a solid.

如果我们仔细观察吉利丁粉,我们会发现果冻是固体。

And it looks like a teeny spider web that’s all stretched out.

它看起来就像一张展开的小小蜘蛛网。

But instead of trapping insects, that web traps a bunch of tiny pieces of water.

但这个网并没有捕捉昆虫,而是捕捉了一堆小片的水。

So, you can think of our gelatin dessert as being between a solid and a liquid. It’s called a colloid.

所以,你可以把我们的果冻甜点想成介于固体和液体之间。 它被称为胶体。

That’s why it’s bouncy like some solids, but really wet and easy to squish through a colander!

这就是为什么它像一些固体一样有弹性,但却真的很湿润,很容易通过漏盆!

And we can’t get either of our ingredients back, can we, Squeaks?

吱吱,我们哪一种原料都变不回来了,对吧?

We can’t separate the water from the powder.

我们无法把水和粉末分离。

They’ve made a new combination. They’ve become gelatin!

它们做了一个新的组合。 他们已经成为了果冻!

Can you think of anything else that acts like both a solid and a liquid?

你能想到什么东西既像固体又像液体吗?

Have you ever played with oobleck? What about slime?

你玩过欧不裂吗? 黏液呢?

I hope you had fun learning with us today!

我希望你今天能和我们一起快乐地学习!

If you want to see more fun episodes with me, Squeaks, and all our friends, go ahead and hit the subscribe button.

如果你想和我、吱吱以及我们的朋友一起看更多有趣的节目,请点击订阅按钮。

And we’ll see you next time, here at the Fort.

我们下期在沃斯堡见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
separate ['sepəreit]

想一想再看

n. 分开,抽印本
adj. 分开的,各自的,

 
candy ['kændi]

想一想再看

n. 糖果
vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
powder ['paudə]

想一想再看

n. 粉,粉末,细雪,火药
vt. 洒粉于,使

 
stir [stə:]

想一想再看

n. 感动(激动,愤怒或震动), 搅拌,骚乱

 
spider ['spaidə]

想一想再看

n. 蜘蛛

 
drain [drein]

想一想再看

n. 下水道,排水沟,消耗
v. 耗尽,排出,

 
colander ['kʌləndə]

想一想再看

n. 滤器,漏勺

联想记忆
combination [.kɔmbi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 结合,联合,联合体

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。