手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

男女工资平等为何遥不可及?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Did you know that more than half the country are women? It's true.

知道吗,全国一半以上人口是女性,真的。
And yet, somehow, more than half the money goes to men.
但是,全国一半以上的资金都去了男人那里。
According to the Census Bureau, women earn 78 cents for every dollar made my men.
根据人口调查局报告,男人挣1美元女人只挣78美分。
A new study conducted by the Institute for Women's Policy Research indicates
根据“女性政策研究协会”的最新研究表明,
that American women won't see equal pay until 2058.
女性工资要等到2058年才能与男性一致。
Right around the time scientists predict the earth will completely be covered in water.
但根据科学家预测,全球完全被水淹没的时间也差不多在那个时候。
I hope your precious money floats, ladies.
女性朋友们,希望你们的钱还在。

男女工资平等为何遥不可及?

For more, we're joined by senior women's issues correspondent Kristen Schaal.

关于这个话题,我们请来了高级女性问题记者克里斯汀·沙尔。
Kristen! Yeah.
克里斯汀,你好。
This news I have just relayed it seems bleak.
刚才这些新闻似乎有点不乐观。
What? No, this is incredible news!
什么?怎么会? 这是一则令人难以置信的新闻!
Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2058! Drinks on me!
今晚,我们要像是在2058年一样欢庆!今天的酒水我请了!
Hey, can I borrow your credit card?
我能借你的信用卡一用吗?
Cause I'm not going to get pay equality for a while.
要实现工资平均还得有一段时间。
Now... It's a lot of people.
今天来了很多人啊。
Here's what I don't understand. I don't understand why it's gonna take so long?
我不明白的是。我不明白的是为什么要那么久?
That's why, you know what, I know how to solve this.
我知道怎么解决。
Let's pay women the same as men! Come on! Come on, yeah!
让男女工资平等吧!来吧!平等吧!
Let's do it! Let's do it! You're welcome, ladies!
平等!平等!不用谢,女士们!
You did it, John! Yeah! Whoo!
你做到了约翰!是的,喔!
We should pass a law! A law!
我们应该立法,立法!
That's like some sort of Equal Pay Act law! Boom! Yeah!
这有点像同工酬法案,对的,没错!
Like the one Kennedy already signed in 1963. Great idea, John.
有点像1963年肯尼迪颁布的法案,想法不错约翰。
Hey, you heard of these four mop tops out of Liverpool?
你听过利物浦的四个小圆头(披头士乐队)吗?
I think they gonna be big!
我认为他们一定会火!
We did, we did? We passed that Equal Pay law?
我们通过了吗?那个同工筹法?
Well, what was that Lilly Ledbetter Act a few years ago, what was?
那几年前的“莉莉·莱德贝特公平工资赔复法”是什么回事?那是什么?
Well, that just made it easier to sue the jerks violating the 1963 law.
那个法案只是为了控告那些违反1963年法案的蠢货设立的。
A lot of people assumed that law was just for show.
许多人认为这个赔复法只是做做样子。
But still, that's great. We got equal pay!
但这很好啊,人民获得了平等工筹!
We got the law that you can sue for equal pay, so great!
我们可以做到有法可依,控告那些违法的人,所以很好啊!
Kristen Schaal, everybody! That was a short piece, but we'll be right back.
克里斯汀·沙尔,朋友们!这段节目很短,但马上回来。
That's terrific, everybody take care and...
观众朋友们下次再见!
No! Stop! We're not done here!
停!我们还没说完。
Camera, you stay on me. You, lock the doors!
镜头对着我!你去关门!
Because there are two wage gaps.
因为出现了两个工资差距。
There you are! What! Yes!
来了!什么?
One of your classic, hey lady, here's your paycheck, uh, wait one second!
其中之一,女士,这是你的工资条,等一下啊!
Oh, yeah, there you go.
给你。
Wait, why did you rip some of it?
你为什么斯去一部分?
Oh, I don't know, your chromosomes, felt like it.
