2.实用对话
Rheumatism风湿病
Doctor: What's the matter with you?
医生:你怎么了?
Patient: Almost all the joints of my body are aching.
病人:我全身几乎所有的关节都在痛。
Doctor: And any other symptoms?
医生:还有其他症状吗?
Patient: When I'm aching, I can't sleep. And I don't feel like eating sometimes.
病人:我疼的时候都睡不着觉。有时候还不想吃东西。
Doctor: Let me have a look.. Mm, it seems you suffer from rheumatism. They are swelling.
医生:我来给你检查一下…嗯,你好像得了风湿病。关节都肿了。
( pressing the wrists of the patient )
(挤压了一下病人的手腕关节)
Patient: Ouch!
病人:哎唷!
Doctor: When does your pain become more intense?
医生:这种疼痛什么时候会加剧?
Patient: Any time I'm moving a little too quickly.
病人:只要我动作过快时就会更疼。
Doctor: And during rainy days?
医生:在下雨的时候疼吗?
Patient: Oh, yes. It becomes unbearable on rainy days.
病人:疼,下雨天疼得都受不了。
Doctor: I think acupuncture will work wonders for you but only if you think you can bear the pain.
医生:如果你能忍受疼痛的话,用针灸是很有效的。
Patient: It 'can,t be worse than the pam I'm feeling now. I'll try anything you say, Doc.
病人:那也不会比我现在更疼的,就按您说的试试吧,医生。