Lady Gresham,may I introduce my niece Comtesse De Feuillide and Mr Fowle,Cassandra's fiance.
格莱谢姆夫人 请允许我介绍我的侄女 福伊德伯爵夫人 法沃 卡珊德拉的未婚夫
Comtesse? Then you presume to be French? By marriage.
伯爵夫人?那么说你是法国人? 我丈夫是法国人
Monsieur le Comte is not here to pay his respects?
你先生不来这里给我道安吗?
A prior engagement,ma'am Monsieur le Comte was obliged to pay his respects to Madame le Guillotine.
夫人 他去赴另外一个约会了 伯爵先生已经驾鹤西去了
Oh!I see your nephew is with us again.
哦! 您的侄子也来了
Mr Wisley.Wisley is indispensable to my happiness.Well,do sit down.
卫斯理先生 卫斯理是我快乐的源泉 好了 都请坐吧
Mr Fowle and Cassandra are only recently engaged.
法沃和卡珊德拉最近刚刚订婚
When shall you marry?
你们打算什么时候结婚?
Not for some time,Your Ladyship.Why not?
最近还不会 夫人 为什么?
I'm also engaged to go to the West Indies,with Lord Craven's expedition against the French,as chaplain.
作为克莱文爵士远征军随军牧师 我将要去西印度群岛与法国人作战
What has Craven offered you?I've hopes of a parish on my return.
克莱文答应给你什么报酬? 我回来之后可以有自己的教区
How much is it worth?
那个教区值多少?
Enough to marry on,in a modest way.
至少足够结婚用的了
Mr Wisley,did you know the Basingstoke assemblies resume?
卫斯理先生 你知道吗 贝辛斯托克又要开舞会了
Very soon,I believe.
我想很快就可以开始了
Jane does enjoy a ball.Wisley can't abide them.
简非常喜欢舞会呀 卫斯理无法忍受这种场合