手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

结合土著知识与科学应对气候变化

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I guess all of you have a smartphone or an iPhone, and this morning, probably you checked on the weather,

我猜大家都有智能手机或苹果手机,今天早上,你可能查看过天气预报,
if its going to be rainy to carry your umbrella, if it is going to be sunny to use your sunglasses,
如果要下雨,就带上雨伞,如果是晴天,就戴上太阳镜,
or if it is going to be cold to have an extra coat.
如果天变冷,就多穿件外套。
It's going to give you, sometime, good information and sometime not.
它有时会给你有用的信息,而有时则不然。
Let me tell you, my best app is my grandmother.
我告诉大家,我最好的应用程序是我祖母。
She's called Mamadda. She can tell you not only today's weather
她叫玛玛阿达。她不但能告诉你今天的天气,
but she can predict the next 12 months, if it's going to be a good rain season or not.
而且能预测接下来12个月是否会是一个风调雨顺的季节。
She can tell you just by observing her environment, by observing the wind direction, the cloud position,
她只需观察周围环境就能告诉你,她观察风向,观察云的位置,
the bird migration, the size of fruits, the plant flowers.
观察鸟类的迁徙,观察果实的大小,观察植物花朵。
She can tell you by observing the behavior of her own cattle.
她只要观察家畜的举动就能告诉你。
That's how she knows better the weather and the ecosystem that she's living in.
这就是她能对居住一带的天气和生态系统了如指掌的方法。
I'm coming from a pastoralist community who are cattle herders. We are nomadic.
我来自于一个游牧族群,由牧牛人组成。我们是游牧民族。
We move from one place to another one to find water and pasture.
我们从一个地方迁移到另一个地方寻找水源和牧草。
We can move up to a thousand kilometers, the size of California, within one year.
我们一年可以跨越一千公里,那是横跨加州的距离。
And this life helps us to live in harmony with our ecosystem.
这种生活帮助我们与生态系统和谐共处。
We understand each other. For us, the nature is our supermarket, where we can collect our food, our water.
我们彼此了解。对我们而言,自然是我们的超市,我们可以从中获取食物、水源。
It's our pharmacy where we can collect our medicinal plants.
大自然是我们的药房提供所需要的草药。
But it's our school, where we can learn better how to protect it and how it can give us back what we need.
大自然是我们的学校,我们学习去怎样更好保护它,以及怎样才能让它给予我们的所需。
But with the climate change impact, we are experiencing a different impact.
随着气候变化的影响,我们正经历着一种不同的影响。
In my community, we have one of the top five fresh waters in Africa.
在我的社区,我们拥有非洲五大淡水水源之一。
It's Lake Chad. When my mother was born, Lake Chad used to be about 25,000 kilometers square of water.
它就是乍得湖。在我妈妈出生时,乍得湖曾经有大约两万五千平方公里的水域。
When I was born, 30 years ago, it was 10,000 kilometers square.
到三十年前我出生时,它的面积是一万平方公里。
And actually now, it's about 1,200 kilometers square of water.
而实际上到了现在,它只有约一千两百平方公里的水域。
Ninety percent of this water just evaporated, disappeared.
90%的水就蒸发掉消失了。
And you have more than 40 million people living around this lake and depending on it.
还有超过四千万人环湖而居,赖以为生。
They are pastoralists. They are fishermen. And they are farmers.
他们有游牧民。有渔民。还有农民。
They do not depend on the end of the month's salary. They depend on the rainfall.
他们不需要每个月靠薪资生活。他们依靠雨水为生。
They depend on the crops that are growing or the pasture for their cattle.
他们依靠种植的庄稼,或牧牛所需的牧草。
The shrinking resources, you have many communities that are fighting to get access.
萎缩的资源,使更多社区为了抢占资源而争斗。
The first come is the first served. The second have to fight unto death.
先到先得。后来者则为此争斗得你死我活。
So climate change is impacting our environment by changing our social life,
因此气候改变通过改变我们的社会生活正影响着我们的环境,
because the role of man and woman in this region, it's different.
因为在这个区域,男人和女人的角色不同。
Man is supposed to feed his family, take care of his community, and if he cannot do that, his dignity is under threat.
男人应该养家糊口,照顾他的社区,如果他无法做到,他的尊严会受到威胁。
He cannot do anything else to pay it back.
他无法做其他事情去弥补。
So climate change takes our men far away from us. That is the migration.
所以气候变化把男性带去了远方,也就是移居。
They can migrate to a big city where they can stay for six or 12 months, where they get a job, they can send back money.
他们可以移居到大城市住上一年半载,找到一份工作并寄钱回家。
If they didn't get it, they have to jump into the Mediterranean and migrate to Europe.
如果他们做不到,他们便不得不去往地中海,并且移居到欧洲。
Some of them die there, but none of them stop going.
他们中有些客死他乡,但却没有令人却步。
Of course, it's sad for the hosting country, who are developed countries, who have to adapt to host the migrants coming.
作为东道国当然可悲,那些发达国家,必须适应接收移民的到来。
But how about those who are left behind, the women and the children who have to play the role of men,
但那些留下的人怎么办,妇女和儿童们不得不扮演男人的角色,
the role of women, who have to take care of the security, of the food, of the health of the entire family, children and old people?
女人的使命变成了需要确保整个家族里一家老小的安全,温饱和健康?
So those women for me, they are my heroes, because they are innovators, they are solution makers,
所以对我来说,那些妇女是我的英雄,因为她们会创新,会解决问题,
they are changing the little of the resources into the big for the community. So those are my people.
她们正用剩余的资源,让整个社区丰足起来。那就是我的人民。
So we use our indigenous people's traditional knowledge to get better resilience to what we need to survive.
我们运用土著人民的传统知识提高适应生存的能力。
Our knowledge is not only for our communities. It's to share with each and others who are living with us.
我们的知识不仅用于我们的社区。也被分享给和我们居住在一起的其他人。
And indigenous peoples around the world are saving 80 percent of the world's biodiversity. That's the scientists who say that.
全球的土著居民,正在挽救80%的世界生物多样性。科学家也证实如此。
Indigenous peoples in the Amazon, you can find the most diverse ecosystem, better than the national park.
亚马逊流域的土著人拥有最多样化的生态系统,甚至远好于国家公园里的系统。
The indigenous peoples from the Pacific, the grandma and the grandpa, they know where to get food after the hurricane hits them.
太平洋的土著居民,爷爷奶奶一辈人,他们知道在被飓风袭击后去哪可以找到食物。

