手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

日晷有什么作用

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh my gosh, Squeaks and I were having such a wild game of catch

我的天哪,我和吱吱玩追逃游戏玩疯了,
that squeaks has watch flew off and smashed to smithereens.
吱吱的手表飞出去摔成了碎片。
You know what they say time flies when you're having fun.
你知道的,当你玩得开心时,时间过得飞快。
So, if your watch is broken down, how are you gonna know when it's time for a lunch?
那么,如果你的表坏了,你要如何知道吃饭的时间呢?
Not to worry, Squeak, you can still figure out what time it is by making a sundial.
吱吱,不用担心,我们做个日晷,就能确定时间了。
A sundial is a device that uses the sun to tell time.
日晷是一种利用太阳断定时间的装置。
It's one of the oldest kinds of scientific instruments we have and the earliest one used to measure time.
它是最古老的科学仪器之一,也是最早用来测量时间的装置。
Most sundials these days use a flat base and a stick called an gnomon.
现在,大多数日晷都用一个平底座和一根叫做指时针的棍子。
Whenever the sun is shining, the gnomon casts a shadow,
每当阳光照射时,日晷就会投下阴影,
and we can look at where the shadow falls to tell us what time it is.
我们可以看影子的落点来断定时间。
Since ancient times, people have been making all kinds of sun dials to help them tell time.
从古至今,人们一直在制作各种各样的日晷,来帮助他们判断时间。
And having a sundial in your house or your school or your library,
你的房子、学校或者图书馆都有一个日晷,
let everyone know that around here people care about science.
让大家知道这里的人们关心科学。
And also it's useful to have in case your watch breaks.
而且,如果你的手表坏了,它也很有用。
So do you want to make your own sundial?
那么,你想自己制作日晷吗?
Well, as long as there's sunlight outside, you can.
只要外面有阳光,你就可以做。
Take something long and straight like a stick or even a drinking straw,
拿一些长而直的东西,比如木棍或吸管,
and stick it into the ground and that's your gnomon.
把它插到地上作指时针。
If you live in the northern hemisphere, like Squeaks and me,
如果你像我与吱吱一样住在北半球,
your gnomon should be tilted on a little bit of an angle towards the north.
你的日晷应该向北倾斜一点儿。
If you live in the southern hemisphere, it should be tilted a little to the south.
如果你住在南半球,它应该向南倾斜一点儿。
You may need a grown-up friend to help you figure out which way north or south is.
你可能需要一个成年朋友帮你弄清楚北或南。
Squeaks and I figured it out together.
我和吱吱一起确定的。
Every hour go outside and look at the shadow your gnomon is making on the ground
每隔一个小时到外面看看指时针投在地面的影子,
then just make a mark where the shadow fall.
然后在影子落点做个记号。
You can start at 7 a.m., do it again at 8 o'clock then 9 o'clock and keep going until the sun sets.
你可以从早上7点开始,8点做一次标记,然后9点再做一次,一直持续到太阳落下。
You may want to set an alarm every hour, just so, you don't forget.
你可能想每隔一个小时设置一个闹钟,这样你就不会忘记了。
To mark down the gnomon shadow,
要做指时针影子的记号,
you can use a rock, sidewalk chalk or really anything you want.
可以用石头、粉笔或者任何你想要用的东西。
You can get fancy and have your friend or grown-up help you draw lines out from the gnomon like spokes on a wheel,
你可以想象,在朋友或大人的帮助下,从指时针开始画车轮辐条状的线条,
you can even add numbers.
甚至可以加上数字。

