手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第31期:澳洲俚语(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Australians, what do you think? Is a ripper better than ace? I think so.

澳大利亚人,你们觉得怎么样?ripper比ace更好吗?我是这样认为的。
Meet Tom. Now Tom is a tradesman and tradesmen work in trades. They build things and they fix things.
来见见汤姆。汤姆是一个工匠,从事工匠工作。他们建造东西,修补东西。
Here in Australia it's really common to hear the abbreviated names of these jobs.
在澳大利亚,经常听到这些工作的缩写。
The shortened version because we Australians love to make words shorter.
缩短版是因为我们澳大利亚人喜欢把单词缩短。
Say out of all the tradies, which is a tradesman, tradies, you got your chippies - which is a carpenter - sparkys - which is an electrician - the brickies - which are bricklayers.
说到这些职业,tradies是工匠,chippies表示木工,sparkys表示电工,brickies表示瓦匠。
Did you get that?
你明白了吗?
He's referring to people's jobs.
他表示的是人们的工作。
A tradie is a tradesman. A chippy is a carpenter. Someone who workswith wood. A sparky is an electrician. A brickie is a bricklayer.
一位tradie表示一位工匠。一位chippy表示一位木匠。他和木头一起工作。一位sparky是一位电工。一位brickie是一位瓦匠。
Probably the other best part of the day is where we knock off.
或许一天中最棒的时候就是我们停工的时候。
Finish. Get on the piss, which is like you go have a beer.
完工了。畅饮一番,表示去喝啤酒。
Knock off and get on the piss.
停工和喝啤酒。
Not distinctly Australian expressions there but ones that you will definitely hear when you're speaking to Australians.
这不是一个明显的澳大利亚式的表达,但是当你和澳大利亚人进行对话时你绝对会听到。
Unfortunately. Knock off is to finish work for the day.
不幸。完工表示结束当天的工作。
What time do you knock off? I'll knock off early so we can go to the cinema.
你什么时候完工?我会早点完工,我们可以去电影院。
To get or to be on the piss means to drink alcohol and usually quite a lot of it.
去畅饮一番意思是喝酒,而且通常会喝很多。
One glass of wine is not"getting on the piss". Drinking ten beers is definitely on the piss.
一杯酒不叫“畅饮一番”。喝十杯绝对是畅饮。
Now this is not really a pleasant way to describe this activity.
现在,用这种方式来描述这项活动并不会令人愉快。
It's very, very informal and used only amongst friends but for goodness sake's please don't tell your boss that that's what you're doing on a Tuesday night.
这是非常非常非正式的,只在朋友之间使用,但看在上帝的份上,请不要告诉你的老板,这就是你周二晚上要做的事情。
Tell your boss you're meeting a friend for a drink.
告诉你的老板你要去见一个朋友喝一杯。
But then when you're talking to your friend you could say let's get on the piss.
但那时,你去见朋友时 ,可以说去畅饮一番。
That would be letting them know that you were interested in drinking a lot that night.
这会让他们知道那天晚上你想要喝很多酒。
Where's Sam? It's Friday, he'll be on the piss with his mates. Please don't tell anyone you learnt that from me, you learnt it from Tom.
萨姆在哪里?今天是星期五,他要和他的伙伴们一起畅饮。请不要告诉任何人你是从我那里学来的,你是从汤姆那里学来的。
I've got a few mates who often chuck a sickie which means when you can't be bothered going to work, they pretend to be sick and they tell their boss,
我有几个朋友经常生病,也就是说当你不想去上班的时候,他们假装生病,然后告诉老板,
well they tell them I'm sick, but they're really chucking a sickie.
他们会说自己生病了,但他们其实只是称病缺席。
Okay this is a good one, every Australian watching has definitely chucked a sickie at least at some time in the past.
这是一个很好的句子,每个在观看的澳大利亚人绝对之前至少有过一次称病缺席。
And you might have done it as well.
你可能也这么做过。
So this is when you tell your boss that you're unwell and that you need to take the day off work.
所以这个用于告诉你的老板你不舒服而且需要休息一天的时候。

OIP.6BOC08LMq3g52iuaTmGBNQHaE8.jpg

But really you just want to do something more fun like go to the beach or maybe the night before, you went out and you partied too hard and you can't be bothered, you feel lazy.

