手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

深刻解析印度大选

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

No matter who becomes India's next Prime Minister,

不管谁将成为印度总理,
their election will have global consequences.
此次选举将对世界产生影响。
Our own Jason Jones has more.
请听本节目特约记者杰森·琼斯的报道。
India is having an election.
印度将举行大选。
And I've always been told it's an incredible place to visit.
人们一直跟我说印度是个难以置信的国家。
But I'd rather avoid dysentery in 120 degree weather.
但在120度高温天气下,为了避免患上腹泻,
So instead I went to the India Consulate in New York
我前往了印度驻纽约领事馆,
and met with ambassador Dinishi..., Dinishiwu...I met with the ambassador.
会见了印度大使迪尼仕,迪尼斯,总之会见了大使。

深刻解析印度大选

Mr. Ambassador, I am not at all embarrassed to admit that I know nothing about India.

大使先生,我不惭愧的讲,我对印度一无所知。
Yeah, well it's always good to start.
没关系,现在开始也来得及。
I hear you guys are having a little election.
我听说印度将举行大选。
Yes. India is actually the greatest democracy in the world.
是的,印度其实是世界上最民主的国家。
No, that's the united states of America. It's the greatest democracy in the world.
不,美国才是。
No, how do you define it?
你是怎么定义民主的?
Oh, I don't know, 121 million people voting in our last election.
我不知道,有1.21亿人在上次大选中参与了投票,可能是这个吧。
And we have 814 million registered voters.
但我们有8.14亿注册选民。
OK, but that's, that's, that's in rupees. How many in American?
但那是卢比,有多少美金呢?
I think we don't convert people into rupees and dollars.
我们不会把人换成卢比或美金。
I know why you guys know so much about us because we're the best.
我知道你们为什么那么了解我们,因为我们是最伟大的。
But, why don't we know anything about you?
但是,我们为什么对你们一无所知?
You know, you can't understand India in one life.
你用一生去了解印度都不够用。
A person from Tamil Nadu in the south would not understand the language of somebody in the northeast.
南部泰米尔纳德邦人不明白东北部人的语言。
My wife often thinks when I say no, she think it's yes.
我妻子总认为我说的是“是”,但其实我说的是“不是”。
How do you say no?
你怎么说“不是”?
I say it like this.
我会点头。
What you say no like this?
你说“不”的时候会点头吗?
So, actually now you're confusing me. I really don't know.
你把我搞混了,我现在也不知道了。
You don't remember how you say no?
你不记得你怎么说“不是”了?
At one level India is very confusing, at another level it's very, very fascinating.
从一方面讲,印度会让你很困惑,但它却又非常迷人。
Well, ambassador, if your elections are so fascinating,
那么大使先生,如果印度选举那么迷人,
then why is this all I can find about India on American television?
那么我在美国电视上看到的印度为什么会是这样?
Good rice, good curry, good Gandhi, let's hurry.
米饭很香,咖喱味很正,哦,伟大的甘地,赶紧吃吧。
The coverage here is, I would say, lopsided.
你们对印度的报道是畸形的。
It doesn't capture the complexity, it doesn't capture the enthusiasm of Indian people.
这些报道没有反应出印度的复杂性,还有印度人民的热情。
It's, it's, it's something that you must see to believe.
许多事情你需要眼见为实。
Please do not dare me to go to India.
请别让我去印度。
This is really a fascinating election.
这次选举一定会非常精彩。
Don't make me go to India.
别让我去。
No, you must go.
你一定要去,
But, I don't want to go.
但我不想去。
Sitting behind a desk in the U.S. and appreciating or understanding Indian elections is almost next to impossible.
想要坐在这里了解印度选举几乎是不可能的。
OK, you know what, pal?
你知道吗?
I am going to go find someone who is willing to travel to India.
我会找那些想去的人去。
You better go. You better go. I'm going. You better go.
你应该去,你应该去,我走了,你最好去。
And luckily, I knew someone who loved India.
太幸运了,我知道谁愿意去。
Guess what? Who are you?
猜猜是谁?你是谁?
Hi, I'm Jordan.
你好,我是乔丹。
Yeah, I don't care. Where's Mandvi?
我不管你是谁,曼迪维去哪了?
He's has an HBO show.
他在录制HBO(HBO电视网)节目。
Well, good news. You are going to India.
给你个好消息,你将前往印度。
Oh, I can't. I'm a racist.
我不能去,我有种族歧视。
Jessica! I can't. I'm a racist, too.
杰西卡!我也有种族歧视。
Looks like you're going to India, have a nice trip.
看来你要去印度了,旅途愉快。
I really didn't want to have to come to India.
我真的不想来。
You know, I'm pretty hungry. Let's go grab some chilled monkey brains.
我现在太饿了。来一只烤猴脑尝尝。
Is that racist, by the way?
你觉得这个种族歧视吗?
Okay, let's avoid that civil war there.
我们不要去发生内战的地方。
No, no can't fly in their airspace.
我们要绕开这些空域。
Whoa, too many drones there.
喔,这里有许多无人机啊。
There we go. Delhi.
我们将前往德里。
