手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 牛津英语在线课堂 > 正文

如何用英语表达讽刺

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello, I'm Mia.Welcome to Oxford Online English!

嗨,我是 Mia.欢迎收听 Oxford Online English!
In this lesson, you can learn about how to be sarcastic in English.Imagine your friend has an exam.
本节课,你可以学习如何用英语表达讽刺。假设你的朋友有一个考试。
Your friend is really lazy, doesn't study at all, and fails the exam.
你的朋友真的很懒,一点也没学习,所以在考试中挂掉了。
Someone says to your friend: It's surprising that you failed, after all the hard work you did.This is an example of sarcasm.
有人对你的朋友说:你没通过考试真是太令人意外了,毕竟你那么努力学习。这是讽刺的一个例子。
In this lesson, we'll look at how you can be sarcastic in English, along with some key words and phrases you can learn to practice your new humour!
本节课,我们将看看你如何用英语表达讽刺,同时你还可以学习使用一些关键词和短语来练习新式幽默。
Let's get started.Part One: What is Sarcasm?
让我们开始吧。第一部分:什么是讽刺?
Sarcasm means saying the opposite of what you mean in order to make fun of someone.
讽刺的意思是说一些意思相反的话从而来取笑某人。
It's very common in the UK and often leads to confusion when you're learning English!
这在英国是很常见的,当你学英语的时候常常会因其引起困惑。

njys22.png

British humour is famous for using a lot of sarcasm with a very straight face, so many people find it hard to tell when British people are joking or being serious.

