Hi, Dr. Jill! Do you have travel plans for the winter holiday?
嗨,吉尔博士!你寒假有旅游计划吗?
I do! I'm going to go ice fishing in Minnesota.
我有!我要去明尼苏达州冰上钓鱼。
That sounds cold! I couldn't do that.
听起来很冷!我做不到。
Well, John, I'm stronger than you are.
约翰,我比你强壮。
But your question reminds me of how the verb "have" is an unusual verb.
但你的问题让我想到动词“have”是一个不寻常的动词。
You asked if I "had" travel plans. Yes.
你问我有没有旅行计划。是的。
"Have" can act as a main verb, as in, "I have fun when I go ice fishing," or it can act as an auxiliary verb: "I have gone ice fishing many times."
“Have”可以作实义动词,例如,“我去冰上钓鱼很开心”,它也可以作助动词:“我去冰上钓鱼很多次了。”
That's right! When it is a main verb, "have" often goes with nouns or noun phrases.
没错!当它用作实义动词时,“have”通常与名词或名词短语连用。
That is why we say "I am having fun" or "I had fun when I went ice fishing".
这就是为什么我们说“我玩得很开心”或“我在冰上钓鱼时玩得很开心”。
"Have" often connects with travel, meals and drinks--and enjoyment.
“Have”通常与旅行、饮食和乐趣联系在一起。
That is why we say: "I have plans to travel," "I had lunch", "I had a drink", or "I had fun."
这就是为什么我们会说:“我有旅行计划”,“我吃过午饭了”,“我喝了酒”,或者“我玩得很开心”。
Yes, and you expressed extreme enjoyment by saying "I had a blast!"
是的,你说“我玩得很开心!”来表达极度的喜悦。
That's right--explosives make blasts.
没错——炸药会爆炸。
But by saying "I had a blast," you mean that you had a lot of fun.
但是当你说“I had a blast”,你的意思是你玩得很开心。
I bet you will have a blast on your ice fishing trip.
我敢说你的冰钓之旅一定会玩得很开心。
I just hope we don't have one of those blasts of arctic air--last winter it got to 50 degrees below zero at the lake.
我只希望我们不会遇到北极的冷空气——去年冬天,湖上的气温达到了零下50度。
Maybe one day you'll be strong enough to do ice fishing too, John.
约翰,也许有一天你也会强壮到可以去冰上钓鱼。
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。