不知道,是因为你的染色体吧。
But it gets worse!
但比这还糟糕!
What? Worse than this?
什么?比这还差?
Yes, the other more mysterious wage gap, the systemic one.
另一个神秘差距是,体赤的,体制的。
Systemic, Systemic. It's a complicated word.
体制的,体制的,这个词很难说。
You can say, you can say the system-ic or systemic!
你可以说制度上的,或体制的!
Both of them, gross!
这两个都很恶心!
It's bar-bar—ic! Yes! Sure! Yes, yes.
那个是野蛮的!对了!很明白了。
You're talking about, obviously, you're talking about the system that prints the paychecks wrong.
你说的是这个体制,这个工资条打错了。
Oh John, you don't have any idea what I'm talking about... no, I'm a dude.
约翰,你没明白我的意思,我太傻了。
Society makes it easier for men to go into higher paying jobs
对于男性来说,他们找到高薪工作的机会很大,
supports them more when they get them.
获得工作以后,他们的各个福利都很好。
So then all we have to do is provide women better childcare options,
所以我们要做的就是提供给女性更好的儿童福利,
educational opportunities, change all the messaging in media and entertainment,
更好的教育机会,改变媒体和娱乐界的所有信息传递方式。
I mean, how complicated really could this be?
这有什么复杂的?
Right, not very complicated.
不是很复杂。
But here are some apparently less complicated things that are going to happen before then.
但有许多更简单的事情要在这之前发生。
Makers of a ground-breaking "flying car" say it will go on sale in 2017.
“飞车”制造商称将在2017年销售空中客车。
NASA is working really hard to get people out to the planet Mars by the year 2030.
美航天局称将努力让人类在2030年之前登上火星。
We're going to be flying cars on Mars 28 years before women,
在女性获得同工筹之前,人类要提早28年实现飞上火星的愿望。
No, that's not, they've been talking about that forever!
不是,他们正在讨论见鬼的未来!
The Mars and the flying cars, oh we're going to have jet packs and dinner in a pill.
什么火星啊,飞车啊,我们要使用喷气背包,还要吃药丸式的晚饭。
I've seen The Jetsons! This is all bull... Give me something real!
我看过《杰森一家》!这些都是见鬼的东西。说点真的!
All right, not real enough? How's this for real?
好的,不够真实?这个怎么样?
One man says that, ten years from now, he will be able to print an entire human heart. Holy... Yeah.
某男子表示,他将在10年内制作出真实的人类心脏。见鬼。恩恩。
You're telling me we're going to print a human heart out of a Xerox machine
你是说我们可以通过施乐打印机打印人类心脏,
before women get pay equality.
但这会在女性同工筹之前。
No, I'm telling you we're going to print human hearts out of xerox machines
不是,我是说我们可以通过施乐打印机打印人类心脏,
30 years before women get pay equality!
但这要比女性同工筹提前30年!
At this point we'd be better off printing a 3D penis,
如果这样的话,我们还不如3D一个小弟弟,
slapping it on the bank counter and saying hey society, fuck you, pay me!
然后摔在银行柜台,大声叫到给我钱!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
sue [su:]

想一想再看

vt. 控告,起诉
vi. 请求,追求,起诉

 
predict [pri'dikt]

想一想再看

v. 预知,预言,预报,预测

联想记忆
census ['sensəs]

想一想再看

n. 户口普查

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
entertainment [.entə'teinmənt]

想一想再看

n. 娱乐

联想记忆
bleak [bli:k]

想一想再看

adj. 萧瑟的,严寒的,阴郁的

联想记忆
senior ['si:njə]

想一想再看

adj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的

联想记忆
institute ['institju:t]

想一想再看

n. 学会,学院,协会
vt. 创立,开始,制

联想记忆
counter ['kauntə]

想一想再看

n. 计算器,计算者,柜台
[计算机] 计数器

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。