手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

剪发时为什么头发不会疼

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's that time again! I'm getting a haircut today.

我今天又要去剪发了。
Lots of people get them.
很多人都会剪发吧。
Sometimes people decide to cut their hair much shorter,
人们有时会把头发剪短,
and sometimes they just get a trim, like I am.
有时会像我一样只是修剪一下。
Even Squeaks had a little trim when he got a piece of gum stuck his fur, remember that, Squeaks?
甚至吱吱的毛上粘一块口香糖时,它也会稍微修剪一下,吱吱,你还记得吗?
But there's something that all haircuts have in common: They don't hurt!
但所有的理发都有共同之处:它们不会疼!
When you think about it, it might seem kind of weird that they don't.
你想到它时,可能会奇怪它们为什么不疼。
I mean, if you get a cut on almost any other part of your body, like your finger, it definitely hurts!
我的意思是,如果你身体的任何其他部位,比如手指有伤口时,它肯定会感觉疼!
But when someone cuts your hair, it doesn't hurt at all!
但有人剪你的头发时,它根本不疼!
There's also another place on our bodies that it doesn't hurt to cut, and we do it all the time.
我们的身体还有一个部位在你剪它时不会疼,而且我们总剪它。
Can you guess what it is, Squeaks?
吱吱,你能猜到是什么吗?
You're right, our nails!
你说对了,就是我们的指甲!
The reason it doesn't hurt to cut your hair, toenails, or fingernails
我们剪头发、手指甲或脚指甲不疼的原因是
is that they don't have nerves inside them.
它们里面没有神经。
A nerve is a type of body part you have all over the inside of your body,
神经是身体的一部分,遍布全身,
kind of like how you have muscles all over.
就像你的全身肌肉一样。

jainfa.jpg

These nerves have a special job to do:

这些神经有个特殊的功能:
they can carry messages between different places in your body.
它们能在身体的不同部位之间传递信息。
Now, you have lots of body parts. So nerves have lots of jobs.
你有很多身体部位,所以神经有很多功能。
But one of the biggest jobs nerves have is to help you sense the world around you.
但它们的最大功能之一是帮助你感知周围的世界。
Nerves are the reason you can see, hear, smell, taste...and yes, feel things!
神经是你能看到、听到、闻到、品尝和感知事物的原因!
Nerves are a big part of the sense of touch.
神经是触觉的重要组成部分。
Squeaks, can I touch your nose to show you how this works?
吱吱,我能摸一下你的鼻子,再来告诉你这是怎么回事吗?
When you touch something, it brushes up against your skin.
你在触摸东西时,它会摩擦你的皮肤。
And like most parts of your body, your skin has nerves in it.
和你身体的多数部位一样,皮肤也有神经。
When something touches your skin, it activates, or kind of 'turns on' the nerves.
当有东西碰到你的皮肤时,它会激活,或者有点儿像“打开”了神经。
These nerves can feel all kinds of different things.
这些神经可以感知各种不同的物体。
Some of them feel whether something is warm or cold.
有些可以感知物体的冷暖。
Others can help us tell if something is smooth or rough.
有些可以帮助我们辨别物体是光滑还是粗糙的。
And there are also some that are in charge of sensing pain.
还有些负责感知疼痛。
When I tap Squeaks' nose, some of the nerves in my finger get switched on, and each one sends a message.
当我轻拍吱吱的鼻子时,我手指的某些神经开启了,每条神经都发送了信息。
Those messages travel through my hands up my arm
这些信息从手到达胳膊,
through a big bundle of nerves in my back and all the way to my brain!
经由背上的一大束神经,一路到达大脑!
Then, my brain decodes the messages.
然后,我的大脑解码信息。
It checks if I've ever touched anything like this before,
它检查我之前是否接触过这样的东西,
and combines that with any other information it can get, like if I can see the thing I'm feeling.
再结合它获得的其他信息,比如我是否看到了感知到的东西。
This all happens really fast, which is how I can figure out what I'm touching right away, Squeaks' nose!
这个过程非常快,所以我能立刻弄清楚我摸到的是什么,是吱吱的鼻子!
Oh, I'm sorry! I guess your nose is kinda ticklish, Squeaks!
噢,吱吱,对不起,我猜你的鼻子有点儿痒!
So, our sense of touch takes more than just our hands.
所以,我们的触觉用得不仅仅是我们的手,
It also takes our nerves and our brains, too!
还用到了我们的神经和大脑!
But what about our hair?
但我们的头发呢?
Well, try this. Pat the top of your head.
试试这样做。拍拍你的头顶。
Just like the skin that's on your fingers, the skin that's under your hair has nerves.
就像你手指上的皮肤一样,你的头皮下面也有神经。
So your fingers can feel the top of your head,
于是,你的手指可以感觉到头顶,
and your head can feel your fingers touching it!
你的头顶也可以感觉到手指在摸它!
Just like how Squeaks felt my finger with his nose.
这就如同吱吱用鼻子感知到我的手指。
Now find the very end of a piece of hair and try squeezing it, without pulling on it.
现在找一根头发的末梢,不要拉它,而是试着挤压它。
Your fingers can feel your hair, but your hair can't feel your fingers!
你的手指能感觉到头发,但是头发感觉不到手指!
That's because there are no nerves inside your hair.
这是因为头发里没有神经。
And as long as you're not pulling on your hair, or moving it around too much, you're not going to feel a thing.
只要你不扯你的头发或者太多地拨动它,你就不会有感觉。
The same goes for the very ends of your fingernails and toenails.
这个道理同样适用于手指甲和脚指甲。
They don't have nerves in them either.
它们里面也没有神经。
No nerves means no sense of touch, so they don't feel anything.
没有神经意味着没有触觉,所以感知不到任何事物。
And if there's no sense of touch, there's no pain.
如果没有触觉,也就没有疼痛。
So the next time you get a haircut, now you'll know why it doesn't hurt!
所以你下次剪发时,就知道头发为什么不疼了!
Yikes, you're right, Squeaks, I should go if I don't want to be late for my haircut!
呀!吱吱,你说得对,我应该走了,要不然剪发就晚了!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,就点击订阅吧,
and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
ticklish ['tikliʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 难对付的,易怒的,怕痒的

联想记忆
trim [trim]

想一想再看

n. 整齐,装饰,修剪下来的部分
adj. 整

 
fur [fə:]

想一想再看

n. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品
vt. 用毛

 
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 
smooth [smu:ð]

想一想再看

adj. 平稳的,流畅的,安祥的,圆滑的,搅拌均匀的,可

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 有趣的滑雪之旅 2017-12-14
  • 飞得最远的探测器 2017-12-16
  • 冰柱是如何形成的 2017-12-20
  • 最热爱生物的人 生物学家 2017-12-22
  • 物种入侵的可怕 2017-12-24
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。