英式幽默因绷着脸使用大量的讽刺而出名,所以很多人发现辨别英国人到底是在开玩笑还是真严肃是很难的。
Now, you don't need to be confused anymore, let's take a look at some examples of sarcasm so that you can see what it looks like!
现在,你不需要再困惑了,让我们来看几个讽刺的例子,这样你就能知道是怎么回事了!
For example, imagine you see your co-worker sitting at his desk with his feet up, reading a magazine.
例如,假设你看见你的同事瘫坐着把脚放在桌子上,正在看一本杂志。
You could say: You look busy!Or: I see you're working hard!
你可以说:你看起来真忙啊!或者:我看你工作得真努力!
Now, your co-worker is not really busy or working hard.
你的同事并没有很忙或者努力工作。
By saying the opposite of what he's doing, you are using sarcasm to create humour in the situation and make fun of your co-worker.
通过描述和他正在做的事相反的行为,你就是在这种情况下使用讽刺来表达幽默,取笑你的同事。
Ready to learn how to be sarcastic?Part Two: When to be sarcastic.
准备好学习如何表达讽刺了么?第二部分:什么时候用讽刺。
Okay, now that we've looked at what sarcasm is, let's take a look at when to be sarcastic.
既然我们已经知道了什么是讽刺,让我们看看什么时候可以用讽刺。
As sarcasm is a type of humour that responds to a situation, firstly it's important to know which situations work well with sarcasm.
讽刺是一种幽默,回应一件事,首先要知道哪种事例中使用讽刺是恰当的。
The first situation is when something bad happens to you.
第一种情况是当某件不好的事发生在你身上时。
Imagine that you've just made yourself a slice of toast.
假设你刚给自己切了一片面包。
You put butter on it—and then you drop it onto the carpet!
涂上黄油——接着你把它掉在地毯上了!
The butter is all over your new carpet.
黄油沾满了你的新地毯。
In this situation you might say something like: Great.Fantastic.Brilliant.
在这种情况下,你可以这么说:太棒了。好极了。很好。
Of course, this is not great, fantastic or brilliant at all!You are being sarcastic.
当然了,这一点也不棒,更别说好极了或者很好!你是在表达讽刺。
In the UK, this response is common when something goes wrong.
在英国,这种反应在某事出错的时候是很常见的。
Remember that we only use it with small things that are annoying, not something really serious or dangerous.
记住我们只对一些烦人的小事使用讽刺,而不是一些真的严肃或者危险的事。
The next situation is very similar.You can use sarcasm when somebody else does something wrong.
下一种情况很相似。当某人也做了某件错事时,你可以使用讽刺表达。
Imagine that your friend is making a drink.When he goes to sit down, he spills it all over himself.
假设你的朋友正在喝东西。当他打算坐下的时候,他撒了自己一身。
You could use this opportunity to be sarcastic by saying something like: Well done.
你可以抓住这次机会使用讽刺,像这样说:干得不错。
Or: Great job.As you can see, you are saying the opposite of what you think.
或者:干得好。正如你看到的,你说了和你想的相反的话。
Another time we might use sarcasm is when somebody says something that's so obvious that it sounds a little stupid.
下一次我们可以在某人说了一些很明显听起来有点犯蠢的话时,使用讽刺语。
Imagine that your friend says: Did you know that Madrid is the capital of Spain?
假设你的朋友说:你知道马德里是西班牙的首都吗?
You might say: No.Really?I did not know that.
你可以说:不知道。真的吗?我不知道呢。
Of course, you did know that and by using a sarcastic response, you can make the situation funny.
当然,你当然知道,通过用讽刺回应,你可以让状况变得有趣。
You can also use sarcasm when something unsurprising happens.
当某件意料之内的事发生时,你也可以用讽刺。
Imagine that your friend is writing an essay for a history class.
假设你的朋友正在为历史课写一篇论文。
He's not very good at history, he doesn't study and he writes the essay very quickly, an hour before the he has to hand it in.
他不是很擅长历史,他不学习然而他写得非常快,比交稿时间提前了一个小时就写完了。
Unsurprisingly, he gets an 'F' on his essay.
毫不意外地,他的论文得了 “F”。
When your friend tells you: I got an 'F' on my history essay.Of course, you're not surprised at all.
当你的朋友告诉你:我历史论文得了“F”。当然了,你一点也不为此感到惊讶。
You might say something like: I'm shocked!Or: No one saw that coming!
你可以像这样说:我太吃惊了!或者:谁也想不到会这样!
Of course, there are many other situations where you could be sarcastic, but these are the main ones to remember.
当然了,有很多你可以使用讽刺的情况,但是这些主要的可以记住。
It's important to remember that sarcasm should be used in light situations where you want to make a joke.
很重要的一点是要记住讽刺应该被用于轻松的场合,你想要开玩笑。
Be careful not to use it if the situation is more serious or if someone's upset—you don't want to offend them!Part Three: How to be Sarcastic.
小心不要在严肃的场合或者是某人情绪低落时使用——你不会想冒犯别人的!第三部分:如何讽刺。
Now that you have a good idea of when to use sarcasm, let's look at some key phrases and expressions you might use when you're being sarcastic.
既然你知道了什么时候使用讽刺,那让我们看一些你可能会在表达讽刺时用到的关键短语和表达方式吧。
A lot of sarcastic responses tend to be short phrases or interjections.
很多讽刺回应都是一些简短的短语或者插入语。
Like all humour, sarcasm depends partly on responding quickly, so it works well with short responses.
像所有的幽默一样,讽刺部分依靠快速回应,所以使用简短的回应会比较好。
Imagine that your friend offers to help you paint your new apartment.You're working hard.
假设你的朋友愿意帮助你粉刷你的新公寓。你很努力地干活。
You've almost finished two walls already, and then you look over and see that your friend hasn't even painted half of one wall yet!
你已经差不多刷完两面墙了,你看向你的朋友却发现他连一面墙的一半还没有刷完!
You might say: Great job.Thanks for the help.Take your time.
你可以说:干得好。真感谢你的帮助。慢慢来。
These phrases make the situation humorous through sarcasm.
这些短语通过讽刺使场景变得幽默起来。
Be careful you don't sound too annoyed when you say them!