结合土著知识与科学应对气候变化

So the knowledge that our peoples know

因此我们的人们所掌握的知识,
is helping us to survive and helping other peoples also to survive the climate change impact.
帮助我们在气候变化影响中得以生存,也帮助其他人民也得以生存。
The world is losing. We lost already 60 percent of the species, and it's increasing every day.
世界正在失去。我们已经失去了60%的物种,而且每天都在增加。
So one day, I took a scientist to my community.
有一天,我带了一个科学家来到我的部落。
I said, you are giving the good weather information through the TV and radio, but how about coming to my people?
我说,你们通过电视和广播发布有用的气象信息,但是可以亲自与我的人民分享吗?
And then they come, they sit around, and suddenly, as we are nomadic,
然后他们来了,人们围坐在他们身边,突然间,我们作为游牧人,
we just start packing our stuff, and then they say, like, "Are we moving?"
我们就开始打包物品,接着他们问,“我们要搬到别处去吗?”
I'm like, "No, we are not moving. It's going to rain."
我说,“不,我们不搬走,天要下雨了。”
And they're like, "Oh, there's no cloud. How do you know it's going to rain?"
而他们说,“噢,没有云。你怎么知道要下雨?”
We're like, "Yeah, it's going to rain."
我们说,“耶,要下雨了。”
We pack our stuff. Suddenly, heavy rain starts coming,
我们收拾行李。突然,大雨倾盆而至,
and we are seeing the scientist running around, hiding under trees and protecting their stuff. We already packed ours.
而我们看到科学家们四散奔跑,树下躲雨保护他们的随身物品。我们早就打包好了。
After the end of the rain, the serious discussion starts.
雨停了以后,正式的讨论开始了。
They say, "How do you know that it's going to rain?"
他们说,“你怎么知道要下雨?”
We say, "Well, the old woman observed the insects taking the eggs inside their homes,
我们说,“好吧,老一辈妇女注意到昆虫把虫卵往巢穴中移动,
and while the insect cannot talk or watch TV, they know how to predict to protect their generations, how to protect their food.
而昆虫不能讲话或看电视,它们知道如何预测来保护下一代,如何保护它们的食物。
So for us it's the sign that it's going to rain in at maximum a couple of hours."
因此,对我们来讲就是在几个小时之内,一定会下雨的征兆。”
And then they say, well, we do have knowledge, but we do not combine ecological knowledge and weather knowledge all together.
然后他们说,好吧,我们都有知识,但我们没把生态学知识和气象知识联系在一起。
So that's how I started working with meteorological scientists and my communities
这就是我如何开始同气象学家以及我的社区合作,
to give better information to get peoples adapted to climate change.
带来更准确的信息,帮助人们适应气候变化。
I think, if we put together all the knowledge systems that we have -- science, technology, traditional knowledge
我认为,如果我们能把拥有的所有知识系统综合起来--科学、技术,传统知识,
we can give the best of us to protect our peoples, to protect our planet, to restore the ecosystem that we are losing.
我们能尽我们所能来保护人们,保护地球,重建我们正在消失的生态系统。
I did that in another way, also. I used a tool that I really love a lot.
我也用另一种方式在做。我使用一种我非常喜欢的工具。
It's called a 3D participatory mapping:
它叫做三维参与式制图:
participatory, because it can bring women, men, youth, elders, all the intergenerational peoples.
参与式,因为它能集合妇女、男人、青年、老人、所有年龄段的人。
Then they use science-based knowledge, and the community comes together,
他们使用以科学为基础的知识,社区集合在一起,
they build this map, they figure out all the knowledge that we have about where is our sacred forest,
他们来绘图,他们考证出所有我们掌握的知识,比如说哪里是我们神圣的森林,
where is our water point, where is our corridor, where is the place that we move during each season.
哪里是我们的水源地,哪里是我们的走廊,哪里是每个季节我们迁移的地方。
And these tools are amazing, because it's building capacity of women, because in our communities women and men cannot sit together.
这些工具功能很强,因为它塑造了女性的能力,因为在我们这些社区妇女和男人不能坐在一起。