日晷.png

That way, tomorrow you can go back outside, look at the shadow,

那样的话,明天你出去看影子,
see what number our line it's falling on and know exactly what time it is.
看它落在线条上的数字是多少,就能知道具体时间了。
At any the day, the sun is lighting up half of the earth
在任何一天,太阳都照亮地球的一半,
and the earth is constantly rotating from west to east,
而且地球不停地从西向东旋转,
so we see the sun rising in the east.
所以我们看到太阳从东方升起。
It means our part of the world is on the very edge of the sunlit side,
这意味着我们世界的一部分在阳光的边缘,
and we cast a shadow behind us to the west.
于是我们的影子朝向西面。
Same with an gnomon on your sundial.
日晷的指时针也是同一原理。
In the morning, the gnomon casts a shadow to the west
早上,日晷向西投射一个影子,
and as the Earth rotates through the day, making the sun look like it's moving across the sky.
因为地球整天都在旋转,让太阳看起来像在天空中移动一样,
the shadow moves clockwise, the same direction as the hands on the clock around the sundial.
影子顺时针方向移动,与日晷上的时钟方向相同。
If you want to make a sundial, but there's no dirt around,
如果你想制作日晷,但周围没有土,
you can try sticking an gnomon into a bucket filled with sand or pebbles,
你可以在填满沙子或鹅卵石的桶里插一根指时针,
you can also use a paper plate.
也可以用一个纸盘。
You might need your grown-up to help you find the very middle of the plate,
你可能需要大人帮忙找到盘子的中心,
poke your stick or your straw through
把木棍或吸管戳进去,
and point your sundial towards the north or south depending on what hemisphere you're in.
然后根据你所在的半球,把日晷指向北方或南方。
As long as the plate is facing the same direction every time you take it outside, it'll still work.
只要你每次把盘子放在外面朝向同一个方向,它就会工作。
And if you want to get really crazy,
如果你想再疯点儿的话,
you can make a human sundial where the gnomon is you.
你可以制作人日晷,自己做指时针。
If you go outside and stand in the same spot every hour and have a friend mark where your shadow falls,
如果你出去,每隔一个小时站在同一个地方,让朋友标注你影子的落点,
you can go stand in the same spot again tomorrow, look at your shadow and see what time it is.
明天再站在同一个地方看你的影子时,就能看到时间了。
Squeaks and I had fun taking turns being the gnomon and doing the measuring.
我和吱吱轮流做指时针,并进行了测量。
Just remember to never look directly at the sun even while you're building a sundial.
记住,你在做日晷时,不要直视太阳。
You may want to measure your markings again every few months,
你可能想每隔几个月再测量一次,
to keep your sundial as accurate as possible
让日晷尽可能准确,
and your sundial won't be quite as accurate as the ones that are made by scientists.
但你的日晷不会像科学家们所做的那样精确。
Perfectly accurate sundials need to be aligned using a lot of math,
完全准确的日晷需要用大量的数学来校准,
depending on where you are in the world and depending on the time of year.
这取决于你所在的位置和时间。
You know, Squeaks, I'm kind of glad your watch broke,
吱吱,你知道,我有点儿庆幸你的手表坏了,
because it gave us the chance to learn about and build a sundial.
因为这给我们机会了解和制作日晷。
But we can still buy you a new watch.
但我们仍会给你买个新表。
Oh, look at the time, our sundial says it's time to go.
噢,看看时间,日晷显示到时间应该走了。
But if you want to keep learning having fun with Squeaks and me,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,
hit the subscribe button and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort.
就点击订阅键吧,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
bucket ['bʌkit]

想一想再看

n. 水桶
vt. 装在桶里
vi.

 
hemisphere ['hemisfiə]

想一想再看

n. 半球

联想记忆
measure ['meʒə]

想一想再看

n. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸
v. 测量,量

联想记忆
accurate ['ækjurit]

想一想再看

adj. 准确的,精确的

联想记忆
base [beis]

想一想再看

n. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱

 
shadow ['ʃædəu]

想一想再看

n. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处
vt. 投阴

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
sidewalk ['said.wɔ:k]

想一想再看

n. 人行道
=pavement(英)

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 桥梁怎样才能更坚固 2018-01-11
  • 如何制造黏泥呢 2018-01-13
  • 卫星知识早知道 2018-01-17
  • 探索雪下地道 2018-01-19
  • 我们为什么会起鸡皮疙瘩 2018-01-21
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。