注意说的时候不要听起来过于生气了!
These phrases are useful in other situations, too.
这些短语同样适用于其他场景。
For example, if your friend is helping you cook dinner and he burns it, you could also say: Good job!Or: Thanks for the help.
比如,如果你的朋友帮你做晚餐,而他把菜烧焦了,你也可以说:干得不错!或者:真是谢谢你帮忙了。
As you can see, these phrases would work well in a lot of different situations.
正如你所见,这些短语在很多不同场景一样奏效。
Later, the same friend tells you he has to cook for twenty people at a dinner party this weekend.
晚些时候,还是这个朋友告诉你他这周末必须为20个人制作派对晚宴。
Having seen his lack of cooking skills, you say: Good luck with that.That'll be fun.
见识了他厨艺的缺陷后,你说:祝你好运。那会很有趣。
If one of your friends tells a bad joke that isn't very funny, you could say: That's so funny.Hilarious.
如果你的一个朋友讲了一个不是很好笑的冷笑话,你可以说:那真是太好笑了。滑稽极了。
Can you see how saying the opposite of what you mean makes something sarcastic?
你能看出说和自己意思相反的话是如何表达讽刺的吗?
When you remember that, it's very easy to be sarcastic in these situations!
当你记住这点,在这些情况就很容易能使用讽刺了!
By learning and using short phrases like these, you can be sarcastic in a range of situations very easily.
通过学习和使用像这样的短语,你可以很轻松地在各种情况下表达讽刺。
Why don't you give it a go?Part Four: What happens if you're Misunderstood?
为什么你不试一试呢?第四部分:如果你被误会了会发生什么?
Hopefully by now you're feeling confident enough to try being sarcastic!
但愿到目前为止,你对试着表达讽刺有足够的信心!
It's important to go out and practice your new language skills so that you improve them.
到外面练习新的语言技巧是很重要的,这样你才能有所提高。
Don't worry about making mistakes—this is natural and it happens.
不要担心犯错误——这是自然而然会发生地事。
Now, let's see how you can make it clear that you're being sarcastic.
现在,让我们看看你怎样能弄清楚你正在表达讽刺。
It's important that people can understand that your sarcasm is a joke and that you aren't just being mean.
重要的是人们能理解你的讽刺表达是一个玩笑,你不是个尖酸刻薄的人。
Listen to this: Thanks for the help.Good luck with that.I did not know that.That'll be fun.Can you see the problem?
听这个:感谢你的帮助。祝你好运。我不知道。那会很有趣。你发现问题了吗?
It's not obvious if I'm being sarcastic or not, which can make things very confusing!
我是否在表达讽刺表现得并不明显,这会让事情变得有些混乱不清!
Sometimes you can use intonation to show that you're being sarcastic.
有时候你可以用语调来表示你正在表达讽刺。
Some people make sarcastic phrases flatter or more emotionless like this: Thanks for the help.Good luck with that.
有人在表达讽刺时比较单调或者缺少些情感,像这样:谢谢你的帮助。祝你好运。
Other people might use a stronger intonation, drawing out the words to emphasise them, like this: I did not know that.
其他人可能会用更强烈的语调,读单词的时候拉长音或者重读,像这样:我真的不知道。
That'll be fun.Can you tell the difference now?Thanks for the help!Thanks for the help.
那会很有趣。你能发现区别吗?谢谢帮忙!谢谢帮忙。
The first was genuine and the second was sarcastic, of course!
第一个是真的表示感谢,而第二个是在讽刺!
It's important to remember that English is a very wide language with a lot of accents and personality, so sarcasm can sound different.
重要的是要记住英语是一门非常广泛的语言,有很多口音和特性,所以讽刺听起来可以是不同的。
Most people will know you're being sarcastic from the context of the conversation.
大多数人通过对话的内容会知道你在讽刺。
Facial expressions also help to show people that you're not being serious, so it's important to use these too!
面部表情也会对帮助你向人们表示你并不是认真的,所以使用面部表情也很重要!
If you are misunderstood by someone, don't worry!
如果你被某人误解了,不要担心!
It's easy to make it clear that you weren't being serious.
讲清楚你刚刚并不是认真的很容易。
You could say something like: I'm only joking.Or: Just kidding!
你可以像这么说:我只是在开玩笑。或者:玩笑而已!
This makes it clear that what you said was a joke.
这表明你刚才说的是个玩笑。
You could also tell them that you're being sarcastic, by saying something like: I was being sarcastic.
你也可以告诉他们你是在表达讽刺,可以说:我是在讽刺。
That was sarcasm.I didn't mean that, it was sarcastic.That's the end of our lesson.
这是个讽刺。我不是这个意思,这是个讽刺。我们的课程结束了。
You made it all the way to the end of a short video!Well done!What an achievement!I'm just kidding, of course!
你从头看完了这个短视频!干得不错!真是成就非凡啊!当然,我只是在开玩笑。
You can see more of our free lessons on our website: oxfordonlineenglish. com.Thanks for watching!See you next time.
你可以在我们的网站观看更多免费课程:oxfordonlineenglish. com。感谢观看!下次再见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
annoying [ə'nɔiiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 恼人的,讨厌的

 
context ['kɔntekst]

想一想再看

n. 上下文,环境,背景

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
confusion [kən'fju:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,混淆,不确定状态

联想记忆
annoyed

想一想再看

adj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy

 
confident ['kɔnfidənt]

想一想再看

adj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的
a

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
humorous ['hju:mərəs]

想一想再看

adj. 幽默的,诙谐的

 
misunderstood [,misʌndə'stud]

想一想再看

adj. 被误解的 v. 误解,误会(misunders

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 如何谈论电影 2017-12-09
  • 如何挑起话题 2017-12-10
  • 如何结束一个对话 2017-12-12
  • 如何开始一个电话会谈 2017-12-13
  • 美式俚语 VS 英式俚语 2017-12-14
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。