手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

如何从对社会运动的倦怠中恢复

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

In the summer of 2017, a woman was murdered by her partner in Sofia.

2017年夏天,在索菲亚,一名女子被她的另一半谋杀。
The woman, let's call her "V," was beaten for over 50 minutes before she died.
我们就称这位女子为“V”,她遭到毒打超过五十分钟,然后才死亡。
The morning after, her neighbors told the press that they heard her screams, but they didn't intervene.
隔天早上,她的邻居告诉新闻媒体,他们有听见她尖叫,但他们并没有干涉。
You see, in Bulgaria and many other societies, domestic violence is typically seen as a private matter.
要知道,在保加利亚以及许多其他社会中,家庭暴力通常会被视为是私事。
Neighbors, however, are quick to react to any other kind of noise.
然而,邻居对于其它种类的噪音却会非常快速做出反应。
We wanted to expose and affect the absurdity of this. So we designed an experiment.
我们想要将如此荒唐的现象揭露出来。所以,我们设计了一个实验。
We rented the apartment just below V's for one night.
我们租下一间公寓一晚,正好在V的家楼下。
And at 10pm, Maksim, the artist in our group,
在晚上十点时,我们团体中的艺术家Maksim
sat on the drum set we had assembled in the living room and started beating it.
在客厅里架起了一组打击乐器,并开始敲击。
Ten seconds. Thirty seconds. Fifty seconds.
十秒。三十秒。五十秒。
A minute. A light came on in the hallway.
一分钟。走廊出现了一道光。
One minute and 20 seconds. A man was standing at the door, hesitant to press the bell.
一分二十秒。有一名男子站在门口,犹豫着要不要按门铃。
One minute and 52 seconds. The doorbell rang, a ring that could have saved a life.
一分五十二秒。门铃响了,这个铃声原本可以拯救一条性命。
"Beat." is our project exploring the ominous silence surrounding domestic violence.
我们的计划叫做“战鼓”,是为了探究被不祥沉默所围绕着的家庭暴力。
We filmed the experiment, and it became instantly viral.
我们录下了这个实验,影片马上被疯传。
Our campaign amplified the voices of survivors who shared similar stories online.
我们的活动放大了在网络上分享类似故事的幸存者声音。
It equipped neighbors with specific advice, and many committed to taking action.
这个活动让邻居得到了明确的建议,其中有许多人也承诺会采取行动。
In a country where every other week,
在这个国家,每两周,
the ground quietly embraces the body of a woman murdered by a partner or a relative, we were loud, and we were heard.
大地会默默地收回被另一半或亲人所谋杀的女性尸体,我们的声音很大,并且被听见了。
I am an activist, passionate about human rights innovation.
我是社会运动家,对人权改革充满热忱。
I lead a global organization for socially engaged creative solutions.
我领导一个国际组织,提供创意的社会参与解决方案。
In my work, I think about how to make people care and act.
我的工作是在思考要如何让大家关心并采取行动。
I am here to tell you that creative actions can save the world, creative actions and play.
我告诉各位,创意行动能拯救世界,创意的行动和玩乐。
I know it is weird to talk about play and human rights in the same sentence, but here is why it's important.
我知道在一个句子里同时谈到玩乐和人权很奇怪,但以下就是它如此重要的原因。
More and more, we fear that we can't win this.
我们越来越害怕无法打赢这场仗。
Campaigns feel dull, messages drown, people break.
活动让人枯燥,信息被淹没,大家都累垮了。
Numerous studies, including a recent one published by Columbia University,
无数的研究,包括哥伦比亚大学近期刊出的一篇研究,
show that burnout and depression are widespread amongst activists.
指出过去的社会运动家大多已经精疲力竭且沮丧万分。
Years ago, I myself was burned out. In a world of endless ways forward, I felt at my final stop.
几年前,我自己也曾精疲力竭。在这个前路似乎无止尽的世界,我感觉到我的终点站了。
So what melts fear or dullness or gloom? Play.
那么如何能够融化恐惧、枯燥或阴沉?玩乐。
From this very stage, psychiatrist and play researcher Dr. Stuart Brown said that nothing lights up the brain like play,
就在这个讲台上,精神病学家及玩乐研究者Stuart Brown博士说过,没有什么能够像玩乐能够这样启发大脑,
and that the opposite of play is not work, it's depression.
并且玩乐的反义词并不是工作,而是沮丧。
So to pull out of my own burnout, I decided to turn my activism into what I call today "play-tivism."
所以,为了让自己摆脱精疲力竭的状态,我决定将我的社会运动家这个身份转变成如今我所说的“玩乐社会运动家”。
When we play, others want to join. Today, my playground is filled with artists, techies and scientists.
当我们在玩乐,其他人就会想要加入。现在,我的游乐场上满是艺术家、高科技专家和科学家。

如何从对社会运动的倦怠中恢复

We fuse disciplines in radical collaboration. Together, we seek new ways to empower activism.

