手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

教你制作太阳能热气流塔

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's a beautiful, sunshiny day where we live!

我们居住的地方天气晴朗,阳光明媚。
My favorite thing about a nice day like this is feeling the warm sun on my face.
在这样的天气里,阳光洒在脸上的感觉是我最享受的,暖暖的。
But did you know, aside from just feeling nice, the sun's warmth is a kind of energy?
但你知道吗?阳光除了感觉美好之外,它还是一种能源。
You're right, Squeaks! We use energy from the sun's light and heat for lots of things!
吱吱,你说得对。我们利用太阳的光能和热能做很多事情。
When you use the energy from the sun, that's called solar power,
从太阳中获取的能源,我们称之为太阳能。
because "solar" is just another word for things that come from the sun.
因为"solar"是与太阳相关的另一个单词。
Have you ever seen a bunch of big, flat, black rectangles on top of a building?
你曾见过屋顶上的一组巨大而扁平的黑色矩形块儿吗?
Those are solar panels. They take sunlight and turn it into electricity!
它们是太阳能板,能吸收阳光并将之转换成电能。
Some people also collect the heat from sun to warm their homes or heat their water.
一些人也收集太阳的热量来暖屋或给水加热。
I even built Squeaks to run on solar power!
我制作的吱吱就是利用太阳能运作的。
You know, Squeaks, this warm, sunny day got me thinking about a cool project
吱吱,这温暖和煦的日子让我想起了一件有趣的玩意儿,
that we can do together to use the sun's energy ourselves.
我们可以利用太阳能一起制作它。
Do we try it out?
我们要试试吗?
Okay, let's do it!
好,我们现在就做。
We're going to build something called a solar updraft tower.
我们要制作一个太阳能热气流塔。
Since it has the word "solar" in it, you already know that it has something to do with the sun.
因为它的名字里有个“solar”,那么它就与太阳有关了。
"Updraft" just means a kind of wind where air moves up. And you know what a tower is!
热气流是指一种空气向上流动的风。你也清楚塔是什么!
So, can you guess what our solar updraft tower will do?
那么,你能猜到太阳能热气流塔是做什么的吗?
It'll take sunlight, and use that to make air move upward through the tower and spin a paper pinwheel!
它能吸收阳光,利用阳光使空气向塔顶流动,从而转动纸风车。
You can try this project at home, too.
你也可以在家试着做做。
First, you'll need three clean tin cans with the tops and bottoms cut off.
首先,你要准备三个干净的锡罐,剪掉顶部和底部。
You'll also need some tape, a piece of wire like a paper clip, some thumbtacks, and two books that are about the same thickness.
你还要准备一些胶带,一段曲别针之类金属丝,几个图钉,两本相同厚度的书。
They should be pretty big books.
它们应该都是大书。
Then, ask a grownup to cut a piece of paper into a square, 15 centimeters, or about 6 inchs on each side.
然后请大人帮忙剪张边长15厘米或大约6英寸的方形纸。
And, most importantly, you need a sunny day!
最重要的是要有个晴天。

风车.jpg

Now we're going to build the tower.

