听歌学英语点歌台
点播:Wayfarer
歌名:The Sound Of Silence
歌曲:寂静之声
歌手:Simon Garfunkel
Hello darkness my old friend.
嗨 暗夜 我的老朋友
I've come to talk with you again.
我又来和你聊天啦
Because a vision softly creeping.
因为幻觉在悄悄地袭来
Left its seeds while I was sleeping.
在我的睡梦中埋下种子
And the vision that was planted in my brain.
脑海中的幻象生根发芽
Still remains.
仍在缠绕着
Within the sound of silence
在这寂静之声中
In restless dreams I walked alone.
在辗转难眠的梦中我独自漫步
Narrow streets of cobble stone.
在铺着鹅卵石的羊肠小道上
'Neath the halo of a street lamp.
在路灯昏黄的灯光下
I turned my collar to the cold & damp.
我把衣领立起来抵挡冰冷潮湿
When my eyes were stabbed by
the flash of a neon light.
当闪烁的霓虹灯刺入我眼帘
That split the night.
撕裂了夜
And touched the sound of silence.
然后触碰到了寂静之声
And in the naked light I saw.
在茫茫夜幕下 我看到
Ten thousand people maybe more.
成千上万的人们
People talking without speaking.
人们说而不言
People hearing without listening.
人们听而不闻
People writing songs that voices never share.
人们谱写无人吟唱的乐章
And no one dare.
但是无人敢
Disturb the sound of silence
打破这寂静之声
"Fool" said I "you do not know.
我说 愚蠢的人们啊 你们不知道
"Silence like a cancer grows.
寂静就像顽疾滋长
Hear my words that I might teach you.
倾听我的言语我可以教诲你
"Take my arms that I might reach you.
抬起我的臂膀我可以触到你
But my words like silent raindrops fell
但我的言语就像寂静雨点簌簌滑落
And echoed in the wells of silence
在这寂静之井中回荡
And the people bowed & prayed.
人们叩首祈祷
To the neon God they made.
向着他们自制的霓虹神明
And the sign flash out its warning.
神迹发出警示
In the words that it was forming
它告诉人们
And the sign said "The words of the prophets.
神迹说 预言家的话
Are written on the subway walls tenement halls".
写在地铁的墙上和房屋的走廊
And whispered in the sounds of silence.
在这寂静之声中轻轻低吟
The vision that was planted in my brain.
脑海中的幻象生根发芽
Still remains.
仍在缠绕着
vision
n.视力;视野;想象;影像;
Cats have good night vision.
猫在夜间视力好。
We apologize for the loss of vision.
很抱歉没法显示画面。
想象;展望
I have a vision of a society that is free
of exploitation and injustice.
我希望建立一个没有剥削和不公的社会。
exploitation
剥削;压榨;开发
injustice
不公正;无道义
plant
使思想、信念等植根于;灌输
He planted the first seeds of doubt in my mind.
他第一个在我心中播下了怀疑的种子。
加强比较级还要;更
The next day was warmer still.
第二天更暖和了。
If you can manage to get two tickets that's better still.
要是你能设法弄到两张票,那就更好了。
still less
更不用说;更何况
No explanation was offered, still less an apology.
连个解释都不给,就更不用说道歉了。
adj.静止的;平静的;安静的;寂静的
Can't you sit still ?
你就不能老老实实坐一会儿吗?
Keep still while I brush your hair.
我给你梳头时你不要动。
The kids found it hard to stay still .
孩子们觉得待着不动很难做到。
主持人微信公众号:多语言易学堂
Linda私微:18782003531