我们将纪律融合到激进的合作当中。我们同心协力寻求新方法让社会运动更有影响力。
Our outcomes are not meant to be playful, but our process is. To us, play is an act of resistance.
我们的结果不是为了好玩的,但我们的过程是。对我们来说,玩乐就是一种反抗的举动。
For example, "Beat.," the project I talked about earlier,
比如,我刚才谈到的“战鼓”计划,
is a concept developed by a drummer and a software engineer who didn't know each other two days before they pitched the idea.
是由一位鼓手和一位软件工程师所构思而来,他们直到要为这个点子提案的前两天才认识了彼此。
"Beat." is the first winner in our lab series where we pair artists and technologists to work on human rights issues.
“战鼓”是我们的实验室系列的第一个胜利的计划,我们让艺术家和科技人员配合来处理人权议题。
Other winning concepts include a pop-up bakery that teaches about fake news through beautiful but horrible-tasting cupcakes...
其它胜出的概念包括了一个快闪面包店,能够通过外表好看但口味恐怖的杯子蛋糕来教导假新闻的议题,
or a board game that puts you in the shoes of a dictator
或是通过桌上游戏,让你扮演独裁者的角色,
so you get to really grasp the range of tools and tactics of oppression.
实际体验使用压迫手法和战略的罪恶感。
We did our first lab just to test the idea, to see where it cracks and if we can make it better.
我们做第一个实验室时只是为了测试这个想法,想看看有什么不足,以及是否能把它做得更好。
Today, we are so in love with the format that we put it all online for anyone to implement.
现今,我们实在太爱这个形式,所以我们把它放上网,让任何人都能运用。
I cannot overstate the value of experimentation in activism.
我不会夸饰实验性质的社会运动所带来的价值。
We can only win if we are not afraid to lose. When we play, we learn.
如果我们不怕输,最后就会赢。我们可以从玩乐中学到教训。
A recent study published by Stanford University about the science of what makes people care reconfirms what we have been hearing for years:
有一篇近期出版的斯坦福大学的研究,旨在探究什么因素会让人在乎,结果再次证实了我们多年来听到的说法:
opinions are changed not from more information but through empathy-inducing experiences.
观念的改变并不是靠大量的信息,而是通过亲身经历进而产生同理心来改变。
So learning from science and art, we saw that we can talk about global armed conflict through light bulbs,
我们从科学和艺术学习,我们了解到,我们可以用灯泡来谈论全球的武装冲突,
or address racial inequality in the US through postcards,
或是通过明信片,来说明美国的种族不平等
or tackle the lack of even one single monument of a woman in Sofia by flooding the city with them,
亦或当索非亚少了一名女子的纪念碑时,我们的处理方式是用一大堆纪念碑把城市淹没,
and, with all these works, to trigger dialogue, understanding and direct action.
而这些方式都促成了对话、了解以及直接的行动。
Sometimes, when I talk about taking risks and trying and failing in the context of human rights,
每当我在人权运动中谈论到我们所经历的风险、努力、失败时,
I meet raised eyebrows, eyebrows that say, "How irresponsible," or, "How insensitive."
我都能从人们的眉眼之间里看到,“真不负责任”的政府或“真没同理心”的罪犯。
People often mistake play for negligence. It is not.
大家通常会误把玩乐当作不正经。然而并不是。
Play doesn't just grow our armies stronger or spark better ideas.
玩乐不仅让我们的军队成长茁壮,为更棒的点子擦出火花。
In times of painful injustice, play brings the levity we need to be able to breathe. When we play, we live.
在不公正的痛苦时刻,玩乐能带给我们轻松,让我们能够呼吸。当我们玩乐时,我们是在过生活。
I grew up in a time when all play was forbidden. My family's lives were crushed by a communist dictatorship.
在我成长的时代,所有玩乐都是被禁止的。共和党的独裁,夺走了我家人的性命。
For my aunt, my grandfather, my father, we always held two funerals:
对于我的姑姑、我的祖父、我的父亲,我们都会办两场丧礼:
one for their bodies, but, years before that, one for their dreams.
一场是为他们逝世而办,但去世之前的数年,还为他们的梦办了另一场。
Some of my biggest dreams are nightmares.
我最大的那些梦当中,有许多是恶梦。
I have a nightmare that one day all the past will be forgotten and new clothes will be dripping the blood of past mistakes.
我有个恶梦,害怕有一天所有的过去会被遗忘,新衣裳会再次染上过去之血。
I have a nightmare that one day the lighthouses of our humanity will crumble, corroded by acid waves of hate.
我有个恶梦,某天人性的灯塔会粉碎,被一波又一波的仇恨给侵蚀了。
But way more than that, I have hope.
但更多的是我仍抱着希望。
In our fights for justice and freedom, I hope that we play, and that we see the joy and beauty of us playing together.
在我们为正义和自由而打的仗中,我希望我们能玩乐,希望我们能看到我们一同玩乐的喜悦和美丽。
That's how we win. Thank you.
那是我们获得胜仗的方式。谢谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fuse [fju:z]

想一想再看

n. 保险丝,引线,导火线
vt. 熔化,融合

 
nightmare ['nait.mɛə]

想一想再看

n. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇

联想记忆
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
overstate ['əuvə'steit]

想一想再看

v. 夸大的叙述,夸张

 
radical ['rædikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 激进的,基本的,彻底的
n. 激进分

 
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
depression [di'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沮丧,萧条

联想记忆
experimentation [ik.sperimen'teiʃn]

想一想再看

n. 实验,试验

 
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。