手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

Me Too是一项运动 而不是一个瞬间

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I've been trying to figure out what I was going to say here for months.

几个月来,我一直在想今天演讲的话题。
Because there's no bigger stage than TED,
因为没有比TED更大的舞台,
it felt like getting my message right in this moment was more important than anything.
用这一刻传达正确的信息比任何事情都重要。
And so I searched and searched for days on end, trying to find the right configuration of words.
所以我搜索了很多天,试图找到合适的话题。
And although intellectually, I could bullet point the big ideas that I wanted to share about Me Too and this movement that I founded,
虽然在理智上,我可以指出我想要分享的关于我创立的这个Me Too运动,
I kept finding myself falling short of finding the heart.
我还是发现自己没有找到核心。
I wanted to pour myself into this moment
我想把自己倾注到这一刻,
and tell you why even the possibility of healing or interrupting sexual violence was worth standing and fighting for.
并告诉你为什么即使只是可能治愈或干涉性暴力的也值得我站在这里为之争取。
I wanted to rally you to your feet with an uplifting speech about the important work of fighting for the dignity and humanity of survivors.
我想用一个振奋人心的演讲来团结大家,为幸存者的尊严和人性而战是一项重要的工作。
But I don't know if I have it.
但我不知道我能否做到。
The reality is, after soldiering through the Supreme Court nomination process and attacks from the White House,
事实上,最高法院的提名程序,白宫的攻击,
gross mischaracterizations, internet trolls and the rallies and marches and heart-wrenching testimonies,
严重的错误描述,互联网巨魔,集会和游行,以及令人心碎的证词之后,
I'm faced with my own hard truth. I'm numb. And I'm not surprised.
我直视着难以让人接受的真相。我麻木了。我并不惊讶。
I've traveled all across the world giving talks, and like clockwork,
我走遍世界各地,四处演讲,像一个时钟从不停歇,
after every event, more than one person approaches me so that they can say their piece in private.
在每次活动结束后都会有不止一人来找我,他们可以私下说出自己的经历。
And I always tried to reassure them.
我总是试图安抚他们。
You know, I'd give them local resources and a soft reassurance that they're not alone and this is their movement, too.
你知道,我会给他们当地的社团和一个语言保证,他们并不孤单,这是他们的运动。
I'd tell them that we're stronger together and that this is a movement of survivors and advocates doing things big and small every day.
我告诉他们,我们是一个强大的组合,幸存者和倡导者每天做各种大大小小的运动。
And more and more people are joining this movement every single day. That part is clear.
每天都有越来越多的人加入这一运动。很清楚。
People are putting their bodies on the line and raising their voices to say, "Enough is enough."
人们用自己的身体冒险,高喊着,“够了。”
So why do I feel this way?
我为什么这么想?
Well, someone with credible accusations of sexual violence against him was confirmed to the Supreme Court of the United States of America, again.
又有一名指控确凿的性暴力被告者被美国最高法院确认。
The US President, who was caught on tape talking about how he can grab women's body parts wherever he wants, however he wants,
在录音中,这位美国总统在谈论他如何能够随时随地随意抓住女性任何身体部位,
can call a survivor a liar at one of his rallies, and the crowds will roar.
他可以在自己的一次集会中将幸存者称为骗子,听众就会大吼。
And all across the world, where Me Too has taken off, Australia and France, Sweden, China and now India,
在世界各地,Me Too所到之处,澳大利亚和法国、瑞典、中国和现在的印度,
survivors of sexual violence are all at once being heard and then vilified.
性暴力的幸存者声音被人们听到,被诽谤。
And I've read article after article bemoaning
我读过一篇又一篇的文章讲述,
wealthy white men who have landed softly with their golden parachutes, following the disclosure of their terrible behavior.
富裕的白人男子们在他们的可怕行为被披露之后,乘着金色的降落伞轻轻着陆。
And we're asked to consider their futures. But what of survivors?
我们要考虑他们的未来。但幸存者的未来呢?
This movement is constantly being called a watershed moment, or even a reckoning,
这种运动一直被称为分水岭时刻,甚至是一种清算,
but I wake up some days feeling like all evidence points to the contrary.