Men talk always, women just sitting there, but in the back. They are not there to take any decision.
男人通常拥有话语权,而女性只能在幕后坐在那里。她们也不在那里做决定。
So after the men figure out all the knowledge, we say, well, you call the women, "Come and have a look."
因此,在男人们清点出所有知识,我们说,好,你可以叫女人们,“来看一下。”
They say, "Yes, sure," because they've already done the first work.
他们说,“好的,当然,”因为他们已经做了前面工作。
When the women come, and they look at the map, they're like, "Mm, no."
当女人们来了,她们看到地图,她们说,“嗯,不对。”
"This is wrong. Here's where I collect the medicine. Here's where I collect the food. Here's where I collect..."
“这里错了。这是我采集草药的地方。这是我采集食物的地方。这是我采集...”
So we changed the knowledge in the map, and we called the men.
于是我们修改了地图上的信息,然后叫来了男人。
Well, they think about what women say. All of them shaking their heads.
好,他们思考着女人们说的内容,都摇着头。
"They are right. They are right. They are right."
“她们是对的。她们是对的。她们是对的。”
So that's how we build the capacity of the women in giving them a voice in this 3D participatory mapping,
这就是我们如何培养女性的能力,通过在这个三维参与式制图中给予她们发声的机会,
so women get the detailed knowledge that can help the community to adapt.
这样女性就可以获得更加详细的知识,以帮助社区来调整适应。
And man have the bigger picture knowledge.
男人拥有更广大视野的知识。
So when we put it together, this map helps them to discuss but to mitigate the conflict between the communities to access the resources,
当我们结合在一起,这个地图就会帮助他们去讨论,并在社区之间调和冲突,去获取资源,
to share better these resources, to restore it and to manage it for the long term.
更好地共享这些资源,去重建它,并从长远角度去管理它。
Our knowledge is very useful. Indigenous peoples' knowledge are very crucial for our planet. It's crucial for all the peoples.
我们的知识非常有用。土著居民的知识对于我们的地球也非常重要。对所有民族也至关重要。
Science knowledge was discovered 200 years ago, technology 100 years ago,
科学知识发现于200年前,科技出现在100年前,
but indigenous peoples' knowledge, it's thousands of years ago.
但土著居民的知识,存在于几千年前。
So why we cannot put all of these together,
为什么我们不能把这些综合在一起,
combine those three knowledges and give the better resilience to the peoples who are getting the impact of climate change?
结合这三方面的知识,给那些受到气候变化影响的人带来更好的恢复力?
And now it's not only the developing countries. It's the developed countries also.
现在不仅是发展中国家。发达国家也同样。
We saw the hurricane. We saw the flood around all the places. We saw the fire, even here in California.
我们看到飓风,我们看到各个地方的洪水,我们看到火灾,甚至在加州这里。
So we need all this knowledge to come together. We need the people in the center.
我们需要所有这些知识集合起来。我们需要以人为中心。
And we need the decision makers to change, scientists tell them, and we tell them, and we do have this knowledge.
我们需要决策者做出改变,科学家告诉他们,我们告诉他们,我们的确有这样的知识。
We have 10 years to change it. Ten years is nothing, so we need to act all together and we need to act right now. Thank you.
我们可以用十年来改变。十年微不足道,因此我们需要一起行动,我们需要现在就行动起来。谢谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
species ['spi:ʃiz]

想一想再看

n. (单复同)物种,种类

 
corridor ['kɔridɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 走廊

联想记忆
hurricane ['hʌrikən]

想一想再看

n. 飓风,飓风般猛烈的东西
adj.

联想记忆
migration [mai'greiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 移民,移往,移动

 
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
predict [pri'dikt]

想一想再看

v. 预知,预言,预报,预测

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
pasture ['pɑ:stʃə]

想一想再看

n. 牧场,草原
vi. 吃草
vt

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。