现在我们要建塔了。
First, stack up the cans and tape them together really well.
首先,把锡罐摞起来,粘在一起。
Next, bend the wire a paperclip into an arch shape, like this, and tape it to the top of the tower of cans.
接下来,把曲别针弯成拱形,就像这样,把它粘在锡罐摞的塔顶上。
Then, get a grownup to help you attach the thumbtack to the top of wear arc with tape, like this!
然后,让大人帮忙,照我的做,用胶带将图钉固定在拱形曲别针的顶部。
Now, we'll fold the pinwheel.
现在,我们将叠纸风车了。
Grab your square paper and have a grownup help you cut diagonally from the corners.
拿出方形纸,让大人帮忙在斜对角线上对切。
Don't cut all the way through the paper, though!
但不要把整张纸剪穿。
Stop cutting about this far from the middle.
剪到与中心这么远就可以了。
Once all the corners are cut, fold them like this, and tape them together in the center.
所有的斜对角剪好后,像这样折叠,在中心位置把它们粘在一起。
Then get your grownup to stick the pinwheel onto the pointy end of the tack.
然后让大人把纸风车插到图钉的尖儿上。
And our tower is ready!
我们的塔就这样做好了。
All we have to do now is put the can tower on top of the books, so there's a gap at the bottom,
现在我们只需要把它放在书上,这样底部就有了一个缺口,
and set the whole thing near a window, where there's direct sunlight,
然后把整个塔放在太阳直射的窗户边上,
so the sun is shining straight through the window.
这样,太阳就能透过窗户射进来了。
It might take a while, depending on how warm and sunny it is where you are,
可能要等会儿,这取决于你所在地方的温度和阳光强度,
so be patient and check on your tower every now and then.
所以要有耐心,不时地检查一下。
After a while, something really cool will happen!
不久,神奇的事情发生了。
Whoa! The pinwheel is spinning!
哇,纸风车转了。
It isn't magic, Squeaks! It's science!
这不是魔法,这是科学。
When the sun shines on the cans, they get hot.
阳光照到锡罐后,它就会变热。
Some of that heat travels through the metal to the inside of the cans, so there's hot air inside the tower. And hot air rises.
一些热量透过金属传到了锡罐里面,使得塔内部的空气温度变高,热空气会上升。
Squeaks, do you remember when we learned about how hot air balloons work?
吱吱,你还记得我们学过的热气球的工作原理吗?
Well, this is the same kind of idea.
这与它一样。
Air might seem like it's made of nothing,
空气像是不可分的,
but it's actually made of lots of little tiny particles, way too small to see.
但它确是由很多微小的人眼看不到的粒子构成的,
When sunlight heats up the air inside our tower,
当阳光加热塔内空气时,
the heat makes those tiny particles start to bounce around faster and faster and spread out.
热量会使这些微小粒子运动的越来越快,四处散开。
Warmer air that's more spread out like that will move upward,
这样暖空气会变得更分散,开始向上运动,
so it's on top of the cooler air that's less spread out.
而顶部空气温度低而分散得少。
It's a lot like how a plastic spoon will float on water!
这和塑料勺子会浮在水上很相像。
In our tower, that means that when the sun warms up the air inside the cans,
在塔内,这意味着阳光加热锡罐里的空气时,
the warmer air will move upward through the tower and make the paper pinwheel spin as it passes by.
暖空气将会运动到塔顶,当它逸出塔时,会带动纸风车转动。
Then cooler air comes in through the gap on the bottom of the tower, gets heated up, and rises,
而冷空气通过塔底的空隙进入塔内,变热后上升,
so there's a constant flow of warm air that keeps the wheel spinning.
这样就会有持续的暖气流保持纸风车转动。
We've made a solar updraft tower.
现在我们的太阳能热气流塔就制成了。
There are some places in the world where they actually use giant solar updraft towers to generate electricity!
世界上确实有些地方利用大型的太阳能热气流塔发电。
So the next time you feel the warm sun on your face, remember that it's more than just a nice feeling,
所以下次你感到暖暖的阳光照到脸上时,要记得它不只是一种美好的感觉,
sunlight is a powerful and useful source of energy.
也是一种强大而有用的能源资源。
It's the same energy Squeaks uses to get around!
它和吱吱活动使用的能量是一样的。
Thanks for joining us on SciShow Kids!
感谢您收看儿童科学秀。
And thanks to Google Making Science for helping us with this episode.
感谢“Google Making Science”对本期的大力支持。
Did you make a solar updraft tower of your own? We'd love to see it!
你自己制作过太阳能热气流塔吗?我们很乐意看看您的成果。
Grab a grownup to help you send a picture to Kids@SciShow.com, or leave a comment for us down below!
请大人帮忙发个照片到Kids@SciShow.com,或者是在下方留言。
Thanks, we'll see you next time, here the fort.
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,我们在沃斯堡等你。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
clip [klip]

想一想再看

n. 夹子,钳,回形针,弹夹
n. 修剪,(羊

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
tin [tin]

想一想再看

n. 罐头,锡,听头
adj. 锡制的

 
constant ['kɔnstənt]

想一想再看

adj. 经常的,不变的
n. 常数,恒量

联想记忆
spin [spin]

想一想再看

v. (使)旋转,疾驰,纺织,结网,眩晕
n.

 
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
thickness ['θiknis]

想一想再看

n. 厚度,一层,含混不清

 
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 我们为什么要擦防晒霜 2017-07-15
  • 动物是怎么伪装惑敌的 2017-07-17
  • 蚯蚓的趣闻 2017-07-21
  • 你对银河了解多少 2017-07-23
  • 你知道金鱼是怎么呼吸的吗 2017-07-25
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。