手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 美国名师商务英语视频课程 > 正文

商务英语 市场营销有关表达的学习(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Then, you have to basically start or figure out how to get market penetration.

然后,你必须开始或者弄清楚如何获得市场渗透。
This is especially if you're going into a place where you don't already have basically a visibility or a standing.
特别是在你要去的地方,你根本就没有关注度或名声。
So, penetration, to penetrate means to enter. So, and another thing they want to do.
所以,渗透,渗透意味着进入。他们想做的另一件事是...
If they're already in the market, they want to try to corner the market.
如果他们已经进入了市场,他们想要垄断市场。
They want to basically take out the competition and have the strongest presence for their product or for their industry.
他们想从根本上消除竞争,为自己的产品或行业拥有最强的实力。
So, I'm just going to give you a whole bunch of vocabulary here.
所以,我将在这里给你们一大堆词汇。
If they're in a market, and part of cornering the market is increasing market share.
如果他们在市场中,垄断市场的一部分就是增加市场份额。
So, for example, if you think about a market as a pie chart like this - that's not the clearest, but let's say this is my company.
举个例子,如果你把市场想象成像这样的饼状图,这不是最清楚的,假设这是我的公司。
These are my competitors. I want a bigger piece of the pie.
这些是我的竞争对手。我想要更大的一块蛋糕。
So, what I need to do is figure out how to go from there to - and then make these guys smaller and now this is me.
我要做的就是找出如何从这里到...然后让他们的份额变小,现在这就是我的份额。
I've increased my market share. And the more I do it, now I'm starting to corner the market.
(我增加了市场份额。)我做得越多,现在我就开始垄断市场了。
Okay? So, that's the mission, that's the goal of any marketing department.
好吧?所以,这就是使命,这是任何营销部门的目标。
Now, how do they do this? Obviously, there's advertising - TV commercials, radio commercials, newspaper ads, magazine ads.
那么,他们是怎么做到的呢?很明显,有广告——电视广告、广播广告、报纸广告、杂志广告。
But then there's also something called product placement.
还有一种叫做植入式广告。
Now, if you go to any sporting event - let's say you go to a hockey game.
现在,如果你去参加任何体育赛事——假设你去看一场曲棍球比赛。
Around the boards of the ice, you'll see companies advertising their products. That's one way to place a product.
在冰面周围,你会看到公司在为他们的产品做广告。这是植入广告的一种方法。
If you think about - carefully think about TV shows that you like.
如果你仔细想想你喜欢的电视节目。
Let's take the TV show "Friends". If you look very carefully, you will sometimes see particular products.
让我们以电视剧《老友记》为例。如果你看得很仔细,你有时会看到一些特殊的产品。
These companies that own these products paid the studio that makes the show a lot of money to put their product there
这些拥有这些产品的公司为了把他们的产品放在剧里面,向制作这个剧集的工作室支付了很多钱,
so that people watching the TV show think that these characters,
所以看电视节目的人会认为这些角色,
who they have a sort of relationship with, are using this product.
与他们有某种关系的人,正在使用这个产品。
And then the consumers, the people watching the show, want to go buy that product.
然后消费者,也就是看节目的人,想要去买这个产品。
They want to be like the characters on TV.
他们想要像电视上的角色一样。
So, this is called product placement and it's very expensive.
这就是所谓的植入式广告,非常昂贵。
Another thing you can - another thing companies do is they get celebrity endorsements.
公司还能做的另一件事就是获得名人的支持。
And these days, with social media and all these, they get influencer endorsements.
如今,有了社交媒体,他们得到了有影响力的人的代言。
So, a celebrity is somebody who is very famous, like actor, musician, athletes.
名人是指非常有名的人,比如演员、音乐家、运动员。
An influencer is somebody who has many followers on social media, like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
一个有影响力的人是指那些在社交媒体上有很多粉丝的人,比如Instagram, YouTube, Facebook等等。
If these people - celebrities or influencers - recommend a product to all the people watching them,
如果这些人——名人或有影响力的人——向所有观看他们的人推荐一种产品,
then a lot of people will buy this product because they trust celebrities.
很多人会买这个产品,因为他们相信名人。
They trust the influencers and companies understand this.
他们信任有影响力的人,而公司也明白这一点。
They pay these people a lot of money to endorse their product, to say that their products are good and that a lot of people buy them.
他们给这些人很多钱来代言他们的产品,说他们的产品很好,很多人会买他们的产品。
Another way to grow market share is through organic growth. Organic means just natural.
增加市场份额的另一种方式是通过有机增长。有机意味着自然。
You have a very good product; you don't need to promote it. People will find that it's a good product.
你们的产品很好;你不需要推广它。人们会发现这是一个好产品。
Word of mouth - they will tell each other about this product, and more and more people will start to buy it.
口口相传——他们会告诉对方这个产品,越来越多的人会开始购买它。

市场营销有关表达的学习(3).png

But this is very, very difficult to achieve.

