手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

为什么长时间浸在水里皮肤会变皱

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

After I've been outside playing all day, nothing feels quite as a good as a nice warm bath.

在外面玩了一整天后,没有什么比洗个热水澡更舒服的了。
Sometimes I might even stay in the tub a little longer than usual, and when I do finally get out,
我有时可能在浴缸里比平时多待一会儿,出来后,
I notice that my fingers and toes are kind of...wrinkly, or pruney, almost like a raisin!
注意到我的手指和脚趾有点儿皱,或干巴,就像葡萄干一样,
Maybe that's happened to you, too, if you've been swimming for a long time,
如果你长时间游泳,或者只是在水槽里做一些有趣的实验,
or even just doing some fun water experiments in the sink!
或许就会遇到这种情况。
Have you ever wondered why that happens?
你有没想过这是怎么回事?
Well, scientists have wondered that too!
科学家们也想过。
And they've learned that it has a lot to do with what our skin is made of, and how water is so slippery.
他们了解到这与我们皮肤的构成和水的滑溜程度有很大关系。
Skin covers the whole outside of our bodies, and it's pretty special stuff.
皮肤覆盖在我们整个身体表面,是非常特殊的物质。
Even though it's hard to tell from the outside, skin is actually made up of layers, and each layer has different parts.
皮肤实际有很多层,即使从外面难以辨别,每层都有不同的角色。
Now, if we could look at the layers of our skin very closely, they would look something like this.
现在,如果我们近距离观察皮肤,它们会是这样的。
There's so much in there!
里面有很多东西!
We have something called vessels in our skin, which are the tubes that carry blood in our bodies.
我们的皮肤里有血管,它是身体里运载血液的管子。
These vessels are very small and thin, but they're really important!
这些血管非常细小,但相当重要!
They can open up wide, or they can shrink down and kind of close up a little bit on the inside.
它们可以舒张,也可以收缩,即血管关闭一点点儿。
That's what happens when you've been wet for a long time, those tiny vessels shrink down.
你长时间浸泡在水里时,这些小血管就会收缩。
And when they shrink down, that big layer of skin they're inside gets a little thinner.
它们收缩时,包裹它们的那一层皮肤就会变薄,

zhenwen.png

When that layer gets thinner, it causes the top layer of skin to relax and get a little looser.

那层皮肤变薄会导致表层皮肤放松,变得有点儿松弛。
And that's what causes the wrinkles!
这就是起皱的原因!
The top layer of skin is kind of like a piece of cloth.
表层皮肤就像一块布。
When it's pulled tight, it's not wrinkled.
当它拉紧时,不会起皱。
But when it relaxes...it gets wrinkly!
但当它放松时,就会皱巴巴的!
So that's how your fingers get wrinkly.
所以,这就是你手指变皱的过程。
But why do they get wrinkly, why does it help you to have wrinkly fingers and toes?
但为什么它们会变皱,你的手指和脚趾为什么要皱巴巴的?
Scientists don't know for sure, but they've done lots of experiments,
科学家们也不确定,但他们做了大量的试验,
and they think it's to help you hold on the things better in the slippery water!
他们认为这能帮助你在光滑的水里更稳地拿东西。
During one experiment, a group of scientists asked people to soak their hands in water, and to let them get all wrinkly and pruny.
在一个实验里,一群科学家叫人们把手浸在水里,让手全都变皱。
Then they asked the people with pruny fingers to try and pick up small, slippery objects underwater.
然后他们让人用皱巴巴的手指试着捡起水下光滑的小物体。
Then they asked people who didn't have wrinkly fingers to do the same thing.
接下来他们又让手不皱的人做同样的事情。
Well, it turns out that the people who had pruny hands could pick up the objects underwater faster than the people who didn't have pruny hands!
事实证明,在水下,手皱的人捡东西比手不皱的人更快。
It's like the wrinkles on our fingers give us a special griping powers in the water.
就像我们手指的皱纹在水里给了我们特殊的抓力一样。
Have you ever seen pajamas or slippers with bumps on the bottom of the feet?
你见过脚下的睡衣或拖鞋有凸起吗?
Those bumps are there because they help keep you from slipping on the floor and falling down.
这些凸起能防止你在地面上滑动摔倒。
The wrinkles are kind of the same: they make your fingers more bumpy,
这些皱纹也一样:它们让你的手指坑坑洼洼,
which helps you hold onto things without them slipping through your fingers.
防止你拿的东西从手指滑落。
So, as weird as pruny fingers and toes might look, they can be pretty useful!
所以,尽管起皱的手指和脚趾看起来很奇怪,但相当有用!
And once you dry off and wait a little bit, the vessels inside your skin open up again,
一旦你晾干等一会儿以后,皮肤里的血管再次舒张,
and your skin goes back to normal, at least until the next time you take a long bath!
皮肤恢复正常,至少下次长时间沐浴前是这样!
Thanks for joining us on SciShow Kids!
感谢您收看本期的儿童科学秀!
We love getting questions here at the Fort!
我们喜欢在沃斯堡里收到问题!
So if you have any questions about our bodies, or anything at all,
所以如果你对身体或任何事情有疑问的话,
grab a grownup to help you leave a comment down below, or send us an email to kids@scishow.com!
找个大人在下方留言或发邮件至kids@scishow.com!
Thanks, we'll see you next time, here the Fort!
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
layer ['leiə]

想一想再看

n. 层
vi. 分层
vt. 将某

联想记忆
slippery ['slipəri]

想一想再看

adj. 滑的,狡猾的,不可靠的

 
sink [siŋk]

想一想再看

n. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器
vi. 下

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 如何自己制作冰淇淋 2017-09-25
  • 磁铁有什么作用 2017-09-27
  • 鸟儿为什么唱歌 2017-10-01
  • 晶洞为什么能形成晶体 2017-10-03
  • 豆子里面有什么 2017-10-09
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。