手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

我们如何看到颜色的

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Today is a really special day for me and Squeaks.

今天对我和吱吱来说是个特殊的日子。
We're eating our favorite colors!
我们正在吃最喜欢的颜色!
Squeaks really loves the color red, and my favorite is green.
吱吱非常喜欢红色,我最喜欢绿色。
So we had some green asparagus for dinner…and check out our dessert!
所以我们用一些绿色芦笋当晚餐,看看我们的甜点!
Don't worry, Squeaks, we'll eat it soon! But take a look at it first!
吱吱,不用担心,我们一会儿就吃。但要先看一看!
When you see a shiny, red apple…
你在看红闪闪的苹果时,
the red you see is just how your brain understands the light bouncing off of it.
看到的红色只是大脑理解得反射光。
Your brain gets information about colors from a place in the back of your eye, called the retina.
你的大脑从眼睛后面,叫做视网膜的地方获取颜色信息。
The retina has two kinds of parts inside it that help you see:
视网膜里面有两个部分可以帮助你观察:
rods, which are mostly for seeing when it's dark, and cones, which see color.
视杆细胞,主要是在黑暗时看东西;视锥细胞是看颜色的。
When the light in the room shines on the apple, some of it bounces toward your eyes.
当房间的灯光照在苹果上时,有些反射光射向你的眼睛。
And then, the millions of cones in your retina get to work!
然后你视网膜上的数百万个视锥细胞开始工作!
There are three types of cones:
视锥细胞有三种:
some cones that look for reddish colors, some that look for greenish colors,
有些视锥细胞寻找略红的颜色,有些则会寻找带绿的颜色,
and some that look for blueish colors.
还有些会寻找略蓝的颜色。
When you look at a red apple, it makes the cones that like red get excited!
当你看到一个红苹果时,它会让喜欢红色的视锥细胞兴奋起来!
Exactly! When the cones get excited, they send a message to your brain, kind of like a secret code.
没错!视锥细胞兴奋起来后,会向大脑发送一个信号,有点儿像密码。
The code from your cones says, "These are the colors I saw!"
它发出的密码说得是“这是我看到的颜色!”
Most humans can see all the colors in the rainbow pretty easily, using all three types of cones.
大多数人用三种视锥细胞可以很容易看到彩虹中的所有颜色。
But not everybody has three types of cones to work with!
但不是每个人都能用三种视锥细胞!

花.png

Some people are what we call colorblind.

