重点讲解:
1. when it comes to
谈到;涉及;
eg. Perspective taking is particularly useful when it comes to your boss.
面对上司的时候,换位思考尤其有效 。
eg. Carol is no match for her mother when it comes to cooking.
卡罗尔在烹饪方面不是她妈妈的对手 。
2. let's say
比如说;比方说;
eg. Let's say you decide that one of your non-negotiable items is time for a life outside of work.
比方说,你认定工作之外还有个人生活的时间是你最珍视的价值 。
eg. Let's say you've just graduated college.
让我们假设你刚刚从学校毕业 。
3. take away
拿走;夺走;
eg. Mr. Perlin also argues that internships take away opportunities from regular workers.
波林还认为,实习生制度剥夺了正式员工的机会 。
eg. Education, she said, is her only weapon. It is something, she said, no one can take away from her.
教育是她唯一的武器,是没有任何人能剥夺走的东西 。
4. in other words
换言之;换句话说;也就是说;
eg. In other words, it signals trust.
也就是说,这是信任的表现 。
eg. But these from actual set out of the research have no theories to do instruction, in other words, there is no theories foundation.
但这些从实际出发的研究没有理论做指导,换句话说,没有理论基础 。
5. turn in
交还;返还;
eg. You must turn in your gun when you leave the army.
你离开军队时必须交还枪支 。
eg. The official showed up to tell her to turn in her library books.
那名管理人员出面让她返还所借图书馆的书 。
6. take care of
照顾;照看;看护;
eg. I'll take care of this right now.
我现在就帮你解决这个问题 。
eg. You might not always be able to completely control your progress, but you can always take care of your actions.
你可能不能够完全控制进度,但你可以随时管理你的行动计划 。
7. go off
(爆炸装置)爆炸;(枪)开火;
eg. He held the gun tightly; he wondered if he was holding it too tightly, so tightly that it would go off before he wanted it to.
他紧紧握着枪,他怕自己把枪握得太紧了,紧得在他想要开枪之前就走了火 。
eg. Living with an angry person is like living with a time bomb: You never know when it's going to go off.
跟肝火太旺的人一起生活就像跟一颗定时炸弹一样,你永远不知道炸弹何时会爆炸 。
adj. 严格的,精确的,完全的