但有时我醒来发现所有证据恰恰相反。
It's hard not to feel numb. I suspect some of you may feel numb, too. But let me tell you what else I know.
很难不让人麻木。我怀疑在座的一些人也可能感到麻木。但是让我来告诉你吧。
Sometimes when you hear the word "numb," you think of a void,
有时,当你听到麻木这个词时,你会感到空虚,
an absence of feelings, or even the inability to feel. But that's not always true.
没有感情,甚至失去感觉。但这并非总是如此。
Numbness can come from those memories that creep up in your mind that you can't fight off in the middle of the night.
麻木可以来自那些在你脑海中萦绕的记忆,午夜梦回,无法驱散。
They can come from the tears that are locked behind your eyes that you won't give yourself permission to cry.
他们可能来自眼眶后的泪水,你不允许自己哭泣。
For me, numbness comes from looking in the face of survivors and knowing everything to say but having nothing left to give.
对我而言,麻木来自于面对幸存者且知道要说些什么,但什么也给不了。
It's measuring the magnitude of this task ahead of you versus your own wavering fortitude.
它正在衡量这项任务的重要性与你自己动摇的毅力。
Numbness is not always the absence of feeling. Sometimes it's an accumulation of feelings.
麻木并不总是没有感觉。有时它是一种积累的感情。
And as survivors, we often have to hold the truth of what we experience.
作为幸存者,我们经常必须接受我们经历的事实。
But now, we're all holding something, whether we want to or not.
但现在,无论我们是否愿意,我们都接受了一些东西。
Our colleagues are speaking up and speaking out, industries across the board are reexamining workplace culture,
我们的同事们正在发言和发表意见,整个行业正在重新审视职场文化,
and families and friends are having hard conversations about closely held truths. Everybody is impacted.
家人和朋友们正在艰难地讨论这些真相。每个人都受其影响。
And then, there's the backlash. We've all heard it. "The Me Too Movement is a witch hunt." Right?
然后,有强烈的反对意见。我们都听过。“Me Too运动是一场猎巫运动。”对吗?
"Me Too is dismantling due process." Or, "Me Too has created a gender war."
“Me Too正在拆除正当程序。”或者“Me Too制造了一场性别战争。”
The media has been consistent with headline after headline that frames this movement in ways that make it difficult to move our work forward,
媒体们的意见一致,利用标题定义运动,使我们难以推动工作向前发展,
and right-wing pundits and other critics have these talking points that shift the focus away from survivors.
右翼专家和其他评论家将谈话要点从幸存者挪开。
So suddenly, a movement that was started to support all survivors of sexual violence is being talked about
突然之间,一场支持所有性暴力幸存者的运动正在被人们所讨论,
like it's a vindictive plot against men. And I'm like, "Huh?"
就像这是一种针对男人的报复阴谋。我就在想,“什么?”
How did we get here?
怎么会是现在这样?
We have moved so far away from the origins of this movement that started a decade ago,
我们已经远离十年前开始的这一运动初心,
or even the intentions of the hashtag that started just a year ago,
甚至远离了一年前的意图,
that sometimes, the Me Too movement that I hear some people talk about is unrecognizable to me.
有时候,我听到一些人谈论的Me Too运动,对我来说是陌生的。
But be clear: This is a movement about the one-in-four girls and the one-in-six boys
但需要明确的是:这是一项针对四分之一女孩和六分之一的男孩的运动,
who are sexually assaulted every year and carry those wounds into adulthood.
他们每年遭受性侵犯,将这些伤口带入成年期。
It's about the 84 percent of trans women who will be sexually assaulted this year
今年将有84%的跨性别女性遭受性侵犯,
and the indigenous women who are three-and-a-half times more likely to be sexually assaulted than any other group.
而土著女性遭受性侵犯的可能性比其他任何群体高出3.5倍。
Or people with disabilities, who are seven times more likely to be sexually abused.
或者是残疾人,他们遭受性虐待的可能性要高7倍。
It's about the 60 percent of black girls like me who will be experiencing sexual violence before they turn 18,
大约有60%像我这样的黑人女孩在18岁之前会经历性暴力,
and the thousands and thousands of low-wage workers who are being sexually harassed right now on jobs that they can't afford to quit.
而成千上万的低薪工人现在正遭受职场性骚扰而不能离职。
This is a movement about the far-reaching power of empathy.
这场运动深受同情的影响。