有些人就是我们所说的色盲。
That doesn't mean they're blind,
这并不是说他们眼盲,
and it usually doesn't mean that they don't see colors at all, either.
通常也不意味着他们根本看不到颜色。
It just means that instead of three kinds of cones, only two kinds work properly.
色盲是说只有两种视锥细胞能够正常工作,而不是三种。
People who are red-green colorblind have a problem with some of their cones,
患红绿色盲的人,他们的一些视锥细胞有问题,
either with the ones that look for red, or the ones that look for green.
要么是寻找红色的有问题,要么是寻找绿色的有问题。
So to them, red and green don't look as bright as they do to the rest of us.
所以他们看到的红色和绿色不像我们其他人看到得那么明亮。
Both colors look kind of dull, and kind of similar to each other.
这两种颜色看起来都很单调,有点儿相似。
So red-green colorblind people have trouble telling red and green apart.
所以患红绿色盲的人很难区分红色和绿色。
The other main type of colorblindness is called blue-yellow colorblindness,
另一种主要类型的色盲叫做蓝黄色盲,
which means someone has trouble telling apart, you guessed it, blue and yellow.
也就是说,有人很难区分...你猜对了...蓝色和黄色。
Because they have a problem with their blue cones.
因为他们寻找蓝色的视锥细胞有问题。
Other types of animals can have different numbers or types of cones.
其他种类的动物可能有不同数量或种类的视锥细胞。
Dogs, for example, only have two kinds of cones in the first place,
比如狗一开始只有两种视锥细胞,
so they see the world a little bit like some people with red-green colorblindness do.
所以它们和患红绿色盲的人看到的世界有点儿像。
Red and green probably look more like shades of blue and yellow and gray to them.
红色和绿色对他们来说可能看起来更像蓝色、黄色和灰色的阴影。
So if you're buying a dog toy...
所以如果你给狗买玩具…
your dog will probably have the most fun with a bright yellow or blue ball.
你的狗狗可能对黄色或蓝色的球最感兴趣。
A red ball won't look so great to a dog.
红球对狗来说不是很好玩。
But what if you had more than three types of cones?
但是如果你有三种以上的视锥细胞会怎样呢?
A few lucky people see the world through four!
少数幸运的人能通过四种视锥细胞看世界!
We can't imagine what the world looks like to them, but I'll bet it's pretty exciting.
我们无法想象世界对他们来说是什么样子的,但我猜一定很令人兴奋。
And for some animals, it gets even more exciting that!
对一些动物来说,这更令它们兴奋。
For example, a flower that looks just looks plain yellow to you might look totally different to a bee!
例如,一朵你看起来只是纯黄色的花儿,对蜜蜂来说可能完全不同!
Bees have three kinds of cones to see color, just like us.
蜜蜂和我们一样,有三种看颜色的视锥细胞。
But instead of seeing red, green, and blue,
它们的视锥细胞寻找的不是红、绿、蓝三色,
their cones look for green, blue … and something called ultraviolet light.
而是蓝、绿和紫外线。
That's a type of light that's invisible to us, but it is there. And bees can see it!
我们看不到紫外线,但它确实存在。而蜜蜂能看到它!
It's kind of like a trade...we can't see ultraviolet, but we can see red,
这有点儿像贸易。我们看不到紫外线,但可以看到红色,
and bees can't see red, but they can see ultraviolet.
蜜蜂看不到红色,但能看到紫外线。
And to get bees to land on them, some flowers have not only the pretty colors that we see,
为了让蜜蜂落在自己身上,有些花不仅有漂亮的颜色,
but other patterns, too, painted in the ultraviolet light that bees can see, and we can't.
还有用紫外线描绘的其他图案,蜜蜂能看到,而我们不能。
To a bee, some flowers that look plain yellow to us actually look like a big balls eye!
我们看到的一些纯黄色的花,对蜜蜂来说就像一个大球眼。
Some animals can see even more.
有些动物甚至能看到更多颜色。
A type of animal that lives in the ocean called a mantis shrimp can have not three...not four ...
生活在海洋里螳螂虾,不只有三种、四种不同的视锥细胞、
but twelve or even sixteen different kinds of cones!
而是有十二种甚至十六种之多。
A few of those cones are just for seeing ultraviolet light.
有几种视锥细胞只是用来观察紫外线的。
We're still learning what the world looks like to them,
我们还在了解它们看到的世界,
but if it looks this colorful to us with our three kinds of cones,
但如果我们用三种视锥细胞看到的世界就如此多彩了,
just imagine what the mantis shrimp see when they look at it!
可以想象螳螂虾看到的是什么样子!
Now, I think it's time to finally eat this apple!
现在,是时候吃苹果了!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,就点击订阅吧。
We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
dull [dʌl]

想一想再看

adj. 呆滞的,迟钝的,无趣的,钝的,暗的

 
rainbow ['reinbəu]

想一想再看

n. 彩虹
adj.五彩缤纷的

 
code [kəud]

想一想再看

n. 码,密码,法规,准则
vt. 把 ...

 
plain [plein]

想一想再看

n. 平原,草原
adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简

 
invisible [in'vizəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 看不见的,无形的
n. 隐形人(或物

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 缝合伤口有什么用 2018-01-25
  • 为什么我的腿睡着了 2018-02-06
  • 苍蝇怎么能爬上墙 2018-02-16
  • 水从何而来 2018-02-24
  • 盐的强大力量 2018-02-26
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。