但这是非常非常难以实现的。
Because, again, if you go into a supermarket, you will see shelves - rows and rows and aisles of shelves with so many different products.
因为,如果你去超市,你会看到货架——一排一排的货架和一排一排的货架上摆满了各种不同的产品。
It's very difficult for any one product to stand out.
任何一种产品都很难脱颖而出。
That's why they need to go through all of these steps in order to become the market leader.
这就是为什么他们要经历所有这些步骤才能成为市场领导者。
Okay? So, there you go. A whole bunch of different things for branding and promotion.
好吧?好了。品牌和推广有很多不同的东西。
And another thing I forgot to mention before, I wanted to mention.
还有一件事我之前忘了说,我想说一下。
Remember, I mentioned positioning? How you're a luxury product or a budget product?
还记得我提到的定位吗?你的产品是奢侈品还是廉价商品?
In the 1980s, I think it was late 80s or early 90s, Porsche, I'm going to go back to Porsche, everybody thinks 911.
在80年代,我想应该是80年代末90年代初,保时捷,我要再说说保时捷,每个人都会想到911。
Porsche decided to produce a model - I think it was the 944, if I'm not mistaken.
保时捷决定生产一款车型——我想是944,如果我没弄错的话。
And this was supposed to be like, the budget version of a Porsche car.
这应该是保时捷的廉价版。
Because they thought maybe more people will buy Porches if it's more affordable.
因为他们认为,如果人们能负担得起,可能会有更多的人购买保时捷。
But this was almost a disaster. Not only did they not increase their market share, they actually lost market share.
但这几乎是一场灾难。他们不仅没有增加市场份额,反而失去了市场份额。
Why? Because the brand image of Porsche was luxury.
为什么?因为保时捷的品牌形象是奢侈的。
It's supposed to be unaffordable. It's supposed to be for the rich people.
它应该是普通人负担不起的。它应该是为富人准备的。
So, the rich people stopped buying Porsches because they saw poor people driving - not poor people, but middle-class people driving a Porsche.
所以,富人不再买保时捷,因为他们看到穷人开保时捷——不是穷人,而是中产阶级开保时捷。
So, if I'm a very rich person and I'm driving a Porsche and here's a middle-class person driving a Porsche next to me, I don't really feel very special anymore.
所以,如果我是一个非常富有的人,我开着一辆保时捷,而我旁边有一个中产阶级开着一辆保时捷,我就不再觉得自己很特别了。
So, they stopped buying. The company had a big problem.
因此,他们不再购买。公司遇到了一个大问题。
They got rid of the 944 and now they're a luxury brand again.
他们不再生产944车型,现在又成了奢侈品牌。
So, that's a lot to think about. Know your target audience.
所以,有很多需要考虑的事情。了解你的目标受众。
What are they going to think? How are they going to feel?
他们会怎么想呢?他们会有什么感觉?
How are you going to make them feel special and associate with your brand? That's the key.
你将如何使他们感到特别,并与你的品牌产生联系?这是关键。
So, that's it for now. If you have any questions about any of these vocab terms or expressions or points,
所以,目前为止是这样。如果你对这些词汇术语、表达或观点有任何疑问,
feel free to ask me in the www.engvid.com comment section.
请在英格威网站的评论区问我。
There's also a quiz there. You can check your understanding of all of these expressions.
还有一个小测验。你可以检查你对所有这些表达式的理解。
And give me a like if you like the video.
如果你喜欢这个视频,给我点个赞。
Don't forget to subscribe to my channel and ring the bell there for notifications of future videos.
不要忘记订阅我的频道,并按下铃,以收到我未来的视频的通知。
And come back soon for more useful topics. See you soon. Bye bye.
欢迎稍后再来讨论更多有用的话题。再见。再见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
recommend [.rekə'mend]

想一想再看

vt. 建议,推荐,劝告
vt. 使成为可取,

联想记忆
endorse [in'dɔ:s]

想一想再看

vt. 支持,赞同,背书于

联想记忆
promotion [prə'məuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 晋升,促进,提升

联想记忆
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
penetrate ['penitreit]

想一想再看

v. 穿透,渗透,看穿

联想记忆
presence ['prezns]

想一想再看

n. 出席,到场,存在
n. 仪态,风度

 
produce [prə'dju:s]

想一想再看

n. 产品,农作物
vt. 生产,提出,引起,

联想记忆
celebrity [si'lebriti]

想一想再看

n. 名人,名誉,社会名流

联想记忆
visibility [.vizi'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 能见度

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。