手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第50期:如何使用强调词(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

But, please be careful.

但是要注意。
It is possible to overuse intensifiers, particularly these high extremes,
过度使用加强词,尤其是使用这些高强调性的加强词,
so your sentence can really quickly become too full of strong emotions.
可能会使你的语句情感过于强烈。
And you'll start to sound a little insincere.
听起来不太真诚。
If this sentence was a person, it would sound like this.
如果这句子是一个人,它听起来会像这样。
The most unbelievably phenomenal thing has happened!
发生了一件最不可思议的事情!
My incredibly brilliant and utterly amazing brother
我聪明绝顶、超级完美的兄弟
just met an extremely wealthy man who owns an exceptionally successful company.
刚刚遇到了一个极其富有的人,这个人拥有一家非常成功的公司。
That's a bit too much!
这样的表达有点太过了!
So just take it easy okay?
放松,好吗?
With intensifiers, less is more.
在使用强调词的时候,少即是多。
It's better to have one or two really appropriate intensifiers than to have too many in your sentence, right?
在句子中,使用一两个真正合适的强调词要更好,用多了会适得其反。
Now, not all intensifiers are high-intensity.
不是所有的强调词都是高强调性的。
Not everything in life is so extreme, right?
生活中的每件事情也不是都是很极致的,对吧?
So we also use intensifiers to show medium and low intensity.
所以我们也会使用中低强调性的强调词来表达。
For medium intensity, these are really common ones.
有些很常见的中强调性的强调词。
really,very,pretty,quite,and particularly
比如really,very,pretty,quite和particularly
So these intensifiers are not quite as strong and they're not quite as intense.
这些强调词没有那么高的强调性,语气也没那么强烈。
But they are good to use if you want to emphasise a point a little, but not too much.
如果你只想适度强调,但又不想太够强烈的话,这几个词很好用。
Your resume is impressive.
你的简历令人印象深刻。
Your resume is quite impressive.
你的简历令人印象颇为深刻
Those desserts are good.
那些甜品很好。
Those desserts are particularly good.
那些甜品非常好。
The movie was okay but it got pretty violent towards the ends.
这部电影还不错,就是结局太暴力了。
And for low intensity,
还有一些低强调性的强调词,
you could use:mildly,relatively or somewhat
你可以用:mildly,relatively或者somewhat

AE15E629-F8CE-4B45-88B0-5DD11DBEE6EF_w1080_h608.jpg

So these are low strength intensifiers.

这些都是低强度的强调词。
They're useful to emphasise that the adjective is not strong.
它们在形容词不需太过强调的时候,非常有用
So imagine that you went to a comedy show last night and it was okay.
想象一下,你昨晚去看了场戏剧表演,还不错。
It was kind of funny.
有点有趣。
Definitely wasn't as funny as you thought it would be though.
不过绝对没有你想象的那么有趣。
So the show was mildly amusing.
所以,这场表演有点好笑。
Not much of a compliment for a comedy show if it was mildly amusing.
如果只是还行的表演,是没法得到太多称赞的。
So let's compare intensifiers.
让我们来对比一下这些强调词。
She's been stressed lately.
她最近压力大。
She's been mildly stressed lately.
她最近压力有点大。
She's been pretty stressed lately.
她最近压力很大。
She's been incredibly stressed lately.
她最近压力巨大。
See how we can add meaning and emphasis to our sentence just by adding these intensifiers?
你发现我们如何在句子中添加这些强调词,以达到丰富内涵,加强语气了吗?
Learning to use them is definitely going to help your English to sound more powerful and confident.
学习怎么去使用强调词,一定会让你的英语听起来更有力量,更自信。
So it's time for your homework!
现在是你的作业时间!
It's your turn to write some sentences in the comments below this video.
请你在视频下方的评论区中写几个句子。
We're expecting serious weather conditions tomorrow.
我们预计明天天气会很恶劣。
So can you see the adjective in that sentence there?
你有发现句子中的形容词是哪个吗?
‘serious', right?
是“serious”,对吧?
So I want you to take this sentence and rewrite it three times in the comments with a high, medium and low intensifier.
我希望你们在评论区中,分别用高度、中度、低度的强调词对这个句子进行三次改编。
Let's see how many different sentences we can get in the comments together.
我们一起看看评论区里,大家会写下多少种不同的句子。
Well that's it for this lesson.
好了,今天课的全部内容就到这里啦。
And now you know how to add more emotion into your English and how to express yourself clearly and naturally using intensifiers.
相信现在的你知道如何丰富句子情感,知道如何清楚地表达自己,并自然地使用强调词了。
So please do write even more sentences in the comments below this video.
请在视频下方的评论中写更多的句子。
I read them, I see them and I love giving little tweaks and corrections
我会阅读这些句子,并很乐意给你们一些调整和修改的意见
to make sure that you've understood my lesson correctly.
来确保大家已经正确理解了本节课的内容。
And if you did enjoy the lesson, please give it a ‘like' and subscribe to the mmmEnglish Channel.
如果你喜欢这节课,请点赞,并订阅mmmEnglish频道吧。
I make new English lessons here every week
我每周都会发布新的英语课,
so don't be a stranger, come say ‘hello' and come and check out some of my other lessons, right here.
所以别客气 过来打个招呼,来这儿看看我发布的其他课程。
Thanks for watching and I'll see you in the next lesson. Bye for now!
感谢收看,下节课见。拜拜!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
insincere [.insin'siə]

想一想再看

adj. 不真诚的

 
medium ['mi:diəm]

想一想再看

n. 媒体,方法,媒介
adj. 适中的,中等

联想记忆
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
amusing [ə'mju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有趣的,引人发笑的

 
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆
resume [ri'zju:m]

想一想再看

v. 再继续,重新开始
n. 简历,履历; 摘

联想记忆
violent ['vaiələnt]

想一想再看

adj. 暴力的,猛烈的,极端的

 
comedy ['kɔmidi]

想一想再看

n. 喜剧,滑稽,幽默事件

 
brilliant ['briljənt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的
n. 宝石

联想记忆
exceptionally [ik'sepʃənəli]

想一想再看

adv. 例外地,格外地,特别地

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。