Hi, John! I think we should talk a little more about music.
嗨,约翰!我觉得我们应该多谈谈音乐。
Hi, Faith! That's a great idea.
嗨,费思!这是个好主意。
We should talk about how we describe the effects of music.
我们应该谈谈如何描述音乐的影响。
A quick reminder to our viewers.
给我们的听众一个快速提醒。
We often use this sentence pattern to talk about music.
我们经常用这个句型来谈论音乐。
Subject-linking verb-adjective (or subject complement.)
主语-系动词-形容词(或主语补足语)。
When we describe the effects that music has on us, adjectives play a special part.
当我们描述音乐对我们的影响时,形容词起着特殊的作用。
We can use adjectives such as "relaxing," "calming", "exciting", "moving", or "touching".
我们可以使用以下形容词,如“relaxing(令人放松的)”、“calming(平静的)”、“exciting(兴奋的)”、“moving(动人的)”或“touching(感人的)”。
For example, we might say: This music is relaxing, or this song is very touching.
例如,我们可以说:这段音乐让人感到放松,或者这首歌很感人。
Sometimes English speakers replace an adjective with a special kind of phrase.
有时以英语为母语的人会用一种特殊的短语来代替形容词。
These phrases name or describe something about the subject.
这些短语命名或描述有关该主题的事物。
For example, you might say: The violin sounds out of tune, or the singer is out of his mind.
例如,你可以说:小提琴拉得走调了,或者歌手疯了。
The phrase "out of tune" means not having the correct pitch or intonation.
短语“out of tune”指的是音调或音准不正确。
The phrase "out of his mind" means that the singer has lost control of his mind or went insane.
短语“out of his mind”的意思是歌手失去了对自己思想的控制(即精神错乱)。
Let's end this video with a quiz.
让我们以一个小测验来结束本期视频。
Make a sentence that uses the noun "song" and the adjective "exciting".
用名词“song”和形容词“exciting”造句。
Pause the video to consider your answer.
暂停视频来考虑你的答案。
Here is one possible answer: This song is exciting.
这是一个可能的答案:这首歌令人感到兴奋。
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。