但实际上,你只是想做一些更有趣的事情,比如去海边,或者前天晚上,你出门了,去派对玩的太过了,你不想被打扰,觉得很懒。
So in Australian slang you can say that you chucked a sickie.
所以澳大利亚俚语中你可以说你chucked a sickie。
Your new friends here might try and convince you to go camping with them one long weekend.
你在这里的新朋友可能会试图说服你和他们一起去野营度过一个漫长的周末。
Come with us! You can just chuck a sickie on Monday!
和我们一起来吧!你可以在周一的时候称病请假!
The weather is so good today, I think we'll just chuck a sickie and go to the beach.
今天天气太好了,我觉得我可以称病缺席,然后去沙滩。
Also check out how Ben said Australia.
让我们看看本是怎么说澳大利亚的。
Not in Australia anyway. Not in Australia anyway. Not in Australia anyway.
不是在澳大利亚。不是在澳大利亚。不是在澳大利亚。
This is literally what Australia sounds like when Australians say it.
当澳大利亚人这么说的时候,澳大利亚听起来就是这样。
Let's get back to the girls.
让我们回到女孩那边。
Take it easy. Yeah. If you're too keen, too excited. When else do you use it?
放轻松。是的。如果你太热情,太紧张了。还有什么时候用它?
Like if you, just like, I'm going to take it easy. Too much.
就像。如果你,就像我要放松一下。太多情况了。
But then you can also tell someone if they're like angry or like too like, erratic. Just say like whoa take it easy. Take it easy is not strictly Australian.
但是如果别人生气,或者过于情绪不稳定,你可以告诉他们。就想说放轻松一点。放松不是严格意义上的澳大利亚式俚语。
You'll hear it said by lots of different native English speakers but it does have a few different meanings like Jess suggested.
你可以听见很多不同的英语母语者表达这句话,但是它确实有几种不同的含义,就像杰西表达的那样。
It can mean relax, to do nothing, just rest or chill out.
它可以表示放松,什么也别做,就只是休息或者放松一下。
What are you doing on the weekend? Nothing much, just taking it easy.
你周末打算做什么?没什么,只是放松一下。
Or it can mean calm down so if someone is getting angry or upset or they're too energetic, then you can say, hey, take it easy, Sam.
或者它可以表示冷静下来,所以如果某人生气或者沮丧或者太热情了,你可以说,嘿,山姆,冷静一点。
Stop yelling, tell me what's wrong. Okay we're just going to deal with the shrimp thing right now.
别喊了,告诉我怎么了。好吧,我们现在就来处理虾的事情。
You probably think that we say "Chuck another shrimp on the barbie!" all the time.
你可能会想我们是一直说“丢掉野外烧烤的虾吧!”
No! In Australia, this is not a shrimp. It's a prawn.
不!在澳大利亚,不用shrimp,用prawn。
We never say shrimp, you'll never hear an Australian say shrimp.
我们从来不说shrimp,你从不会听到任何一个澳大利亚人说shrimp。
But barbie is slang for barbecue and you'll hear people say that all the time!
但是barbie是野外烧烤的俚语,你会一直听到人们这么说!
Come round to our place for a Barbie on Sunday. That just means come around to our house for dinner.
星期天来我家吃野外烧烤吧。意思是过来我们家吃晚饭。
A dinner that we're cooking on the barbecue.
我们在野外烧烤时准备的晚餐。
So there you have it, a collection of Australian expressions by Australians.
在这里你学习了很多澳大利亚人使用的澳式表达。
Thanks to all of my awesome Aussie mates who helped to make this video.
感谢我那群很棒的澳大利亚朋友帮助我制作这个视频。
That's just a little taste of the type of English that you can expect down here in Australia.
这只是英语的一种类型,你期待在澳大利亚这里看到的。
Have a prawn off the barbie. Chuck another prawn on the barbie. Yeah, cut to me.
烧烤里不要有虾。把烧烤里的另一只虾丢掉。是的 ,切给我。
Well, I'm gonna play cricket, I bowl a few rips and orders or a couple of ring-a-ding-dinggers.
好吧,我要打板球,我会打几次或者打几次定位球。
Yeah I don't have to explain it, you have to have like the words come on.
是的,我不用去解释它,你肯定会理解的。
Sorry mate. Typical tradies, though, I'm a chippy, you know, all the tradies get to work, smocko, knock off, get on the piss.
抱歉,朋友。虽然我是一个技工,你知道,典型的工匠,所有的工匠会去工作,抽烟下班,畅饮一番。
Take it easy, take it back a notch, just wind it down over there, just keep going.
放松点,再往后退一步,把它放在那边,继续前进。
How do I speak in slang? Do you know what though? I reckon we nailed this.
我怎么说俚语?你知道吗?我想我们搞定了。
Don't forget to subscribe and check out some of my other more serious English grammar lessons over there.
不要忘记订阅以及看看我其他的一些严肃的语法课。
Thanks for watching, I'll see you soon.
感谢观看,下次见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
distinctly [di'stiŋktli]

想一想再看

adv. 清楚地,显然地,明显地

 
carpenter ['kɑ:pintə]

想一想再看

n. 木匠
v. 做木工活

联想记忆
bowl [bəul]

想一想再看

n. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场
v.

 
keen [ki:n]

想一想再看

adj. 锋利的,敏锐的,强烈的,精明的,热衷的 <

 
strictly ['striktli]

想一想再看

adv. 严格地

 
collection [kə'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐

联想记忆
erratic [i'rætik]

想一想再看

adj. 无确定路线,不稳定的,奇怪的,游走的,移动的;

联想记忆
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
typical ['tipikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的

 
upset [ʌp'set]

想一想再看

adj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的
v. 推翻,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。