Hello! I'm John Russell.
大家好!我是约翰·拉塞尔。
In previous videos, we explored content words - nouns, verbs, adjectives; words that are stressed in everyday speech.
在之前的视频中,我们探索了实词——名词、动词、形容词;在日常口语中重读的词。
Now let's take a look at function words - words such as pronouns, prepositions, auxiliary verbs, articles, and so on.
现在让我们来看看虚词——代词、介词、助动词、冠词等词。
Americans generally reduce function words.
美国人通常会弱读虚词。
This means that we use the so-called "weak form" of the word.
意思是我们使用词的“弱读形式”。
It is said softly and quickly.
又轻又快地说。
Often, the vowel sound changes to become the schwa sound.
通常,元音会变成混元音。
Let's explore some examples.
我们来探索一些例子。
Consider the function word to.
以虚词to为例。
In very slow speech, someone might say, "I need to go to the store."
有人可能会用很慢的语速说,“我要去商店。”
But in everyday speech, Americans often use the weak form.
但在日常对话中,美国人经常使用弱读。
It sounds like this: to. As in: "I need can go to the store. I need to go to the store."
听起来是这样的:to。如:“I need to go to the store. I need to go to the store.”
Note that the vowel in "to" changes "to" becomes "to". "I need to".
注意,“to”中的元音变成了“to”。“I need to”。
Here's another example.
下面是另一个例子。
Consider the auxiliary verb can.
以助动词can为例。
In slow speech, someone might say "I can go to the store."
有人可能会用很慢的语速说:“我可能会去商店。”
But in everyday speech, Americans often use the weak form - can.
但在日常对话中,美国人经常使用弱读形式——can。
It sounds like this: "I can go to the store. I can go to the store."
听起来是这样的:“I can go to the store. I can go to the store.”
The next time you listen to Americans speak, pay careful attention to how they reduce function words.
下次你听美国人说话时,要认真注意听他们是如何弱读虚词的。
And pay special attention to the schwa vowel sound.
要特别注意混元音的发音。
Try to practice reducing words in the manner that you hear them reduced.
试着按照你听到的弱读单词的方式来练习弱读。
It will be a long process, but with time and hard work, you will begin to reduce words much like an American.
这将会是一个漫长的过程,但随着时间的推移和努力学习,你会开始像美国人一样弱读单词。
That's all for today! Keep up the good work.
以上就是本期视频的全部内容!继续加油吧。