Just one look at the chaos of India's capital city
印度首都凌乱不堪,
and it was clear there was no way this democracy could equal ours.
很明显印度的民主不可能与我们同日而语,
For example in the U.S., you are free to choose one of two parties
比如说在美国,你可以在两党之间随意选择,
and in India you holy...there's a lot of choices.
但在印度,你却有这么多选择。
OK, but in America, a staggering 23% of our youth plan on voting in our next elections.
在美国,有23%的青年人计划将在下一届选举中投票。
Match that, India.
但反观印度。
As you know 60 years we have been with the Congress Party,
印度国大党执政已经有60年了,
we're trying something new this time.
这次我们希望进行改革。
So, you're 15 years old and you actually care about politics.
但你刚刚15岁就开始关心政治了。
Yes, we do because it is our future.
是的,因为这关系到我们的未来。
Really? You guys all care about politics? Yes.
真的吗?你们都是吗?是的。
Yes, of course I care about politics because our future depends on us,
当然,因为这关乎我们的未来,
our future depends on us, so we care a lot about politics.
所以我非常关注,非常关注。
You care that much you didn't even notice that motorcycle. Yeah. Wow.
你的关注度超过了你对摩托车的关注,是的,喔。
And with 150 million first-time voters,
印度有1.5亿新选民,
maybe India's youth is a little more engaged than ours.
或许印度的青少年比我们更关注政治。
But in America, our politicians know how to speak to each color-coded group.
但在美国,我们的政界人士知道如何团结有色人种。
I just want to say thank you Daddy Yankee.
我非常感谢你扬基老爹。
Who let the dogs out? Who? Who?
谁把狗放出来了?谁?
So, India, does your democracy pander to its minorities?
那么在印度,你们的民主又是如何团结少数民族的?
I'm looking for, looking for minorities, it's, it's, people who look minorities.
我正在找少数民族,看起来像少数民族的人种。
I don't know, what is your minority here?
我不知道这里的少数民族都有什么?
Hey pal, you speak English? Yes.
兄弟你说英语吗?是的。
You do. Okay. What's uh, what's uh, do minorities look like here? You.
好的,你知道这里的少数民族长什么样吗?像你一样的。
Like me? Yes.
像我?是的。
Oh yes. Why am I asking the questions then?
是的,我为什么要问这样的问题?
Here, you take it. I'll take that.
你拿着这个,我戴着这个。
Here, let's, let's swap them. Just read them.
咱俩换个位置。读这个。
Why are white people so fat? What?
为什么白人长得很胖?什么?
Why are, why are white people so fat?
为什么,为什么白人长得很胖?
No, I heard you. It's just very offensive.
我听明白了,这个问题非常的无礼。
Why are white people so lazy?
为什么白人很懒惰?
You can't say that!
你不能这么说!
I have 30 others, do you want me to keep going?
我还有30个问题,你想让我继续问吗?
No. I don't want you to keep going.
你别继续了。
Is that what this interview is all about? To make me look foolish as a minority?
这次采访就是这样的吗?让我作为少数民族当众出丑?
The interview is over.
采访结束。
But, the real work is just beginning.
但真正的工作才刚刚开始。
Because everywhere I went in India, everyone had an opinion on politics.
不管在印度何处,所有人对政治都有自己的看法。
Every person's aspiration, every single vote.
每一张投票都代表了人们的期望。
You know, I appreciate all that but I've got a long, long line of guys I've got to get to.
非常感谢你,但是我还要采访这么多人。
Thank you so much. Everybody wants to talk about politics.
非常感谢。所有人都有自己的政治见解。
Thank you so much. Of course, you also want to talk about politics.
非常感谢。我知道你也想谈论政治。
Leadership and management.
领导和管理。
And in a country with 1.2 billion people, 780 official languages
在一个拥有12亿人口的国家,780种官方语言,
and 330 million Hindu Gods, cutting through the noise was going to take a while.
3.3亿个印度教神灵,要想在重重噪音中突出重围还需要一些时间。
Jason Jones, we'll be right back!
杰森·琼斯的报道,马上回来。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
prime [praim]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的
n.

联想记忆
capture ['kæptʃə]

想一想再看

vt. 捕获,俘获,夺取,占领,迷住,(用照片等)留存<

联想记忆
offensive [ə'fensiv]

想一想再看

adj. 令人不快的,侮辱的,攻击用的
n.

 
minority [mai'nɔ:riti]

想一想再看

n. 少数,少数民族,未成年

联想记忆
chaos ['keiɔs]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,无秩序,混沌

联想记忆
convert ['kɔnvə:t,kən'və:t]

想一想再看

v. 变换,(使)转变,使 ... 改变信仰,倒置,兑换

联想记忆
complexity [kəm'pleksiti]

想一想再看

n. 复杂,复杂性,复杂的事物

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
voting ['vəutiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 投票 动词vote的现在分词形式

联想记忆
election [i'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选举

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。