But I have to make sure that you keep this from your friends.但我得确保你不会告诉你的朋友们
make sure弄明白; 设法确保
I'm going to make sure if I'm going to Macao.
我要拿定主意我是否去澳门。
Make sure his appointment doesn't clash with mine.
一定不要让他的约会跟我的约会订在同一个时间。
keep from阻止, 妨碍
I hope you will keep from doing nothing rash.
我希望你不要做出任何鲁莽的事情来。
She bit her lip to keep from crying.
她咬着嘴唇克制着自己不要哭。
I promised I wouldn't keep anything from you.我保证过不隐瞒你任何事
promise, allow这两个词都可译为“答应”,其区别是:
allow含义是“允许”,而promise含义是“应承”。例如:
He has allowed me to come.
他允许我来。
He promised me to come.
他答应我他会来。
If it got out before the police...如果消息在警局公布之前就走漏了...
get out泄漏
I wouldn't want it to get out on him.
我不想他把这一秘密泄露出去。