Me Too是一项运动 而不是一个瞬间

And so it's about the millions and millions of people who, one year ago, raised their hands to say, "Me too,"

所以这是关于成千上万的人,在一年前,他们举起手说“我也是”,
and their hands are still raised while the media that they consume erases them
他们的手现在仍在半空中,但是他们熟悉的媒体正在抹去他们,
and politicians who they elected to represent them pivot away from solutions.
他们选出的政客代表正在远离解决方案。
It's understandable that the push-pull of this unique, historical moment
这一独特的、历史性的时刻的推挽是可以理解的,
feels like an emotional roller-coaster that has rendered many of us numb.
感觉就像情绪的过山车,让我们很多人都麻木了。
This accumulation of feelings that so many of us are experiencing together, across the globe, is collective trauma.
我们许多人在世界各地共同经历的这种感情积累,就是集体创伤。
But... it is also the first step towards actively building a world that we want right now.
但是,这也是积极建设我们现在想要的世界的第一步。
What we do with this thing that we're all holding is the evidence that this is bigger than a moment.
我们对这件事情所做的一切,证明这不仅仅是一个时刻。
It's the confirmation that we are in a movement.
它证实了我们正在运动。
And the most powerful movements have always been built around what's possible, not just claiming what is right now.
而最强大的运动一直围绕着可能而建立,而不仅仅是现在声称的正确。
Trauma halts possibility. Movement activates it.
创伤停止了可能。运动激活了可能。
Dr. King famously quoted Theodore Parker saying, "The arc of the moral universe is long, and it bends toward justice."
金博士引用西奥多·帕克的一句名言:“道德世界的弧线很长,它向正义倾斜。”
We've all heard this quote. But somebody has to bend it.
我们都听过这句话。但必须有人去拧弯它。
The possibility that we create in this movement and others is the weight leaning that arc in the right direction.
我们在这个运动和其他运动中创造的可能性是在正确方向上的重量倾斜。
Movements create possibility, and they are built on vision.
运动创造了可能性,它们建立在愿景之上。
My vision for the Me Too Movement is a part of a collective vision to see a world free of sexual violence,
我对Me Too运动的看法是它是一个集体远景的组成部分,看到一个没有性暴力世界
and I believe we can build that world. Full stop.
我相信我们可以建立这个世界。停止性暴力。
But in order to get there, we have to dramatically shift a culture that propagates the idea
但是为了实现这一目标,我们必须彻底改变一种文化,这种文化传播了一种观点,
that vulnerability is synonymous with permission and that bodily autonomy is not a basic human right.
脆弱与许可同义,而且身体自治不是一项基本的人权。
In other words, we have to dismantle the building blocks of sexual violence: power and privilege.
换句话说,我们必须拆除性暴力的基石:权力和特权。
So much of what we hear about the Me Too Movement is about individual bad actors or depraved, isolated behavior,
我们所听到的关于Me Too运动的大部分内容都是关于个别不良行为者或堕落,孤立的行为,
and it fails to recognize that anybody in a position of power comes with privilege,
并且没有认识到任何处于权力地位的人都有特权,
and it renders those without that power more vulnerable.
并且使那些没有这种权力的人更容易受到伤害。
Teachers and students, coaches and athletes, law enforcement and citizen, parent and child:
教师和学生,教练和运动员,执法人员和公民,父母和孩子:
these are all relationships that can have an incredible imbalance of power.
这些都是可以产生令人难以置信的权力不平衡。
But we reshape that imbalance by speaking out against it in unison and by creating spaces to speak truth to power.
但是,我们通过一致地反对、通过创造空间向权力讲真话,来重塑这种不平衡。
We have to reeducate ourselves and our children to understand that
我们必须重新教育自己和我们的孩子明白,
power and privilege doesn't always have to destroy and take, it can be used to serve and build.
权力和特权并不总是必须摧毁和获取,它可以用来服务和建设。
And we have to reeducate ourselves to understand that,
我们必须重新教育自己要明白,
unequivocally, every human being has the right to walk through this life with their full humanity intact.
毫无疑问,每个人都有权利带着完整无瑕的人性走过这一生。
Part of the work of the Me Too Movement is about the restoration of that humanity for survivors,
Me Too运动的部分工作是为幸存者恢复这种人性,
because the violence doesn't end with the act.
因为暴力不会以行为结束。
The violence is also the trauma that we hold after the act. Remember, trauma halts possibility.
暴力也是我们在行为之后所持的创伤。请记住,创伤停止可能性。
It serves to impede, stagnate, confuse and kill. So our work rethinks how we deal with trauma.
它推动阻碍,停滞,混淆和杀戮。所以我们的工作需要重新思考如何应对创伤。
