I made it look like one page of a private letter:
我让这些文字看起来像是一页私人信件:
…Black Stone. Scudder had discovered this, but he could do nothing for a fortnight.
……黑石。斯卡德尔已经发现了。但在两周之内他没有办法。
I don't think it's any good now because Karolides is uncertain about his plans.
我觉得情况不妙,因为现在卡罗里德斯对他的行动还未下决心。
But if Mr T. advises, I will do the best I…
但如果T先生要求那样,我会尽力……
'Give this to them and say you found it in my bedroom.
"请把这个给他们,就说您在我卧室发现的。
Ask them to return it to me if they find me. '
就说如果他们能找到我,把这个还给我。"
Three minutes later the car began to move.
三分钟后,汽车启动了。
From behind the curtain I saw two men in it, one thin, one fatter.
从窗帘后面看到车里坐着两个人,一瘦一胖。
The young man came back. He was very excited.
那个年轻人回来了。他异常兴奋。
'That paper woke them up, 'he said, happily. 'The thin man went white, and the fat one whistled.
"那张纸让他们坐不住了。"他兴高彩烈地说:"瘦子的脸变得煞白,胖子吹起了口哨。
Then they left as quickly as they could. '
后来就忙不迭地走了。"
'Now I'll tell you what I want you to do, 'I said.
"来,我告诉您下一步怎么做,"我说。
'Go to the police station and describe the two men to them.
"去警察局告诉他们这两个人什么长相。