手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

什么是宇宙大爆炸?(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Jane, age 4, asks: How was the universe created?

4岁的简问道:宇宙是如何创造的?

How can we answer this question?

我们该如何回答这个问题呢?

If the universe wasn’t created, then no one was there to see it, right?

如果宇宙没有被创造出来,那么就没有人会看到它,对吗?

You’re right, there were no people.

你说得对,没有人会看到它。

In fact, there was no anything yet.

事实上,当时还什么都没有。

No Earth… no sky… no planets or stars or anything at all.

没有地球…没有天空…没有行星、恒星或任何东西。

That means scientists have to make careful guesses about what happened a long time ago, based on what we can see now.

这意味着科学家必须根据我们现在所能看到的,对很久以前发生的事情进行仔细的猜测。

So what can we see?

那么我们能看到什么呢?

Well, you know what galaxies are, right?

你知道星系是什么,对吧?

Yeah!A galaxy is a big group of stars.

嗯!星系是一大群恒星。

The galaxy we live in is called the Milky Way.

我们所居住的星系被称为银河系。

But there are lots of star groups like ours out there in the universe.

但宇宙中有很多像我们这样的恒星群。

Exactly!And if we look really closely at these galaxies… with really strong telescopes…

没错!如果我们真的用非常强大的望远镜来仔细观察这些星系……

we can tell that most galaxies are moving away from us.

我们可以看出,大多数星系正在远离我们。

It’s almost like everything in the universe is flying apart.

就像是宇宙中的一切都在远离我们。

A little bit like when you use a party popper and all the confetti goes flying out.

有点像你用派对爆炸礼花,所有的五彩纸屑都飞出去了。

So… the universe started off inside a party popper?

宇宙是从爆炸礼花内部开始的吗?

Kind of!

可能吧!

Scientists believe all the stuff that we can see in the universe now used to be scrunched down in one tiny place… like confetti inside a party popper.

科学家们认为,我们现在在宇宙中所能看到的所有东西过去都被压缩在一个很小的地方…就像爆炸礼花里面的五彩纸屑一样。

But then it all went flying apart, and the stuff in that tiny space grew and changed into stars and planets and eventually, you and me.

但后来一切都飞出来了,在这个狭小的空间里的东西长大了,变成了恒星和行星,最终变成了你和我。

Scientists call that the Big Bang.

科学家称其为大爆炸。

That’s a really big bang.

这是一次真正的大爆炸。

The biggest!

最大的一次!

But what happened before that?

但在此之前发生了什么?

Who popped the universe’s party popper?

是谁打开了宇宙的派对礼花?

We don’t know for sure!

我们还不能确定!

And we might never know, since it came before… everything that we know of!

我们可能永远也不会知道,因为它出现在我们所知道的一切之前!

But scientists are still hard at work thinking about it.

但科学家们仍在努力工作,思考这一问题。

So maybe one day we’ll know more.

也许有一天我们会知道更多。

Let’s see… I think we have time for one more question.

让我们看看…我想我们还有时间再提一个问题。

But instead of being about the whole universe, this question is about just one planet in our solar system.

但这个问题不是关于整个宇宙,而是关于我们太阳系中的一颗行星。

Zasu, age 8, asks: does Venus have an atmosphere?

8岁的扎苏问:金星有大气层吗?

I know what an atmosphere is!

我知道什么是大气层!

On Earth, the atmosphere is a word for the air. All of it!

在地球上,大气是与空气有关的一个词。指的是所有空气!

The atmosphere is like a blanket of air that wraps all around the entire world, and reaches all the way to space.

大气层就像一层空气,包裹着整个世界,一直延伸到太空。

Yes! Without our air blanket, we definitely wouldn’t be able to breathe… or live on Earth at all.

是! 如果没有空气层,我们肯定不能呼吸…甚至无法在地球上生活。

So the question is, does planet Venus have an air blanket?

问题是,金星上有空气层吗?

What do you know about Venus, Sam?

你对金星了解多少,山姆?

Hmmm, Venus is the second planet from the Sun.

嗯,金星是离太阳第二远的行星。

It’s also our closest neighbor in space.

它也是我们在太空中最接近的邻居。

It’s a lot like Earth.

它很像地球。

Like, it’s almost the same size… and it has an atmosphere, or air blanket, too!

就像,它几乎和地球的大小一样,而且它也有大气层,或者说空气层!

It sure does.But… it’s not very much like our air blanket.

的确如此。但是…它不太像我们的空气层。

Our air blanket is made of invisible gases like oxygen, which is nice to breathe and enjoy if we’re out stargazing on a warm summer night.

我们的空气层是由氧气等看不见的气体组成的,如果我们在温暖的夏夜外出观星,呼吸起来很舒服,也很享受。

On Venus, you probably couldn’t see the stars… and you definitely couldn’t breathe the air.

在金星上,你可能看不到星星…而且你肯定不能呼吸空气。

Man… there goes my Venus picnic idea.

我去金星上野餐的想法泡汤了。

Venus’s air blanket is different than Earth’s.

金星的气毯与地球的气毯不同。

There’s a lot more of some kinds of gases, like carbon dioxide, that aren’t good to breathe.

还有更多的一些气体,比如二氧化碳,不利于呼吸。

Some of the gases even smell like rotten eggs!

有些气体甚至闻起来像臭鸡蛋!

And that means Venus’s air blanket would definitely hurt people if we visited.

这意味着如果我们造访金星的话,该星球的空气层肯定会伤害到人们。

In fact, we’ve sent spacecraft to Venus, and even they don’t last very long!

事实上,我们已经向金星发射了宇宙飞船,即使它们也不能呆很长时间!

The atmosphere of Venus is very hot and very, very heavy.

金星的大气层非常热,而且非常非常重。

Air can be heavy?

空气可以很重吗?

It doesn’t feel like anything.

空气感觉什么都不像。

I know!Air doesn’t feel like it’s heavy!

我知道!并不觉得空气很重!

But our air blanket pushes down on us a little bit.

但我们的空气层有点像压在我们身上。

We just don’t notice because it’s there all the time!

我们只是没有注意到,因为它一直都在那里!

Venus’s air blanket pushes down so much that you or I would be smushed if we went there.

金星的空气层向下压得如此之大,如果我们去那里,你或我都会被压扁。

And our spacecraft do get smushed.

我们的宇宙飞船确实被压扁了。

I don’t want to get smushed, so I think I’ll take my summer vacation somewhere else.

我不想被压扁,所以我想去别的地方度暑假。

Thank you to everybody who sent us questions today!

感谢今天给我们发问的每一个人!

You can ask a grownup to help you send your questions to us.

你可以找个大人帮你把问题发给我们。

They can get started at patreon.com/scishow.

他们可以在patreon.com/scishow上与我们练习。

We’ll see you next time, here at the fort! Bye!

我们下次在堡垒见!再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
universe ['ju:nivə:s]

想一想再看

n. 宇宙,万物,世界

联想记忆
spacecraft ['speiskrɑ:ft]

想一想再看

n. 宇宙飞船

 
invisible [in'vizəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 看不见的,无形的
n. 隐形人(或物

 
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
rotten ['rɔtn]

想一想再看

adj. 腐烂的,腐朽的

 
galaxy ['gæləksi]

想一想再看

n. 银河,一群显赫之人

联想记忆
blanket ['blæŋkit]

想一想再看

n. 毛毯,覆盖物,排字版
vt. 用毯子裹,

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。