For instance, we don't believe that survivors should tell the details of their stories all the time.
例如,我们不相信幸存者应该一直讲述他们的故事细节。
We shouldn't have to perform our pain over and over again for the sake of your awareness.
我们不应该为了你的理解一遍又一遍地展示我们的伤疤。
We also try to teach survivors to not lean into their trauma, but to lean into the joy that they curate in their lives instead.
我们还试图教导幸存者不要倾斜于他们的创伤,而是要倾向于他们在生活中策划的快乐。
And if you don't find it, create it and lean into that.
如果你没有找到快乐,那就创造快乐并倾向快乐。
But when your life has been touched by trauma, sometimes trying to find joy feels like an insurmountable task.
但是当你的生活被创伤所触动时,有时试图找到快乐感觉就像是一项不可逾越的任务。
Now imagine trying to complete that task while world leaders are discrediting your memories
现在想象一下,你试图完成这项任务,但是世界领导人诋毁你的记忆,
or the news media keeps erasing your experience or people continuously reduce you to your pain. Movement activates possibility.
新闻媒体不断消除你的经历,或者人们不断低估你的痛苦。运动激活了可能性。
There's folklore in my family, like most black folks, about my great-great-grandaddy, Lawrence Ware.
像大多数黑人一样,我家里也有一个传说,关于我伟大的祖父劳伦斯·威尔的。
He was born enslaved, his parents were enslaved,
他一出生时就是奴隶,他的父母是奴隶,
and he had no reason to believe that a black man in America wouldn't die a slave.
他没有理由相信美国的黑人不会成为奴隶。
And yet, legend has it that when he was freed by his enslavers,
然而,传说当他被他的奴隶主释放时,
he walked from Georgia to South Carolina so that he could find the wife and child that he was separated from.
他从佐治亚州走到南卡罗来纳州,为了找到与他分离的妻子和孩子。
And every time I hear this story, I think to myself, "How could he do this?
每当我听到这个故事,我都会对自己说:“他怎么能这样做?
Wasn't he afraid that he would be captured and killed by white vigilantes, or he would get there and they would be gone?"
他不害怕自己会被白人警察俘虏杀死,或者他到那儿而妻儿已经离开?”
And so I asked my grandmother once why she thought that he took this journey up,
所以我曾经问过我的祖母为什么她认为他开始了这个旅程,
and she said, "I guess he had to believe it was possible."
她说:“我想他必须相信这是可能的。”
I have been propelled by possibility for most of my life.
在我生命的大部分时间里,可能性一直在推动着我。
I am here because somebody, starting with my ancestors, believed I was possible.
我在这里是因为有人,从我的祖先开始,相信我是可能的。
In 2006, 12 years ago, I laid across a mattress on my floor in my one-bedroom apartment,
12年前的2006年,我在我的一居室公寓的地板上铺了一张床垫,
frustrated with all the sexual violence that I saw in my community.
对我在社区看到的所有性暴力感到沮丧。
I pulled out a piece of paper, and I wrote "Me Too" on the top of it, and I proceeded to write out an action plan
我拿出一张纸,然后在其上面写了Me Too,然后我开始写出一个行动计划,
for building a movement based on empathy between survivors that would help us feel like we can heal,
建立一个基于幸存者之间的同情心的运动,这将有助于我们感觉我们可以治愈,
that we weren't the sum total of the things that happened to us.
我们不是所有发生在我们身上的事情的总和。
Possibility is a gift, y'all. It births new worlds, and it births visions.
可能性是一种礼物,你们都是。它诞生了新的世界,并产生了新的愿景。
I know some of y'all are tired, because I'm tired. I'm exhausted, and I'm numb.
我知道在座的的一些人都累了,因为我累了。我筋疲力尽,我麻木了。
Those who came before us didn't win every fight, but they didn't let it kill their vision. It fueled it.
我们的前人并没有赢得所有的战斗,但是他们没有让战斗杀死他们的远景。相反却助长了它。
So I can't stop, and I'm asking you not to stop either.
所以我无法停止,也请你们不要停止。
We owe future generations a world free of sexual violence.
我们欠后代一个没有性暴力的世界。
I believe we can build that world. Do you? Thank you.
我相信我们可以建立这个世界。你呢?谢谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
autonomy [ɔ:'tɔnəmi]

想一想再看

n. 自治,自治权,自主

联想记忆
confuse [kən'fju:z]

想一想再看

vt. 混淆,使困惑,使混乱

联想记忆
awareness [ə'wɛənis]

想一想再看

n. 认识,意识,了解

联想记忆
liar ['laiə]

想一想再看

n. 说谎者

联想记忆
dignity ['digniti]

想一想再看

n. 尊严,高贵,端庄

联想记忆
fortitude ['fɔ:titju:d]

想一想再看

n. 刚毅,坚毅,不屈不挠

联想记忆
configuration [kən.figju'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 结构,布局,形态,格式塔心理完形 [计算机] 配置

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
reassure [ri:ə'ʃuə]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 安心,再保证,重拾(信心等)

联想记忆
numbness ['nʌmnis]

想一想再看

n. 麻木;麻痹

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。